Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Titans Preaseason 2015

Here is a video from Titans.com that shows some of what happened on the first day back:

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/1...are_back_.html

In the video it says Myles led from the front fresh from his shoulder injury. It also says Kane Elgey and Jamal Fogarty showed the older guys how its done in the 2km run and Lachlan Burr impressed everyone with his attitude and fitness.

The Titans will be posting gallery of photos from day 1 training on twitter tomorrow.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

The video also shows James Roberts training which is a positive sign.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Shaun Hudson also training with the NRL squad despite having another year left in u20s.

Day 2 of preseason training 2015: WELCOME TO THE TORTURE CHAMBER
    http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/1...e_chamber.html

Neil Henry explains that this year we are doing more running work than we would have done in previous years. Started with 2km runs yesterday and cardio work today in the chamber. The guys who are a little less fit will take part in more training sessions than the rest of the team which will have them training on weekends while others rest. The demountable gym (which acts as an altitude chamber) in the small shed aims to make the training conditions a little more difficult.
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 04-11-14 at 08:04 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    The altitude chambers aim to make the training conditions a little more difficult.
    No altitude chambers any more brother. Good ol' fashion demountable gym...

Boys look pretty fit in the video. Good to hear the new faces are impressing early.

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    No altitude chambers any more brother. Good ol' fashion demountable gym...

Boys look pretty fit in the video. Good to hear the new faces are impressing early.
    Yeah sorry about that I will edit it.

Agreed its good to see. Really excited to see what Lachlan Burr can do as I have heard good things about him and he has impressed Henry in the first 2 days.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Nice article in the Courier this morning about Carter getting hammered for coming back a little heavy. Had to run laps with the King.....

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Nice article in the Courier this morning about Carter getting hammered for coming back a little heavy. Had to run laps with the King.....
    Didn't see the article but did notice Carter and Henry running in the video. Had to double check I saw it right haha
    #iwillneverwalkaway

No sponsorship aside, I wouldn't be surprised if the training gear we are seeing is only temporary. It looks like a default design that has been made blue and had a Titans logo slapped on it. If the only change to come is a sponsor on the front then I'll be pretty disappointed in all honesty.

Gold Coast Titans sweat under King Henry’s rule

WELCOME to the Hot Box — the steaming room the Gold Coast Titans hope will help steel them for a premiership assault.

The Titans yesterday trained in a sweltering demountable that got so hot some of the electronic equipment struggled — and our photographer’s lens kept fogging up.

Coaching staff deliberately left the air conditioners switched off and shut the doors, creating an energy-sapping humidity they are hoping will galvanise them ahead of the 2015 season.

The players boxed, rowed and ran on treadmills in what is destined to be a tough pre-season of conditioning following the recruitment of sports scientist Tim Gabbett.

It was a tough initiation for recruit Lachlan Burr, who only arrived on the Gold Coast from Canterbury at the weekend.

“It’s torture in there. I’ve never trained in anything like it,” Burr said.

“It’s good but when you’re doing it it’s not good.

Coach Neil Henry, who’s overseeing his first pre-season since replacing John Cartwright, said the aim was to create an “uncomfortable environment” for players.

“It’s good in the demountable. We had the altitude chamber at Robina and we haven’t got that now (at The Southport School) but we’ve got a very hot environment in there,” he said.

“It’s an uncomfortable environment. We’re trying to make it nice and humid in there and make the training conditions are bit more difficult for them.”

The Titans returned to the training paddock on Monday with 12 players showing great levels of fitness. A group of five, including co-captain Nate Myles and half-back Daniel Mortimer, impressed so much they were given the rest of the week off. The remainder of the squad sweated it out yesterday while Henry even did laps of the TSS fields with Paul Carter.

“There are some guys who have done a fair bit (of training) over the off-season and other guys not so much and have enjoyed their break,” Henry said.

“Some guys it’s a bit disappointing but overall we’re pretty happy with where we’re at.” The Titans first real hit-out is at the Auckland Nines from January 31 to February 1.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans preseason like “Groundhog Day” says Nate Myles
    LAINE CLARK AAP NOVEMBER 10, 2014 5:22PM

PLENTY has changed at the Gold Coast Titans — new coach, new facilities, new personnel.

But Titans co-captain Nate Myles reckons it feels like “Groundhog Day” at the NRL club.

