Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Paul Carter

In hindsight, we shouldn't have cut him, just banished him to QCup while under contract.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

[QUOTE=Titanic;353430]In hindsight, we shouldn't have cut him, just banished him to QCup while under contract.[/QUOT

Don't mean to be rude, what hindsight? He turned up to training out of shape and now this? If another club signs him then thats their decision. Half our team is made up of sacked players so it's a bit unfair saying he shouldn't be able to be signed elsewhere for a year.

I would be happy for him to go to jail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    I would be happy for him to go to jail.
    I blew .182 in 2001 I got caught parking the car in the driveway..... I honestly have not done it again. I learnt my lesson.
    2 times in 6 Months plus driving while disqualified, send him out to the farm for a month.

V[QUOTE=JunctionBlock;353437]
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    In hindsight, we shouldn't have cut him, just banished him to QCup while under contract.[/QUOT

Don't mean to be rude, what hindsight? He turned up to training out of shape and now this? If another club signs him then thats their decision. Half our team is made up of sacked players so it's a bit unfair saying he shouldn't be able to be signed elsewhere for a year.
    Agree. NRL should ban him for at least a year ( if he doesn't go to jail). Put him on the same program and Blake Ferguson.

Simple..... He broke the law again, placed himself and others in danger when he mounted a gutter and tried to evade being caught by trying to swap with his girlfriend while the car was moving.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Carter is not a wasted talent. He will be playing NRL very soon against us.
    Who's going to sign him, considering he has collected two DUI charges in six months? Any employer would have to have rocks in their head to even consider it.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to see whoever that goose will be, once the time does arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Seems like you knew a bit more about him than most of us Teke.

One thing that needs to be learned from this and other recruits is that the club needs to do much better in checking the character of these blokes before signing them. We don't just want good players but we need the right type of person as well and it seems just a bit of checking might have found some info about Carter.
    The Swans had it pretty much right with their no ******** policy. Yes I know they signed a goose or two in later years but the mostly got it right. We need a similar policy here.
    I remember when the titans started forming the team. It was widely reported that we were signing players with a clean image. Matt Rogers, Luke Bailey, Scott Prince, Preston Campbell. All the players we signed for 2007 were players with a clean image. When did we stray from that? And why? We have made a bit of a name for ourselves for "turning bad guys good". Our luck had to run out at some stage. I am a big fan of carter, and believe he will be one of the next big nsw forwards, like gallen and bird. But he has to be sacked, no ifs, no buts. Letting him play in the qcup is not the answer in my opinion, that is letting him get paid for no gain. twice in 6 months ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rablin View Post
    I remember when the titans started forming the team. It was widely reported that we were signing players with a clean image. Matt Rogers, Luke Bailey, Scott Prince, Preston Campbell. All the players we signed for 2007 were players with a clean image. When did we stray from that? And why? We have made a bit of a name for ourselves for "turning bad guys good". Our luck had to run out at some stage. I am a big fan of carter, and believe he will be one of the next big nsw forwards, like gallen and bird. But he has to be sacked, no ifs, no buts. Letting him play in the qcup is not the answer in my opinion, that is letting him get paid for no gain. twice in 6 months ffs.
    Chris Walker was not very clean...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Who's going to sign him, considering he has collected two DUI charges in six months? Any employer would have to have rocks in their head to even consider it.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to see whoever that goose will be, once the time does arrive.
    St George signed Josh Dugan, who had zero remorse for his ways at Canberra. He has since played Origin. How did that pan out for the Raiders?

I would have kept Carter on the books & sent him out to play bush footy for six months and work full time.

Perhaps we could have fined him his 2015 salary and made him play elsewhere and earn a wage to support himself. That way he can't play for anyone else.

I think cutting him immediately sends out a strong message; to fans, sponsors and teammates.

It might've be better in some ways for the club to force him to play QLD Cup for the remainder of his contract but the decision would look compromised. It'd seem like we were afraid, which we can't be because no one person is bigger than the club. They showed that with Bird's punishment.

I just hope he learns a lesson. He is young and everyone ****s up. Getting fired over this will hopefully be a kick up the **** he needs.

edit: Hah, nearly a decade on here and never realised the forum had a censor

Really starting to wonder if this is the Gold Coast Rehab Centre stigma coming back to bite us...
    It had to happen sooner or later
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    In hindsight, we shouldn't have cut him, just banished him to QCup while under contract.
    The problem with that would be money from the salary cap wasted on someone playing qcup, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Chris Walker was not very clean...
    Laffranchi didn't exactly have the cleanest image in 2007 either

i initially thoguht the same. if he is going to play elsewhere, then we might as well sit him out for the year, put him through an extensive alcohol course and reap the benefit...

but i just cant get over the disrepect shown to his team mates and the organization.

he gotta go.

QLD Cup

I just heard! IDIOT!! Let's get back to signing players that can be respected.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Perhaps we could have fined him his 2015 salary and made him play elsewhere and earn a wage to support himself. That way he can't play for anyone else.
    Not a bad idea but I think the players agreement has a limit on how much they can be fined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    He had to go doing a stupid thing like that. But now no doubt the NRL will let him play for someone else so it is a pointless exercise.
    Hopefully the NRL have the message now and they will not register him for 2015. That way if he shows he has cleaned up his act then we could sign him back up after 2015 if we want to.
    But any day now I can feel the depression card or personal problems card will be presented. Stiff.