Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Paul Carter

Rep Player

2 times in 1 year what an absolute waste of potential. I cannot fathom how hard it is for these guys to just do the right thing. You are a professional football player all you have to do is train, play and keep your nose clean. Why the hell would you risk your playing career TWICE when you could of just called a cab. No sympathy for this D**khead!

That said its not all bad. We may have lost one of our strongest defenders....but we still have....the...(takes of sunglasses) TOTAL PACKAGE! yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

#zillman4lock2015

[QUOTE=JunctionBlock;353437]
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    In hindsight, we shouldn't have cut him, just banished him to QCup while under contract.[/QUOT

Don't mean to be rude, what hindsight?
    Just to clarify, my hindsight from my previous post about this nitwit.

I know this is a divisive subject but I strongly believe that if the NRL won't support the clubs doing the right thing then somebody has to take a stand. Banish him to the bush, fine him and don't let him become another Dugan. It may cost us a bit and I don't care if it's unfair. He totally peed on his team mates and the essence of the contract that the club signed with him … the last person I care about in this is one Paul "P1sshead" Carter.

If he is remorseful then he should have to prove it with us, not somebody else and if he is not then stiff bickies.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Who's going to sign him, considering he has collected two DUI charges in six months? Any employer would have to have rocks in their head to even consider it.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to see whoever that goose will be, once the time does arrive.
    Who'd sign him?? Off the top of my head:

Wests Tigers
    Melbourne Storm
    St George Illawarra Dragons
    Penrith Panthers
    Canberra Raiders

And there would probably be others.

Young players, on only slighty above minimum wage, who will not be lost for rep duty are absolute GOLD. The market for his services will be strong. This is the reason why I believe that the NRL needs to take the lead and refuse to register him for 2015.

BUT...

I am definitely interested by the poster that said we are hypocrites for saying this because a large part of our current and former rosters are built around players who would have been suspended had their discretions happened later. In this case, I'm OK with being a bit hypocritical!!

What I don't get is why we should be punished for his indiscretions. He signed, he stuffed-up and from all reports is a serial offender, so why should we let him off the hook?

Tigers, Dragon 'n Raiders might be interested in him.

But I'd hold some doubts about Belamy taking him on, 'n it'd be a bit odd for Panthers to risk it giving him a shot during their rebuilding stage.

I'm not denying that there'd be some interests in him, but Storm 'n Panthers would be a long shot I'd tend to think.

Gold Coast Titan player Paul Carter pleads guilty to second drink driving offence this year
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN
    DECEMBER 18, 2014 10:24AM

TITANS player Paul Carter has been fined $2600 and had his licence disqualified for three-and-a-half years after he pleaded guilty to drink driving.

The licence disqualification will be added onto the six months from his previous disqualification, meaning he can’t get behind the wheel for four years.

Magistrate Paul Johnstone said if he had hit someone he would have gone to jail and there “wouldn’t be any football career” for him.

Carter was given six months to pay the fine.

Carter was picked up in the early hours of Saturday morning driving in Garfield Terrace in Surfers Paradise and charged with mid-range drink driving.

The 22-year-old was also charged with unlicensed driving after losing his licence earlier this year for another drink driving offence.

The Southport Magistrates Court heard Carter was driving along Garfield Terrace without his headlights on when police attempted to pull him over.

He then tried to overtake a pushbike taxi and veered onto the wrong side of the road before attempting to swap places with his girlfriend.

The car mounted the footpath and collided with a pedestrian crossing sign.

After he was taken to the Broadbeach police station the Titans player blew a blood-alcohol level of .134.

Solicitor Campbell MacCallum said he consumed eight or nine schooners of beer at a tavern before driving home, as his girlfriend needed to use the car in the morning.

He said Carter had ironically completed the Queensland Traffic Offenders Program four days before the incident.

The matter has been stood down so that Carter could obtain documents to show he’d completed the program.

A decision on Carter’s penalty is expected to be handed down within the next few hours.

The Titans held a press conference on Monday to announce their intention to sack Carter but he will have a chance to plead his case on Friday before the board.

Carter, the son of Penrith captain Steve Carter, was named the Titans’ rookie of the year for his performance on the field.

In June he was picked up by police driving the wrong way down a one-way street in Surfers Paradise without his P plates.

He blew an blood alcohol level of 0.193 — more than four times the legal limit.

Carter was fined $18,000 by the NRL and suspended for two games for the offence.

- - - Updated - - -

Lawyer says Gold Coast Titans star Paul Carter to be sacked after second drink-driving conviction
    GREG STOLZ THE COURIER-MAIL
    DECEMBER 18, 2014 3:58PM

GOLD Coast Titans rising star Paul Carter has been banned from the road for four years, fined $2600 and warned he will go straight to jail if he again drives while disqualified.

The embattled Titans suffered another embarrassing blow today when Carter, the NRL club’s Rookie of the Year, pleaded guilty to his second drink-driving charge in six months.

Carter is now set to be sacked, plunging the Titans into more turmoil after Greg Bird was stripped of the co-captaincy for urinating near a police car in Byron Bay and James Roberts was disciplined over another off-field drunken incident.

Carter, the son of Penrith Panthers legend Steve Carter, was Titans Rookie of the Year this year after joining the club from the Canterbury Bulldogs last pre-season.