Coach Neil Henry has taken charge of his first Titans pre-season since replacing John Cartwright, whipping players back into shape at their new makeshift training base at The Southport School. And the squad has been bolstered by the likes of new faces such as ex-Broncos Josh Hoffman and David Hala.

However, Myles admitted the more things have changed, the more they have remained the same at the Titans.

Twelve months ago Myles predicted a strong preseason would help set up a big year for the Gold Coast.

And he admitted it “hurt” that not much had changed in a year for the rebuilding club after finishing third-last in 2014.

“The thing for us is to realise as a playing group our ... club in general have provided everything for us — we just have to work together to go forward,” Myles said.

“I will be making sure the playing group does that.”

When reminded that he had said the same thing 12 months ago, Myles said: “It does hurt — it’s a bit of a Groundhog Day thing. “If you are going to keep saying it, it is a bit silly.

“It’s more about actions now. I think our pre-season is going to determine how we go. (But) I think everyone needs to stand up a bit more.”

Myles admitted he did not know what to expect when the club said they were relocating their training base to The Southport School (TSS) before moving to a newly-constructed facility at Coomera in 2016.

The Titans did not renew the lease at their original training headquarters at Robina after being forced to sell it due to debts of $25 million.

So Myles didn’t know what hit him when Henry revealed his secret weapon at TSS — the “hot box”.

Players work out in a demountable with air-conditioners off and doors closed, ensuring sweltering humidity that can cause problems for electronic equipment.

Henry — armed with new sports scientist Tim Gabbett — came up with the idea in a bid to create an uncomfortable environment and build mental toughness.

“The facilities are a lot better than I thought they would be — the bar has been lifted already,” said Myles who is recovering from a biceps injury that kept him out of the Four Nations.

“Everyone has been put on notice where they stand. It is up to everyone now to try and impress — I don’t see that as a negative at all.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227118650592

Gold Coast Titans happy with their new training base at The Southport School
    CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL NOVEMBER 10, 2014 5:48PM

THEY need lifeguards at pool sessions and have to schedule weight training around school rugby teams but the Titans believe their makeshift home at The Southport School will actually be a real centre of excellence.

Titans coach Neil Henry yesterday led a tour of their picturesque new facility on the northern end of the Gold Coast following their fast-tracked move out of the controversy-dogged Centre of Excellence at Robina.

Near the canals the rich and famous call home, with Surfers Paradise high rises looming in the background, the Titans have custom made three demountable buildings they will be based out of this season.

It sounds third world in a sporting sense but the back to basics facilities they have built and the TSS areas they will cohabitate could actually be the raw materials needed for success.

In his final press conference as Titans coach, John Cartwright said it wasn’t a coincidence the club’s form had descended since they moved to the state of the art Robina centre and away from the make-shift Runaway Bay demountables they were born into in 2007.

At The Southport School, which has produced Wallabies such as Nathan Sharpe, the Titans have several training fields, a large weights room, a hot box cardio room and are building an ice bath and recreation area.

They will use the school’s theatrette for video sessions and lap pool for recovery, although they do have to work around the student’s needs when booking each facility.

Workplace health and safety laws of a school dictate a lifeguard is needed when the Titans use their pool while they have ditched their altitude chamber in favour of the hot box.

The hot box is a demountable featuring several treadmills in which the players are crammed in, the air-conditioning turned off, and the kilograms shed.

It sounds simple, but heat training is actually the new trend as sporting teams realise altitude training makes little difference when you are competing at sea level.

The move is barely costing the Titans a cent and they will co-share their own gym equipment with TSS and coach their rugby teams on defence as well as sharing weight training knowledge.

Captain Nate Myles is reserving judgment on the impact the new home will have.

The Titans have not qualified for the finals since 2010.

Myles himself has fallen victim to bold predictions in previous pre-seasons, believing each year he has spent at the Gold Coast was the season the rot would stop.

“In 12 months’ time I will let you know,” Myles said when asked if the change was needed.

“It has been like Groundhog Day.

“We need to work hard now. The club has provided everything for us here.

“If anyone thinks the other side of the fence is going to be greener they are in the wrong place.

“There’s no beating around the bush, the club is changing and the roster is changing.

“Everyone has been put on notice and told where they stand.

“Now they have to impress. I don’t see that as a negative at all.

“The facilities are little better than I thought to be honest.

“We can’t complain at all. The training is hard and it will only get harder.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227119191245

Last edited by K2G; 11-11-14 at 02:35 PM.

