Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Round 26: COWBOYS vs TITANS

COWBOYS vs TITANS

5:30pm Sat 05 Sep 2015 1300SMILES Stadium
    #NRLCowboysTitans
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A bit worried about getting a hiding this week, as the Cows will be fired up over there fairly ordinary loss last weekend. The naming of Tuesday's Squad will be interesting considering our current injury toll.

Not at all worried about this game. I just hope the young guys all get a good run and no injuries. However, I will be watching some of the other games very closely.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Morgan, Moga, Tamou, Matt Scott out for the cowboys and Tomo not firing, if our forwards dig deep like they did against the dragons we could win this one. I will be very wary of Jt, Coote and Granville through the middle of the field, I hope we exert our dominance early in the game.

If Canberra win tonight I'm not worried about this at all given our injury toll. If Penrith win then we need someone to take JT out in the first 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If Canberra win tonight I'm not worried about this at all given our injury toll. If Penrith win then we need someone to take JT out in the first 30 seconds.
    If the part time Captain plays he would be a good choice to take out JT but I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them anyway they are a much weaker side without Morgan
    #itaintweaktospeak

I want a fit & healthy JT for the finals thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I want a fit & healthy JT for the finals thank you very much.
    All good. JT can keep his head on. The spoon is someone elses problem.

All good. JT can keep his head on. The spoon is someone elses problem.
    Funny how half way through the year people are talking up Penrith recruitment. Gould and Cleary, etc.

Most likely for the spoon now. Shows just how close it is and injuries and momentum are the keys.

When I tip, I tip against a team if they have lost their regular full back. works in Penrith case anyway.

S66 my man, I was going to open a thread on this subject ... Penrith the shining example of what happens when you big-note yourself in rugby league ... stuff you Gould, Cleary, Idris and all the rest (except for Segeyaro) ... eat poop.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    S66 my man, I was going to open a thread on this subject ... Penrith the shining example of what happens when you big-note yourself in rugby league ... stuff you Gould, Cleary, Idris and all the rest (except for Segeyaro) ... eat poop.
    I did envy Penrith for a little while there, especially regarding their juniors. How quick that has changed....

The team:

1 – Josh Hoffman
    2 – David Mead
    3 – James Roberts
    4 – Brad Tighe
    5 – Nene Macdonald
    6 – Daniel Mortimer
    7 – Kane Elgey
    8 – Luke Douglas
    9 – Beau Falloon
    10 – Ryan James
    11 – Agnatius Paasi
    12 – David Taylor
    13 – Lachlan Burr

Interchange
    14 – Matthew White
    15 – Eddy Pettybourne
    16 – Nathaniel Peteru
    17 – Kierran Moseley
    18 – Kalifa Faifai Loa
    19 – Matt Robinson
    20 – Leva Li

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    I did envy Penrith for a little while there, especially regarding their juniors. How quick that has changed....
    But is anyone else worried that we have the exact plan as Penrith? Get rid of the rot, bring in some young guns, develop the juniors and bring in other players with experience? It's not a bad plan but it all goes south when injuries hit. I'm not sure what the answer is but how do you maintain a consistent team whilst blooding players to allow for depth especially with reduced interchange?

Cowboys

1 Lachlan Coote
    2 Kyle Feldt
    3 Justin O'Neill
    4 Kane Linnett
    5 Antonio Winterstein
    6 Ray Thompson
    7 Johnathan Thurston (c)
    8 Matthew Scott (c)
    9 Jake Granville
    10 James Tamou
    11 Gavin Cooper
    12 Ethan Lowe
    13 Jason Taumalolo

Interchange
    14 Rory Kostjasyn
    15 John Asiata
    16 Scott Bolton
    17 Ben Hannant
    18 Ben Spina

Coach: Paul Green
    #itaintweaktospeak

But is anyone else worried that we have the exact plan as Penrith? Get rid of the rot, bring in some young guns, develop the juniors and bring in other players with experience? It's not a bad plan but it all goes south when injuries hit. I'm not sure what the answer is but how do you maintain a consistent team whilst blooding players to allow for depth especially with reduced interchange?
    As injuries are always going to hit teams from time to time I reckon the best way to keep your premiership chances on track is not to have the team built around one bloke (usually one of the halves). What I mean is that if the Cows lose JT does anyone give them a hope. No. But the Roosters lose Pearce but the team doesn't solely revolve around him and they can cover him a bit easier.
    Penrith had a stack of injuries and just couldn't cover them. The Dogs also lose players but they have enough ability in positions to cover a few losses and not one star player runs the team.
    Probably had too many beers to properly explain myself but that's the best I can do!