Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I would really love for Matai to come here. He is a tough centre who is still in the top 5 in my opinion. Sure he might go down injured but last year he played 25 games which suggests he mustn't have missed many games. His stats show he has been an important part of the Manly backline. Right now we have one good centre in Roberts but no one else that can really play good consistently in the centres. Matai would fill that role perfectly. Even if it is for 2 years, Matai would play well in those 2 years and play his hardest for the team. People have been saying $300,000 is too high but I think that is a good price for a player of his standard.

If Matai doesn't sign for this year, I would be looking at Cherry-Evans. DCE would be extremely good for the club on and off the field. He would steer the team around the park and would attract other star players to the Titans. Get recruiting Titans management! We need some stars!

300 grand for him would be very cheap
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    If Matai doesn't sign for this year, I would be looking at Cherry-Evans. DCE would be extremely good for the club on and off the field. He would steer the team around the park and would attract other star players to the Titans. Get recruiting Titans management! We need some stars!
    You will not give up on the DCE chase will you T4L!! Of all the players rumoured to be leaving Manly DCE looks the most likely to stay. Personally I think Foran is a better buy as he takes the line on which only the very best 5/8's do and as he is a Kiwi he doesn't get distracted by SOO. But sorry T4L, you can't have him either.
    As Teke said, $300k for Matai is cheap. A number of people worry about his age but I just look at it simply - is he better than what we have now or better than other options we are likely to have during the term of his contract. If the answer is yes, which I think it is, then grab him.

Guys, let's get real … if he is actually asking for an immediate release then the deal is done … even the most moronic imbecile would not opt out of his contract a month before the new season on pure speculation.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Interesting...

@gc_anthony:"Moley what are the chances of Matai to Titans? Is that article by Matterson a cover up?"

@RLW_Mole: "@gc_anthony good chance"

"@WackosWhispers: Steve Matai situation will be sorted in coming weeks and he will be joining another Sydney Club"

Wow this is some different news. Doesn't make sense for him to sign with another Sydney club. He wants to be close to family doesn't he? I would think that it might be the Eels but why he would sign with them is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    "@WackosWhispers: Steve Matai situation will be sorted in coming weeks and he will be joining another Sydney Club"

Wow this is some different news. Doesn't make sense for him to sign with another Sydney club. He wants to be close to family doesn't he? I would think that it might be the Eels but why he would sign with them is beyond me.
    Seems to be getting more confused by the day. Wacko says this will be sorted in the coming weeks. The comp start is not far away so it will be getting disruptive to a club if it's not sorted asap. Manly have just announced the signing of Luke Burgess from Souths for this year and next so perhaps they are using money freed up by Matai's expected departure.

C'mon ... 'leaving to be near family' is NRL-speak for 'i'm getting out no matter what'.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    C'mon ... 'leaving to be near family' is NRL-speak for 'i'm getting out no matter what'.
    Yeah that's as believable as "it's my last contract and I have to do what's best for my family". Usually said from players that have been on 300-400k for 7-8 years and you think what have they done to the couple of million they have already earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    True in most cases. But it was a refreshing change that it wasn't the case for DT. Just wish more Qlders would follow his lead (hint hint DCE)