Default Matt Srama with point to prove...

Matt Srama with point to prove after Titans coach Neil Henry asked him to move on

TRAVIS MEYN THE COURIER-MAIL JANUARY 11, 2015 11:00PM

MATT Srama says there’s no lingering animosity between he and the Gold Coast Titans with the hooker declaring he had a point to prove to those who doubted him.

Srama has broken his silence after reneging on a one-year contract with the Sydney Roosters to stay on the Gold Coast.

Srama, who turns 24 on Monday, was signed until the end of 2016 by former coach John Cartwright last year but was told by new coach Neil Henry last November he was free to leave the club.

He sourced a one-season deal with the Roosters who announced the signing just hours before Srama decided he wanted more money from the Titans to leave the Gold Coast.

The Titans refused to increase their severance offer so Srama stayed put and has now set his sights on showing Henry he is a capable NRL player.

When asked if he was hurt when told to a find a new club, Srama said: “Not really. I don’t want to get too much into it.

“It’s nothing to do with anything like that. We’ve all moved on and everyone, especially myself, is happy with the outcome.

“The best scenario’s worked out. I didn’t really want to leave the Titans because they’re such a great club and got such great supporters.

“At the end of the day I’m happy where things are at so it’s good.

“There was options there and that’s footy. I don’t want to delve too deep in things.

“Hopefully the coaching staff have been happy with how I’ve been training and everything’s been put aside.”

Srama burst on to the NRL scene in 2011 but has stalled in the past few years on the back of multiple injuries.

He had a shoulder reconstruction in 2013 which crushed his 2014 season and went under the knife last year to alleviate groin and hip problems.

And with 62 NRL games under his belt, Srama is hoping he can find the type of form this year that had him earmarked as a future Queensland player.

“Every player has something to prove each and every year,” he said.

“You can’t really base yourself on the performances from previous years.

“I just want to get the body right, get back in that NRL team and show some people what I am capable of when the body’s healthy.”

Many questioned Srama’s motives in staying at the Titans with there being a possibility he could spend plenty of time playing for Tweed Heads in the Intrust Super Cup.

His NRL claims have been somewhat strengthened by the sacking of Paul Carter who was a capable dummy-half back-up to first-choice hooker Beau Falloon.

Big things are expected of Penrith recruit Kierran Moseley and Srama said he was hoping he didn’t have to spend too much time in reserve grade.

“Everyone thinks about that. If you’re not playing good footy you’re going to be put back there,” he said.

“Neil’s one of those coaches who will pick the best 17 every week. He’s had chats with everyone about what he’s expecting of us as a team and our goals.

“It should be a good year. It seems pretty positive.”

I think that he will play QCup as he will be behind Falloon and Mossley. I thought that the games that he did play his service out of dummy half was slow and he has lost some pace as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I think that he will play QCup as he will be behind Falloon and Mossley. I thought that the games that he did play his service out of dummy half was slow and he has lost some pace as well.
    You're probably right BT but I also thought as last season went on that Falloon was also slow with his service out of dummy half and very predictable. I was preferring Falloon over Srama initially but now I am not so sure. I am hoping that the coaching changes will improve on that aspect of our game and also hoping that Moseley will become a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You're probably right BT but I also thought as last season went on that Falloon was also slow with his service out of dummy half and very predictable. I was preferring Falloon over Srama initially but now I am not so sure. I am hoping that the coaching changes will improve on that aspect of our game and also hoping that Moseley will become a better option.
    I thought the same about Falloon towards the end of the season. Both Falloon and Srama stand up to pass too much giving the defence extra time to come up.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

These are good tryers but not match-defining players ... I am hoping that we can get someone who can alter a game ... maybe it's Moseley maybe not ... and I repeat, I think we missed the boat with Puara from the Hunters going to Soufs, he has real potential. He's not a Segeyaro but he's got something.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I thought the same about Falloon towards the end of the season. Both Falloon and Srama stand up to pass too much giving the defence extra time to come up.
    Reading this has reminded me of the fact that Falloon was our Best Player of the Year last season ,,,,shows how bad of a year we really had..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Gee Pete, that was a reward for mediocrity.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

it was also BS. Taylor in a canter ahead of TWO WINGERS in Don and Mead, with a good showing from Minichello was how i saw it.

two wingers in the top 3 shows what type of year u had also!