Thread: The Salary Cap

Default The Salary Cap

I thought every club has the same Salary cap but I guess some clubs have smarter accountants than others with the Broncos obviously having the best of the lot.....
    #itaintweaktospeak

Broncos will always kill everyone with their third party deals... It isnt a level playing field. :/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Also Parker, Hodges and Thiaday will all have Cap concessions for the amount of years that they have been at the Broncos!!!!! Also agree that they would have a huge amount of TPA that they would have access to.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I think the trick is to not cooperate with the auditors, sack anyone who could compromise an investigation and send him on an overseas holiday, deny access to financial records of contributing leagues club, and having the monopoly of QLD media as owners helps to avoid the associated exposure and negative press. Did I miss anything?
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I think the trick is to not cooperate with the auditors, sack anyone who could compromise an investigation and send him on an overseas holiday, deny access to financial records of contributing leagues club, and having the monopoly of QLD media as owners helps to avoid the associated exposure and negative press. Did I miss anything?
    No I think you covered it all, very well in fact. Are that group of people (used to be called the Thoroughbreds or something like that) still around that can pay supposed third party deals and allow the Broncos to have players put into the cap at much less than market value.

It could be coincidence, but I noticed the Broncos long lived ability to sign big names like Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith and Craig Bellemy - seemed to crash about the same time Ken Talbots plane crashed in West Africa. Uncle Ken was the (Thoroughbred) bloke who gave evidence in the Gordon Nuttel case where he told the court how he often gave away money for free, our Qld polly and Wayne Bennett among the beneficiaries!

"Money for nothing, cheques for free" was one of the prosecutions quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    No I think you covered it all, very well in fact. Are that group of people (used to be called the Thoroughbreds or something like that) still around that can pay supposed third party deals and allow the Broncos to have players put into the cap at much less than market value.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....