Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    so true lonegull. it was always carty and the players versus the world. everyone felt protected which is good to a degree, but then the players need to earn that protection and loyalty. many didnt.
    Exactly it was a siege mentality, that even shut out the fans. It was so counter productive.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

LOL...!! This looks like it was cut together for a primary school project!! Henry has trees (birds, insects etc) in the background and O'Dwyer looks like he's standing outside a factory of some sort. Reminds me of old episodes of Russell Coit.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    LOL...!! This looks like it was cut together for a primary school project!! Henry has trees (birds, insects etc) in the background and O'Dwyer looks like he's standing outside a factory of some sort. Reminds me of old episodes of Russell Coit.
    Trying to make Chalky look like he knows what he's talking about
    #itaintweaktospeak

Future bright under Henry, says Bird
    Nick Campton, AAP
    January 18, 2015, 4:13 pm

The Gold Coast Titans have lost more than 800 games of NRL experience as well as their foundation coach at the end of last season, but Greg Bird believes the club is on the cusp of a resurgence.

With representative forwards Ashley Harrison and Luke Bailey retiring and back-rower Mark Minichiello leaving to join Super League club Hull FC, NSW star Bird is now the veteran of a youthful forward pack.

But Bird believes the appointment of Neil Henry, who replaced John Cartwright as coach at the back-end of last season, has breathed new life into the club.

"He's taken his own approach to coaching and it's a different bunch of blokes to what he's used to and what I'm used to," Bird told AAP.

"We've got a lot of youth and not a whole lot of experience so it's going to be a learning curve to see how we go. But there's definitely plenty of talent in the team, that's one thing we're not short of."

The Titans haven't reached the finals since 2010, but Bird believes Henry's record in guiding North Queensland to a top-eight finish in three of his five season in charge is a positive sign for the club.

"Neil's been quite a successful coach really when you look at his semi-final statistics up at the Cowboys," he said.

The NSW lock also predicted a big season for young five-eighth Aidan Sezer, who's recovered from the torn pectoral muscle he sustained last year.

"He (Sezer) missed a fair bit of last season with a pec tear and missed a lot of football and you really saw the decline in our team performance," he said.

"We saw when he came back for a few games at the end of the year, he really changed the way the team played around.

"I think we're a much better team with him in it. The more experience that kid gets, the better he'll be."

Bird is about to begin his sixth campaign with the Titans and feels confident of returning to his best after battling a series of injuries in 2015.

"I want to get myself and my body right and get back to the form I know I'm capable of," he said.

"Last year I was coming off a season where I got player of the year for the Titans and I want to get back to that kind of form."

Junior

Gold Coast Titans’ new coach unlikely to stop the rot

Roar Guru
    By Jay C, 17 Jan 2015Jay C is a Roar Guru

As the youngest club in the NRL, Gold Coast will need some skilful navigation if they are to avert the same disaster as befell its namesake ship.

Finishing the 2014 season in 14th after leading all comers early in the season, the Titans will be asking themselves what went wrong.

Luckily they have recruited a tactically brilliant coach by the name of Neil Henry. But has he inherited enough quality to make any sort of charge? Like an iceberg in the night, I just can’t see it.

Henry obviously didn’t think so, sweeping a broom through the regular first grade side with the likes of Albert Kelly, Maurice Blair, Mark Minichiello and Brad Takairangi moving on. Add to this the retirement of Luke Bailey and Ashley Harrison and the sacking of Paul Carter and one wonders how the Titans will field a team in 2015.

Eddie Pettybourne returning to the NRL from a stint in Wigan should add a bit of muscle and David Hala, if he can stay on the field, has the potential to be an absolute wrecking ball. It’s a big if though.

After a lot of confusion it seems Matt Srama will be staying put, which will give Henry an interesting choice at hooker. Beau Falloon was voted the club’s player of the year in 2014 and young Cloncurry product Kieran Moseley would have been slated for the backup role which will now leave Henry with some decisions to make.

The departure of Kelly means that young Daniel Mortimer will likely get first crack at half back after signing with the club in mid-2014. In partnership with Aidan Sezar the pair will need to combine quickly if the Titans are to be any threat in 2015.

There is almost no backup plan if one of them breaks down. Toyota Cup player of the year Kane Elgey looks the most likely but will need to be brought up to speed very quickly if one of the Titan’s halves suffer a season-ending injury.

The battle for fullback will be as hot as ever on the Gold Coast with newcomer and former New Zealand custodian Josh Hoffman likely to push for selection against David Mead and William Zillman. Personally I rate Hoffman as a great winger with the potential to be a great centre, but unless he drastically improves his passing game he will always struggle at fullback.

