Thread: THANK YOU

Default THANK YOU

As 2014 draws to a close , ( Ive had a gut full of it , just like i had a gut full of John Cartwrights coaching efforts ). I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to the Titans Family , for their thoughts and prayers when I asked for them back in May this year ( please forgive me for taking so long to do this ). Just to refresh peoples memories , My Wife was a Dialysis patient who was also receiving Chemo for Bowel Cancer. She was rushed to Hospital on 18 May this year , Immediately placed on LIFE SUPPORT upon arrival. I was informed by the Doctors she may not make it through the night , but my Wife being the FIGHTER she was did better than that , she In fact fought for 7 days. But in the end despite the efforts from all the Doctors at the Mater Hospital Intensive Care Unit , my Wife could not fight any longer. To me she was my best friend , now I am left to raise our 3 Children on my own. I can only hope 2015 will be a lot better not only for me and my children , but for the GOLD COAST TITANS AS WELL. I may live hundreds of kilometres away , but I will endeavour to get to as many TITANS home games as possible. It was hard renewing my Membership for 2015 , but I knew my Wife would be disappointed if I didn't do it. So with that said , lets bring on 2015 , lets win the 9s and lets make the semis for the first time in 4 years , as well as making Cbus Super Stadium the Fortress we have always wanted it to be. CHEERS TITAN68:

I'm sorry for your loss mate. My condolences to you and your family. But I am very sure your wife would be proud of you and your 3 children have a great role model to look up to.

Really hope the Titans do well next year for all of us but especially you and your family. I'm feeling really confident after the changes in management and coaching.

All the best for your future mate.

Thanks for getting back in touch mate - I was wondering how you were getting on. Obviously Christmas would have been diificult for you but I hope you have a good 2015 and the Titans play their part. Cheers.

QLD Cup

Great to hear from you. We all enter 2015 in hope for better things but your challenges put things in perspective. I hope you get all the help that you need to get your family life as back to normal as possible given the unfortunate circumstances. It's good to get back doing the things your family loves to do. and nothing better than to see the beginnings of a Titans resurgence!

T68, a brave and moving post. Condolences for your loss and all the best for 2015. I am confident in believing that it can only get better from here for you and yours.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Its with mixed emotions I say welcome back T68. Very sorry for your loss, but hoping you can move on to a more positive 2015.

Lets not beata round the bush, I hope youre not hanging all your hopes on a Titan top 4 finish, but lets hope they can give that 8 a good shake and show up for some September football.

If you do plan on coming up for any games next year, give us plenty of notice and I am sure there will be some members on here that will meet with you down at the members bar for a pre-game beer.

All the best for 2015.

I'm sorry to hear about your lovely wife. Heart wrenching. I am sure many of us here have had you and your family in our minds over the last few months. I am glad that you have returned. Whatever we can do for you we will. As C Whiz says if you let us know when you are in town, we'd love to catch up.

Football is an amazing thing. It brings us together. But it also means we can enjoy the theatre and comraderie of the sport that has been enjoyed for over one hundred years. It takes us away from the hardships of life, it's social medicine. I'm glad you are renewing. I believe that clubs should be communities and families.

While my expectations for 2015 aren't huge. I'm satisfied with the changes at the club and I'll be delighted to enjoy an honest season. Hopefully blooding some new players. Getting some healthy home support.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER