Default Gold Coast titans TV Mararthon

All don't forget today on FOX sports 1 from 12pm it is the titans turn for the NRL club day football, a heap of replays from the past bring it on.

Thankfully I just got Foxtel the other day. Will definitely be tuning in to watch.

Cheers for that Dwayne i'll set the link now
    #itaintweaktospeak

That's is NSW start time also

Can someone tell me what happened to Zillman? Watching some games from 2010 and 2012 on this Foxtel marathon and he carved up in the games I watched. In the 2012 game vs Broncs at home he was making breaks left right and centre including the try he set up for Meady (with assist from Prince). I also just watched the Warriors final and he was playing great, again making linebreak after linebreak.

How does someone go from fairly good to complete **** in just 1-2 years? Maybe by some small chance he will get better this year. Wouldn't put my money on it but who knows.

he has had a handful of quite good games in his time with us. the warriors final i believe he was playing wing for us though.

i think his biggest issue is confidence. Cartwright always seemed to pump his tyres up to try get him to believe in himself, but never quite got there.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    he has had a handful of quite good games in his time with us. the warriors final i believe he was playing wing for us though.

i think his biggest issue is confidence. Cartwright always seemed to pump his tyres up to try get him to believe in himself, but never quite got there.
    Nah in the Warriors game he was playing fullback but was wearing the #5 jersey (Campbell was out with a hamstring injury I think). Just annoys me that sometimes he can kill it but most games he can't do anything good. I want to like him but I just can't

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Nah in the Warriors game he was playing fullback but was wearing the #5 jersey (Campbell was out with a hamstring injury I think). Just annoys me that sometimes he can kill it but most games he can't do anything good. I want to like him but I just can't
    I think DB had it about right when he said Zilly has had a handful of "quite good" games for us. I cannot really remember a game where he was anywhere near the best on the field like I can with Presto, Friend, Matty Rogers.
    Zilly seems like a real nice bloke, speaks well, has never caused any issues off the field, and he seems like a great club man. I like him as a bloke and he seems like he has the nous to be a good person to have around the admin side of the club. But .....unfortunately nice guys don't always make good footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I think DB had it about right when he said Zilly has had a handful of "quite good" games for us. I cannot really remember a game where he was anywhere near the best on the field like I can with Presto, Friend, Matty Rogers.
    Zilly seems like a real nice bloke, speaks well, has never caused any issues off the field, and he seems like a great club man. I like him as a bloke and he seems like he has the nous to be a good person to have around the admin side of the club. But .....unfortunately nice guys don't always make good footballers.
    I totally agree with you. He is exactly the same as Cartwright. Good man off the field but cannot produce results on it. I think the 2012 game vs Broncos was a game where he was on fire and the best on field for us. Like you and DB said though, a handful of good games is not good enough in top level footy.

i think he had a blinder against canberra one day and had 6 line breaks, added to the broncs match, the warriors final and maybe one other game as standouts. not enough.

also, compare his line breaks to try or try assist ratio to the top fullbacks... would be tiny i expect. i think everyone (including zillman which pains me) gets a bit of a free pass for first 6-8 rounds to see if Henry can find something Carty couldnt in them.

Still hoping hoff starts at 1