Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Totally agree MT ... he should have chanced his hand with us after all we looked after him and paid him while he was injured ... if he gets injured at the Roosters they'll discard him like used toilet paper.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Id be happy to see matt stay im a big fan but what was the initial blow up about any insid word?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Very sad to see him go, hope he thrives at the Roosters.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Id be happy to see matt stay im a big fan but what was the initial blow up about any insid word?
    Can someone link me to where this apparent "blow up" was reported?

Because at the moment I'm pretty sure it's all rubbish

I'd blow up too if ppl thought Falloon was ahead of him
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Can someone link me to where this apparent "blow up" was reported?

Because at the moment I'm pretty sure it's all rubbish
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1227131068769
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

I dont see anything beyond the contract dispute? What I meant is the blow up srama and henry apparently had which is apparently why srama was told to look elsewhere.. which is completely normal in professional sport.

Ive seen on a few forums that they had a blow up in week 1 of training, which has nothing to do with the current contract dispute. However im fairly certain someone made that up on zerotackle

@travismeyn: Matt Srama is training with the Titans as doubts continue over move to Roosters. #nrl
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Can't have been too much of a falling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Can't have been too much of a falling out.
    My thoughts exactly

Gold Coast Titans hooker Matt Srama is set to backflip on a deal with the Sydney Roosters and stay on the Coast
    TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN
    NOVEMBER 26, 2014 8:51AM

MATT Srama’s move to the Roosters is in serious jeopardy with the unwanted Titans hooker a chance of seeing out his contract on the Gold Coast.

The 23-year-old rake last week agreed to terms with the Roosters on a one-year deal for the 2015 season after being told he was free to leave the Titans by coach Neil Henry.

Srama told his Titans teammates he was leaving and the Roosters announced the signing last Thursday but he spectacularly backflipped soon after and is now demanding the Titans honour the second season of a two-year contract believed to be worth $200,000.

It doesn’t make sense for the Titans to pay out the entire value of Srama’s second year given it will be included in the club’s 2016 salary cap and would effectively be dead money.

Srama was a surprise participant at training this week and it’s now growing increasingly likely he will stay on the Gold Coast unless another club shows interest.

Roosters chief operating of footballer Brian Canavan said Sydney’s offer was for only 2015 and Srama would have to reach an agreement with the Titans in regards to 2016 if he is to take up the offer.

“We’d love to have him at the club for 2015 but we’re aware there’s an issue he has to resolve with the Titans for 2016,” Canavan said.

“There’s no deadline for us but we’d like it resolved as soon as possible because we’re underway with training like the Titans are too.

“We’re very keen to have him in here because he’s highly-rated on and off the field.”

Titans CEO Graham Annesley said the club would honour its two-year contract with Srama unless he found another deal.

“Nothing has changed from our point of view in that Matt has been provided with the opportunity to look for another club by our coach Neil Henry,” he said.

“However, until he accepts an alternate offer he remains contracted to us and the terms and conditions of his contract will of course be honoured.

“The Roosters, and the Titans, thought a deal had been agreed last week but Matt ultimately decided not to sign.

“You would have to ask the Roosters, Matt or his manager where negotiations currently stand.

“In the meantime he will continue to train with our squad as a contracted player.”

If Srama digs his feet in and stays it’s possible he could be relegated to the Intrust Super Cup for two years.

Henry informed Srama he had fallen back in the pecking order of dummy-half options which includes Beau Falloon, Paul Carter, Daniel Mortimer and Penrith recruit Kierran Moseley.

Mortimer, who left the Roosters midyear to join the Titans, said the 2013 premiers would be an ideal fit for Srama given star rake Jake Friend is set to miss the start of the season because of shoulder surgery.

“There’s a great opportunity there. Jake Friend’s done his shoulder and I don’t think he’ll start the season so there’s a great opportunity there for Srams,” he said.

“I left the Roosters on great terms and honestly can’t say a bad word about the club.

“They’ve been great to me and Trent Robinson is right up there with the best rugby league coaches I’ve seen.

“He’ll learn a lot at that club and especially under Trent Robinson.”
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 26-11-14 at 08:39 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I don't know how you would do it so someone else can figure it out but in situations like this there should be a 'loan' system. (not similar to EPL as that is totally different) If Titans have too many hookers and Roosters are short of hookers then Titans can loan Matt for 'X' amount of games. Roosters pay for this privilege. Some downsides are 1/ The player may feel like he is being used (which he is) 2/ Friend gets over his injury so Matt becomes unwanted and returns to Titans (Qld Cup?) 3/ Titans suffer hooker injuries and demand Matt back.

These are only my thoughts and I am sure the smart ones out there will find many flaws. Such as salary cap issues etc....

The arguments against "loaning" are the fear that the loaned player scores the winning try against us in the GF and the penchant for clubs to hoard talent ... I like the idea of loaning but only for an entire season or the rest of a season not too-ing and fro-ing.

Srama, along with Don, should be amongst the first picked each week. None of this 40 minute rubbish either. The guy will play Origin in years to come. He IS that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Srama, along with Don, should be amongst the first picked each week. None of this 40 minute rubbish either. The guy will play Origin in years to come. He IS that good.
    Srama may improve a lot with some decent coaching and then be in the running but right now he's way back in the queue behind Smith, Friend, Segeyaro, McCullough, Glanville and dare I say it, quite likely Moseley.