Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I didn't want it to go 24 hrs without someone adding to this thread. it felt unnatural.
    Shall we do a count down? 7:30pm Friday?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

DCE WATCH.....
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 31-05-15 at 06:45 PM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

You should extend that countdown to 5:30pm Wednesday 10th of June, when Rd 13 Officially ends...

Just to confuse it a bit more, isn't the backflip deadline after the completion of Round 13. I read today it was Tuesday.
    And just to add another persons opinion - I heard Clinton Shifcofske (not how it's spelt but you know who I mean) on the radio today and he is now a player manager. His opinion was that DCE will backflip.
    Just a joke and the game is making a fool of itself. The AFL types are just p1ssing themselves.

(Latest lurker article)
    Henry deserves more from DCE
    I got a good laugh out of this Cherry-Evans diary but I’m not sure Gold Coast will see the funny side should DCE do the dirty on them.
    They’ll be especially furious if he turns his back on them at the last minute, as there is no Plan B.
    If Cherry-Evans is to perform a backflip, he should give Gold Coast as much notice as possible.

Neil Henry says he has not spoken to the Manly half for six weeks, nor has he attempted to get in Aidan Sezer’s ear in case the DCE deal collapses.
    The Titans coach has been very honourable throughout – let’s see if the favour is returned.
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

I hope DCE is loyal, it will be an absolute c**t move if DCE backflips last minute. Tbh I now don't think he will. He has had enough time to fully make up his mind. I have heard a few rumours however (non reliable) that the deal may have already been done but Manly have been hiding it from the media untill the deadline. I however don't think this is true at all, that would mean DCE has no respect to our club. One thing though from the Neil Henry interview during the DCE questions was when king quoted DCE in saying "and my partner is excited for the move up to the GC" or something along those lines, this tells me that his partner is keen so for me that rules out in the potential backflip would be because of his partner not wanting to move up to the GC.

Any Updates? It's been almost 24 hours since the last post. The silence scares me.

I heard somewhere that manly haven't made an offer for DCE and he's waiting on it. EDIT: not sure if the link works but http://m.foxsports.com.au/video?v=dc...9771781&vc=222 that's it if anyone wants.
    Last edited by TitanSam; 02-06-15 at 04:07 PM.

What time on Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    What time on Tuesday?
    Close of business Wednesday

NRL's controversial Round 13 rule scrapped for 10-day cooling off period on player contracts

June 2, 2015 - 3:21PM

Brad Walter
    Sports Reporter

The will-he, won't-he saga around Daly Cherry-Evans' deal to leave Manly for the Titans led many to call for a change to the rules.

Players will be given a maximum 10-day cooling off period for any contract they sign after the NRL scrapped its controversial Round 13 rule.

NRL head of football Todd Greenberg announced the change as a temporary measure until head of strategy Shane Richardson finalises his whole-of-game review, which is investigating the possibility of a draft or transfer window system.

With Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans widely tipped to backflip on his $4.4 million, four-year deal with Gold Coast before next Wednesday, the current Round 13 rule has come in for massive criticism.

Wests Tigers fullback James Tedesco and Canberra forward Josh Papalii have also used the rule in recent seasons to back out of contracts with rival clubs.

Greenberg said that a contract signed with a rival club would now be registered once a 10 business day cooling off period had expired.

He said fans and clubs were frustrated with the Round 13 rule because of uncertainty and speculation created long after a contract has been signed.

"I think everyone agrees it is unseemly to have months of speculation about whether a player is going to a rival club," Greenberg said. "Our view is a 10 day cooling off period is an acceptable solution for all involved."

Greenberg said the introduction of the new rule is subject to further consultation and approval from the Rugby League Players Association.

If approved, it will stipulate that:

* A player may sign an extension of his contract with his existing club at any time;

* A player may sign with a new club only during the final year of his contract;

* A 10 business day cooling off period will apply to all contracts; and,

* A club signing a player is prohibited from making an announcement until the cooling off period has expired.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugb...02-ghez7m.html
    Psmitty

Paul Kent just said that tomorrow Daly will tell his teammates what he is doing and where he is going.

#DailyDalyupdate
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I'm not confident about this, if he was coming to us he wouldn't need to announce anything as "nothing's changed", but clearly there is something going on and I'm nervous as hell about it. But I'm going by his word "I'm still committed to the Gold Coast", as what he said like one or two weeks ago, so the fact he's changed his mind this soon means there's something going on back stage. It would really hurt his image BADLY (no bias) if he back flipped on us, especially how long he's dragged this out and pulled this club along.

If we lose DCE (which i pray doesn't happen) we should go HARD after Mbye. How great would it be to have 2 great junior QLD halves!

He is under contract with the dogs till 2016 but I agree chuck big bucks at him. Maybe 400K tbh I'm not being stuck with Morts at halfback