Junior

I suppose it's not possible to view training sessions now?
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

#iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

Versatile new Titan impresses

By COURTNEY WARD
    Nov. 11, 2014, 10:13 p.m.

DAVIN Crampton may have only been a Gold Coast Titan for a little more than a week, but he is already making impressions at the club.

Titans head coach Neil Henry believes the former Normanton Stinger can be a valuable asset to his club for the 2015 NRL season.

“I’ve known about Davin for a while now from my years up at the North Queensland Cowboys,” Henry said.

“We have liked him for a while here at the Titans, but it was all about who was leaving the club and if we could find a spot for him in our squad.”

Henry intends to use 26-year-old’s versatility to his advantage during the pre-season and into the 2015 season.

Davin Crampton is making his mark at new club Gold Coast Titans.

“I thought Davin had a tremendous season for the Northern Pride and he has been one of their most consistent players of the past couple of years,” he said.

“I know former coach Jason Demetriou has a high opinion of him, as he has the rare ability of being able to fill numerous positions across the park.

“He’s played a little back row and even fullback, but I think he’s best suited to playing in the centres for us. He played strong there in the Pride’s final series, which included a great win against Penrith, and with both Brad Takairangi and Maurice Blair leaving the club, there could be an opening there.

“Davin’s a great runner of the ball that can break the line easily, as well as being a strong carrier of the ball, so I know he can bring a lot to our attack.

“Despite him being a late bloomer, he has adapted quickly to the stepped up regimen of three to four sessions a day.

“The trainers have been impressed by his speed and the shape he has turned up in, so he’s definitely not at the back of the pack and will benefit hugely from the full-time training.”

Crampton could be joined at the club by fellow North-West Queensland rugby league star Kierran Moseley this season, with reports linking him to a move there.

“There has been some talks with Kierran’s manager, as we are certainly interested, but nothing has been signed yet,” Henry said.

“It all depends if Penrith are willing to release him.

“They obviously have James Segeyaro there and have just signed Apisai Koroisau from South Sydney, so if Kieran wants a pathway to regular first grade, he might need a change of scenery.”

- - - Updated - - -

I am not a dud buy: Titans NRL recruit

DateNovember 12, 2014 - 4:11PM

Laine Clark

He was known as the Brisbane Broncos' strongest man.

But Gold Coast recruit David Hala reckons he won't be hitting the Titans weights any time soon as he looks to avoid another tag - "dud buy".

"I have a lot to prove," the injury-plagued Hala said.

"I have to train hard and get the respect of the boys, have the belief that I can punch out the minutes, that I wasn't just a dud buy."

Hala, 25, held the Broncos' bench press record of 195kg.

But Hala reckoned he could afford to avoid the gym for months as he tackled his first full pre-season ahead of his seventh year in the NRL.

"I can afford not to do gym for four weeks or two months or something," he smiled.

"I've just got to keep running, as long as I can - I have to get that conditioning back."

Remarkably, injuries - warranting 10 operations - have restricted Hala to just 37 games for Brisbane since his 2009 debut.

It ensured that even with Martin Kennedy and Ben Hannant cut, Hala was so far down the pecking order in the Brisbane pack that he was told he could look elsewhere by returning Broncos coach Wayne Bennett.

"It all happened pretty quickly," he said.

"I was a Bronco on Monday and then Tuesday morning got a call from the manager saying I had a couple of offers on the table.

"I talked to Wayne and asked where I sat in the pecking order and he was really honest."

Asked about Bennett's Broncos clean-out, which has also claimed Josh Hoffman and Ben Barba, Hala said: "It's a big change but it's totally on Wayne's shoulders.

"He is bringing what he wants to the club and what he thinks is right - I wish them the best of luck."

Due to his horror injury run, Hala initially accepted a downgraded one-year deal for 2015 in order to stay at the Broncos under former coach Anthony Griffin.

But Hala eventually walked as the returning Bennett cleared cap space for Darius Boyd's arrival and a forward, with Dragons hardman Trent Merrin linked to the club.

These days, Hala just wants to put Brisbane behind him.

Asked if he was looking forward to playing Brisbane, the unlucky Hala quipped: "I am looking forward to playing anybody actually."

© 2014 AAP
    Brought to you by

First article from 'North West Star', second from 'The Age'.
    Last edited by Mr Stupid; 13-11-14 at 07:54 AM. Reason: repetition
    Call me Mr Stupid but...