Default Myles unlikely to play All Stars game due to shoulder injury

Nate Myles unlikely to play All Stars game in February due to shoulder injury
    Nathan Ryan FOX SPORTS
    January 14, 2015 1:25PM

NATE Myles has revealed a second shoulder operation has left him unlikely to be available for selection for the All Stars match on the Gold Coast on February 13.

The 29-year-old said he expects to play a trial for the Titans before the season kicks off but is long odds to play in the All Stars game.

“I’m still pushing and trying to persuade a few people,” Myles said of the All Stars match.

“At the moment I don’t think I’ll be available for the All Stars. I’m still racing the clock. I want to play in it.

“You don’t get these opportunities too often. Injury wise I just have to make sure I’m OK.”

Although he is yet to begin full contact training, Myles has described the Titans’ pre-season as one of the most physical he has ever experienced.

The Titans enforcer is still another two weeks from resuming contact work, making it a long road back since he had his first operation in August which involved re-attaching his bicep.

As a result he was left with a shortened the tendon which altered the mechanics of Myles’ shoulder joint and changed the way his AC joint was functioning, prompting surgery.

“I had to get my left shoulder cleaned up again the week before Christmas,” he explained.

“My AC joint was flared up after that and started functioning differently. It was a bit of a drama and took three or four months to notice it wasn’t going to go away so I had to get it cleaned out.”

Myles is expected to be appointed Titans captain for 2015 after Greg Bird was stripped of his co-captaincy, which he shared with Myles last season, following poor off-field behaviour over the off-season.

Asked whether he ever imagined himself being the leader of a club, Myles is not convinced that Neil Henry will only appoint one leader.

“It was not on my wish list and something I don’t have any say on it,” he said of the captaincy.

“To be honest I don’t know if I will be sole captain, there has been no talk of it from the club.

“Our side is a very young side and we need to make sure we’re getting the most of this pre-season. With Birdy’s return – after all of the circumstances, he has come back fantastic.

“We need to make sure that me and him are earning our keep and be senior players of the team.

“Birdy will be stepping it up a notch as a senior leader.”

He shouldn't play All Stars or 9's ... he owes the club a big 2015 after last year. Carrying injuries and playing-on just doesn't cut it as an excuse ... if you are damaging the team by under-performing then you must step down and get the bloody thing fixed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    He shouldn't play All Stars or 9's ... he owes the club a big 2015 after last year. Carrying injuries and playing-on just doesn't cut it as an excuse ... if you are damaging the team by under-performing then you must step down and get the bloody thing fixed.
    Very true mate , i think we're safe that he won't be playing in the 9's & i would be happy for no Titans players to play in the Racist game.....

No injuries needed before the season proper begins
    #itaintweaktospeak