Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    He is wearing the 18 in my team.
    He would wear no number in my team. Just a green shirt and carrying water bottles;-)
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    He is wearing the 18 in my team.
    If he is the 18th man that means he warms up with the team and might play if someone breaks down in the warm up. I assume you mean he is wearing the 18 for Tweed or Burleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    If he is the 18th man that means he warms up with the team and might play if someone breaks down in the warm up. I assume you mean he is wearing the 18 for Tweed or Burleigh.
    Didn't think of that one MT...Just put another digit in front of my number.

Zillman doesn't a get a jersey in my 17 and I think we should get real about Hoffman too … he is an established NRL-level player but Greg Inglis he is not and he won't change too much as far as our overall team performance is concerned. Henry, Moseley and Elgey are the guys that could make a difference otherwise it's a year of rebuilding.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Zillman doesn't a get a jersey in my 17 and I think we should get real about Hoffman too … he is an established NRL-level player but Greg Inglis he is not and he won't change too much as far as our overall team performance is concerned. Henry, Moseley and Elgey are the guys that could make a difference otherwise it's a year of rebuilding.
    Every player needs to play their part next year. But I do disagree with something. You say a proven NRL player in Hoffman is not an important player to our team but Elgey and Moseley (who have both played no/hardly first grade) are. That is silly talk. I believe Hoffman is a crucial part of our team for years to come. Don't get me wrong I like Elgey and Moseley but for people to say that they are the only players that will make a difference next year is stupid. Some on here talk them up as if they will suddenly makes up top 4 premiership contenders. Every single person in our squad is needed for a good year not just those two kids you mentioned. Henry, Matterson, Smith, Hoffman, Elgey, Moseley and every part of our team are all crucial parts.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I won't be surprised to see Elgey and Moss the boss quite early in the season. If the Titans are going to get anywhere near top 8 it will be because of them
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I won't be surprised to see Elgey and Moss the boss quite early in the season. If the Titans are going to get anywhere near top 8 it will be because of them
    No they will not be the reason we make the 8. Sure they will play a role but you'd be stupid to suggest that two unproven young players will turn us around. I have no doubts they will kill it but for us to make the finals we need the whole team to step up not just individual players.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    No they will not be the reason we make the 8. Sure they will play a role but you'd be stupid to suggest that two unproven young players will turn us around. I have no doubts they will kill it but for us to make the finals we need the whole team to step up not just individual players.
    the whole team stepping goes without saying.

We will see how stupid I look about these 2 unproven players next yr
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I really hope Elgey and Moss the boss star next year but let's face it - Elgey starred in a competition playing against boys not men. And the team he played in were generally appalling, although I will have an each way bet and say that some great players have been the U20 player of the year. In regard to Mosely, remember Penrith have one good hooker (Segeyaro) and signed another from Souths so they must have had doubts about Moseley.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope these guys are the future but for a couple of years now I have seen people on here fap on about juniors/young blokes we have such as James, Rankin, Sezer etc and overall they have not set the world on fire.
    As usual my caveat is that hopefully it was Carty not bringing these guys on. Time will tell.
    For all that I am excited about the new season and I am sure a couple of the new blokes will make names for themselves, but for me the jury is out on all of them.

I really hope Elgey and Moss the boss star next year but let's face it - Elgey starred in a competition playing against boys not men. And the team he played in were generally appalling, although I will have an each way bet and say that some great players have been the U20 player of the year. In regard to Mosely, remember Penrith have one good hooker (Segeyaro) and signed another from Souths so they must have had doubts about Moseley.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope these guys are the future but for a couple of years now I have seen people on here fap on about juniors/young blokes we have such as James, Rankin, Sezer etc and overall they have not set the world on fire.
    As usual my caveat is that hopefully it was Carty not bringing these guys on. Time will tell.
    For all that I am excited about the new season and I am sure a couple of the new blokes will make names for themselves, but for me the jury is out on all of them.
    i have not fap'd on about any jnr apart from Mead and now Elgey.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    i have not fap'd on about any jnr apart from Mead and now Elgey.
    There are other contributors on here other than you. And besides there is nothing wrong with people wrapping blokes they think have a future. I just prefer to reserve judgement until a bloke has at least killed em in QCup.
    As for Mead, I agree with you although I believe wing is his best spot. But I can see why others have a different view.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 30-11-14 at 10:18 PM.

There are other contributors on here other than you. And besides there is nothing wrong with people wrapping blokes they think have a future. I just prefer to reserve judgement until a bloke has at least killed em in QCup.
    As for Mead, I agree with you although I believe wing is his best spot. But I can see why others have a different view.
    It wont take long for those sitting on the fence to see the breath of fresh cooling air LG will bring and there is no debate which position Mead's best is.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Every player needs to play their part next year. But I do disagree with something. You say a proven NRL player in Hoffman is not an important player to our team but Elgey and Moseley (who have both played no/hardly first grade) are. That is silly talk.
    Before you get too excited, T4L, I suggest you read my posting closely which you have quoted. I posted could make a difference. I said Hoffman did not set the Broncos alight which is a fact, so he is not a savior just another recruit. I totally agree the kids are untested and so could make a difference is speculation, not a statement of expectation. You are entitled to disagree but I doubt my opinion is any sillier than yours.

Unlike everybody else on the Forum I am not as confident of a higher finish than 13th next year although I have posted many times I won't be disappointed as long as we blood some youth. I feel this way because the same cattle you are referring to have a lot to prove and I'll post it again 'the recruits we have are hardly world beaters at this point in time'.
    Last edited by Titanic; 01-12-14 at 02:05 AM.

Before you get too excited, T4L, I suggest you read my posting closely which you have quoted. I posted could make a difference. I said Hoffman did not set the Broncos alight which is a fact, so he is not a savior just another recruit. I totally agree the kids are untested and so could make a difference is speculation, not a statement of expectation. You are entitled to disagree but I doubt my opinion is any sillier than yours.

Unlike everybody else on the Forum I am not as confident of a higher finish than 13th next year although I have posted many times I won't be disappointed as long as we blood some youth. I feel this way because the same cattle you are referring to have a lot to prove and I'll post it again 'the recruits we have are hardly world beaters at this point in time'.
    Ok fair enough, I should have read what you posted properly.

Sure Hoffman has not set the world alight during his career but he is a very good player. Here are some stats from 2013:

There can be little doubt about the quality of Hoffman's running game. He made more tackle breaks than any other player in the NRL in the 2013 regular season (a bragging right that was Barba's the year before). He can also do the job in defence, ranking third in the league for try saves last season.

Hoffman crossed for 15 tries in 2012 – seven more than any other Bronco – while also leading the club for line breaks and ranking second (behind Kangaroos workhorse Corey Parker) for metres gained.

I believe Hoffman is a crucial part of our team and is one of the best signings we have ever made. I just can't see the logic of some people picking Mead over Hoffman at FB. There is no doubting Mead is a great fullback and showed he belongs there but Hoffman is the better player.

With the squad we have for next year I think we will finish 10-13. However there is every chance we can sneak into the 8 (I don't think it will happen) if injuries do not occur and players step up.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

For what it's worth, I have previously posted my anticipated team and it includes Hoffman at FB and Mead on the wing and I point out that Hoffman's best seasons were 2012-13 which puts him in exactly the same category as our senior underachievers which means he also has a lot to prove ... I hope he does just as I hope the kids excel too.