The centre spot is anyone’s guess with a number of contenders vying for spots. Brad Tighe, Kalifa Faifai Loa Hoffman, James Roberts, Kevin Gordon and even Anthony Don filled in there for a spell at the back end of last season. Heck, even Dave Taylor has gotten a run in the centres.

The pack is where we will see the biggest changes with Nate Myles, Taylor and Greg Bird the only household names left. While Ryan James, Luke Douglas and Matt White are all capable footballers someone is going to need to step up for the retired Bull Bailey.

Matt Robinson comes in from the Panthers and will be looking to continue his late 2014 form while Ben Ridge will make his comeback from a serious groin injury last year. The biggest question mark remains over whether coach Neil Henry can address the mid-year capitulation of 2014.

Additions
    Josh Hoffman and David Hala (Broncos), Eddie Pettybourne (Wigan), Matt Robinson, Kierran Moseley and Ryan Simpkins (Panthers), Lachlan Burr (Bulldogs).

Losses
    Brad Takairangi and Cody Nelson (Eels), Mark Minichiello, Steve Michaels, Albert Kelly and Maurice Blair (Hull KR), Luke Bailey and Ashley Harrison (retired), Sam Irwin (Featherstone), Paul Carter (sacked).

2014 finish: 14th
    2015 prediction: 15th
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

We will finish higher than 15th. As I said before, I see us finishing top 8 or maybe just missing out. I don't know if that is bias, confidence or a bit of both but I honestly think we have a decent side. The only big losses we have had is Bailey (who was slowing down anyway), Carter and Minichiello (kind of). In their departure we have recruited Pettybourne, Hoffman, Hala and Moseley. We may have lost depth but I feel we have picked up some quality to replace them. I am hoping we prove all these doubters wrong and kill it this season. Up the Titans!

Overall I think we have bought some decent players but I think what I am looking for most is a change in playing style which I hope in turn will allow a number of our players to develop much further and display their talents. I think we will finish much higher than 15th but if we do not then I fear for the future.
    I believe there is enough talent in the club to surprise many. Let's face it, forwards are considered by most to be the players that win you matches and we have three Origin forwards. That should be a very solid base.

Henry keen to see Titans young guns in action
    20th Jan 2015 10:00 AM
    Kevin Farmer

TRIAL matches give coaches the chance to run their eye over potential players and Gold Coast mentor Neil Henry has a handful of talented youngsters he could give an opportunity in next month's NRL trial against the Warriors at Clive Berghofer Stadium.

The Titans take on the Warriors in Toowoomba on February 7 in what will be a busy month of pre-season for the Titans with the Auckland Nines, this trial, the Indigenous All Stars game and a second trial game against the Cowboys.

That schedule could see Henry use some fringe players against the Warriors and he has a few young guns he would love to see make the most of opportunities.

"There are a couple of back-rowers who have come to the club," Henry said on the Titans website.

"I think Matt Robinson played the last dozen games for Penrith.

"Lachlan Burr was an exciting player in the under 20s competition and then stepped out to play NSW Cup. I think he has got a lot of potential.

"There is also Kierran Moseley who played a little bit of NYC for Penrith last season but played the majority of the season under Kevin Kingston.

"I'd like to see Kane Elgey move out of the 20s to full training. He was the NYC Player of the Year and I think he is an exciting player of the future.

"Christian Hazard has got that potential as well ... and guys like James Roberts have only really played a handful of games.

"There is a lot to like about the squad. I think our depth is better this year "

Titans v Warriors
    February 7 at Clive Berghofer Stadium

Tickets available at http://www.ticketbooth.com.au

T4L that is literally just someone writing out what Henry said in a Titans video, with a photo of the squad training last year where half the players in view are no longer with us

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    T4L that is literally just someone writing out what Henry said in a Titans video, with a photo of the squad training last year where half the players in view are no longer with us
    Just posting a Titans related article. A poorly constructed one at that but it's Titans related! hahaha

Interview with LG at emerging Maroons camp

5/8 maybe, halfback certainly

Thats a good interview HS i like the way he comes across without any arrogance, also didn't know he came from soccer & was a late starter to RL but his kicking game spot on which i'm sure comes from his time playing the round ball game.
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 21-01-15 at 10:01 AM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    5/8 maybe, halfback certainly

Thats a good interview HS i like the way he comes across without any arrogance, also didn't know he came from soccer & was a late starter to RL but his kicking game spot on which i'm sure comes from his time playing the round ball game.
    You're not wrong mate, very good kicking game on him. Humble bloke who lets his footy do the talking, wish he got a shot at the 9s but i have no doubt he will be involved in that first trial vs the Warriors