Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Zilly the iron man

Zilly the iron man

Following Dan Ferris' tribute into William Zillman's exceptional training records, the Titans fullback gives fans and young players an insight into his training attitude.

#iwillneverwalkaway

Can't bring myself to look at the video but when I saw Zilly in the title my immediate thought was that the Broncos need a fullback.

Interesting Zilly says "I am the team's fullback" and Titans keep saying "Titans FULLBACK Will Zillman". Is it just because he was last year or could he possibly still be the fullback come round 1? Cant see Hoffman being too happy about that. Surely he wont be our 2015 fullback...will he?
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I'll bet he never hears "pass me the ball Zilly".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I said I wouldn't say any more about the Titans FB spot and just let the players sort it out in the trials. But as for the Broncos FB I can see Zilly slotting straight into Boyd's place. I don't like to see players injured but is it just a bit of karma that Boyd took off from Newcastle before his contract was up (yes I know he was released), got over his depression in the Greek Islands.......and now is out for the year and the Broncs have to pay his contract.
    Probably hijacking the thread I know but I am over talking Zilly.

Hahaha he's not going to the Broncos boys, he's staying here. We can't afford to pay out 3 years of a contract.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Hahaha he's not going to the Broncos boys, he's staying here. We can't afford to pay out 3 years of a contract.
    Yeah I know he is going nowhere - thanks to a very fat year contract given to him by the previous imposters. Such is life.

I am actually interested though to see if Zillman improves under Henry. I just don't know how he went from being one of our best a few years ago when he got here to our consistent worst in the last couple of years. Unlike others, I am going to give him a chance in 2015 before judging Henry if he is selected in the team. He may not improve but I am willing to see. HOWEVER THERE SHOULD BE NO FAVORITISM FOR SPOTS. HE SHOULD BE DROPPED IF HE DOES NOT PERFORM. Expecting several dislikes soon.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Zillman has two physical issues that can't be coached out: his lower back inflexibility means he can't twist and he shovel-passes ... both of these problems are most likely due to the weights regimen he has put himself through to get over his previous injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Interesting Zilly says "I am the team's fullback" and Titans keep saying "Titans FULLBACK Will Zillman". Is it just because he was last year or could he possibly still be the fullback come round 1? Cant see Hoffman being too happy about that. Surely he wont be our 2015 fullback...will he?
    Henry is the man and u shouldn't question his decision if Zilly is fb. That sound familiar
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The fact that Zillman may have a heart as big as Phar Lap's offers me very little comfort given he seems to have the footy nous of a gnat.

As for T4L's suggestion he was once of our best, I don't remember it. The only particularly decent game I remember him playing was the 2010 final against the Warriors - and it didn't surprise me in the least when he followed it up with a clanger-ridden performance against the Roosters. Given the length of Zillman's contract, I hope Henry can produce some improvement in him, but I think it will take a minor footy miracle!
    Last edited by Numbers; 05-12-14 at 10:11 PM.

i think in regards to calling him titans fullback, its a modern sports thing to name someone in there main position even if they are second or third string, especially since hes played there for 5 years or whatever.

Reports about Srama all say titans hooker, even though Falloon had the hooking role mostly. and that was in articles saying he is leaving.

It doesnt bother me too much, however the PR offensive does. We all know he is a good trainer, big deal. fitness doesnt equate to game nous or ability.

Yes DB it's sickening to hear such platitudes of insincerity ... I couldn't agree more "big bloody deal" ... that's just like referring to George Rose as a potential winger because he can eat more pies than Artie Beetson could. ... completely irrelevant.

All 3 are training at fullback atm but DM won't lose any sleep if he doesn't get the gig. He just wants to be out there somewhere.

I think you are all missing the point...

Cartwright has headed off a bidding war for an off-contract Zillman.