But his promising NRL career hit the skids in June when he was busted for drink-driving nearly four times over the limit, fined $12,000 by the Titans and suspended for two matches.

He was nabbed again last Saturday for driving through Surfers Paradise without headlights while drunk and under a 12-month disqualification from the previous drink-driving offence.

Southport Magistrates Court was told Carter tried to swap sweats with his girlfriend, while the car was still moving. The vehicle mounted the footpath and hit a pedestrian sign.

He blew .134 per cent.

Prosecutor Danielle Hunt said it was fortunate no-one was hurt.

Defence lawyer Campbell MacCallum said Carter had “panicked” because he knew his $150,000-a-year contract could be torn up.

Mr MacCallum said Carter had a “significant” drinking problem and tendered a report from the Titans club doctor, along with a reference from ex-coach John Cartwright and a “long-term” alcohol treatment plan drawn up by the NRL.

“He is attempting to do all he can to address his problems,” Mr MacCallum said.

He said Carter would front a Titans disciplinary hearing tomorrow to “cop his medicine”.

Carter would be sacked and deregistered by the NRL, Mr MacCallum said.

The lawyer called for a fine, saying Carter would be forced to play rugby league overseas and could not perform community service.

But magistrate Paul Johnstone said Carter still had not paid the hefty fine for his previous drink-driving offence.

“I don’t care whether your client is a star or who he is,” Mr Johnstone told Mr MacCallum.

“Members of the community have been placed at risk by your client’s driving.”

Mr Johnstone fined Carter a total of $2600 and banned him from driving for 42 months, on top of his remaining six months’ disqualification.

The magistrate warned that if Carter again drove while disqualified, “it’ll be straight to prison”.

Carter refused to comment outside court.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Guarantee he wil be done again with in 12 months.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Junior

What a terrible waste, he had the world at his feet. Youth is indeed wasted on the young!
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

The fact that Cartwright was prepared to say what a good bloke this idiot is just shows how tunnel-visioned the Penrith clique in particular and rugby league in general are. I don't see Henry begging for clemency though which is a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    He said Carter would front a Titans disciplinary hearing tomorrow to “cop his medicine”.

Carter would be sacked and deregistered by the NRL, Mr MacCallum said.

The lawyer called for a fine, saying Carter would be forced to play rugby league overseas and could not perform community service.

But magistrate Paul Johnstone said Carter still had not paid the hefty fine for his previous drink-driving offence.

“I don’t care whether your client is a star or who he is,” Mr Johnstone told Mr MacCallum.
    Interesting this Lawyer stated that he would be deregistered from the NRL...
    Had just finished a course after his last charge and still hasn't paid that fine either......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Mr MacCallum said Carter had a “significant” drinking problem and tendered a report from the Titans club doctor, along with a reference from ex-coach John Cartwright and a “long-term” alcohol treatment plan drawn up by the NRL.
    Treatment plan was drawn up by NRL? So he may get a heavier punishment than what the club gives him..

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=karnage;353509]I am definitely interested by the poster that said we are hypocrites for saying this because a large part of our current and former rosters are built around players who would have been suspended had their discretions happened later./QUOTE]

Yes but most clubs have been at this for some time and it is time for the league to step in and make a stand that this sort of stuff is not acceptable.

Totally agree Ozy … I am amazed at the number of people ready to go to bat for this bloke … and the escape of going to France is just ridiculous. He will never have any chance at straightening-up if there is always someone ready to bail him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The fact that Cartwright was prepared to say what a good bloke this idiot is just shows how tunnel-visioned the Penrith clique in particular and rugby league in general are. I don't see Henry begging for clemency though which is a very good thing.
    Good to see what a great help the reference from carty was- not. Carty should get done for wasting the courts time.

lol MT, he should get done for wasting our time … how many hours of debates have been wasted on here about him and his ways?

Paul Carter contract terminated
    Sat 20th December, 10:04AM

The Gold Coast Titans today officially terminated Paul Carter’s contract with the club. Paul was yesterday provided with the opportunity to make submissions to the Gold Coast Titans Board which met to determine the matter. He was accompanied by his manager, a legal representative, and representatives of the Rugby League Players Association.

After considering all relevant information, the Board reaffirmed its proposed sanction to terminate Paul’s contract with immediate effect.

In arriving at this decision the Board wishes to make a number of points very clear;

The Board takes very seriously its responsibility to look after player welfare and notes the significant level of support the club has provided Paul during 2014

The Board has no desire to make Paul’s personal predicament worse than it already is but his personal welfare has to be balanced against the overall best interests of the club and the game

The Board agrees with and supports RLPA submissions that Paul needs independent assistance to get his life in order

The Board acknowledges and appreciates an RLPA offer to initiate and oversee Paul’s rehabilitation program

The Board has specifically indicated and conveyed to Paul that if after undertaking an appropriate rehabilitation program he can demonstrate he has addressed his personal issues, the club is prepared to consider providing him with another opportunity to resurrect his football career at the Titans

The Board imposes this sanction with a heavy heart but sincerely hopes Paul will ultimately benefit from this stance.

The Club has offered Paul on-going counselling and support through the NRL’s welfare program for as long as necessary while he addresses this difficult period in his life.

It is the great desire of our Club that Paul quickly resolves his personal issues and successfully bounces back to reach his undeniable potential as both a player and a person.

The Club will make no further comment in relation to this matter.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Over to you NRL.