Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Would have to be Burlieghs most embarrassing moment in RL history
    #itaintweaktospeak

Immortal

26 all draw for Burleigh, Colts their still undefeated but a tough struggle, Sam Ross with his debut and three goals, Mitch Doring with a double

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    26 all draw for Burleigh, Colts their still undefeated but a tough struggle, Sam Ross with his debut and three goals, Mitch Doring with a double
    I'm guessing they would've been missing a few players this week but it will give them a bit of a kick up the butt as they may be thinking they are invincible this season
    #itaintweaktospeak

Highlights: Rd17 Bears V Blackhawks
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior

19 year Olds Talor Walters, Sam Swift and Jenan Parrish will make their debut this weekend for Burleigh in QCup

Is christian hazzard hurt?
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Is christian hazzard hurt?
    yep foot surgery next week

Immortal

The Schwass boys were solid in the two point Burleigh win, with Hayden scoring a try and Daniel setting up one

I think Hayden was close to man of the match ,scored a good try, try assist & saved a certain try.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Three tries from the Schwass brothers were not enough to help Burleigh to an upset win over the PNG Hunters, going down 44-24 in Port Moresby on Sunday.

With the Hunters holding an imposing home ground record, it was always going to be a tough ask for the visiting Bears side. PNG showed why they are sitting second on the ladder, running in the first three tries of the game to take an early 16-0 lead. Burleigh didn’t roll over, bouncing back with two tries in ten minutes before the Hunters scored again just before half-time to go into the break with a 20-12 lead.

Young Titans playmaker Daniel Schwass, in his second game for the Bears after impressing in the Gold Training under-20s side this season, said the Bears paid the price for a slow start, having to claw their way back in front of a big home crowd.

“We started the game slow and gave them too much ball and they capitlised on that,” Schwass said.

“They got out to a 16-0 lead, but we fought back to 16-12 until they scored right on half-time which was disappointing.”

In a replica of the first half, PNG came out and scored the first three tries of the second 40 minutes, only for the Bears to quickly reply with two converted tries of the their own to bring the margin to just 14 points. The Hunters put the game to bed in the 76th minute when Timothy Lomai crossed to finish the game at 44-24.

With a big home crowd and a unique playing style, Schwass said it was a tough trip but a great experience.

“They scored in patches where they had 10 minute periods of dominating us, but we didn’t just roll over,” he said.

“They play up the middle and out wide, they can do it all. It’s a different style and hard to defend against because they are a quality side. It’s a great atmosphere up there though with a big crowd, it was a great experience even though we didn’t get the win.”

Having recently stepped up from the under-20s to Intrust Super Cup, Schwass said he enjoyed testing himself against in the bigger bodies, with Daniel and his twin brother Hayden accounting for three of the Bears’ four tries.

“I like playing for Burleigh, it’s a step up from under-20s and a lot tougher playing against men, but it’s a good challenge and one that I enjoy,” he said.

“I put a kick through for our other half, and then somehow the ball bounced my way again and I was just lucky to be in the right spot so I just picked it up and pinned the ears back. It was nice to score a try at that level, Hayden got two as well so that was good.”

Kevin Gordon and Jamie Dowling both played in the loss, combining out wide for the full 80 minutes.

Tweed Heads finished their season on a good note, running out comprehensive 40-22 winners over Norths Devils at Bishop Park on Sunday.

It was the first 40 minutes that set up the win, the Seagulls running out to a 28-6 half-time lead to make a second-half Devils comeback highly unlikely. It was an impressive team performance by Tweed Heads with seven players scoring tries the line in their final game of the year, including Titans back-rower Jai Ingram.

The Devils bounced back in the second half, scoring back-to-back tries with Bronco Dale Copley involved in both. The Seagulls quickly responded with two tries of their own, taking them out to a 40-16 lead to put the game to bed.

Titans winger Leva Li was dangerous on his wing, while playmaker Jamal Fogarty had a hand in numerous tries, causing plenty of headaches for the Norths defence, and scored six goals. Youngster Tevita Folau was lively off the bench, providing some strong carries for the Seagulls.

The win has the Seagulls finish in tenth position for season 2015, giving coach Aaron Zimmerle plenty of optimism heading into next year.

“I’m a little bit excited,” he said. “Will Budgen is 21, Sam Meskell and Sam Saville are 23. We’ve got a few 20 and 21 year-olds. We’ve got veterans like James Wood and Nat Barnes who’ve hinted they’ll go around again.”

TWEED HEADS SEAGULLS 40 (Ali Grant, James Wood, Shaun Carney, Jai Ingram, Sam Saville, Ricardo Parata, Shane Gillham tries; Jamal Fogarty 6 goals) def NORTHS DEVILS 22 (Michael Lucas 2, Rogan Dean, Matt Mizzi tries; Liam Tyson 3 goals) at Bishop Park.

Tweed Heads Seagulls: 1. Ali Grant 2. Nathanael Barnes 3. James Wood (c) 4. Shaun Carney 5. Leva Li 6. Jamal Fogarty 7. Sam Foster 8. Will Bugden 9. Sam Meskell 18. Jarrod Morfett 11. Jai Ingram 12. Blake Anderson 13. Sam Saville 14. Ricardo Parata 15. Shane Gillham 16. Dane Clarke 17. Tevita Folau

PNG HUNTERS 44 (Stargoth Amean 2, Israel Eliab 2, Noel Zeming, Thompson Teteh, Adex Wera, Esau Siune tries; Noel Zeming 6 goals) def BURLEIGH BEARS 24 (Hayden Schwass 2, Waka Wanahai, Daniel Schwass tries; Kevin Gordon 4 goals) at Sir John Guise Stadium, Port Moresby.

Burleigh Bears:

1. Talor Walters 2. Kevin Gordon 4. Connor Broadhurst 5. Waka Wanahi 6. Daniel Schwass 7. Ryley Jacks 8. Jake Hughes 9. Tom Rowles 10. Pele Peletelese 11. Jamie Dowling 12. Hayden Schwass 13. Darren Griffiths (c) 14. Nafe Seluini 15. Sam Swift 16. Mitch Sharp 17. Tyler Sparkes.

Burleigh Colts take on Wynum this afternoon at Pizzey Park 3pm for those interested. A number of contracted NYC players on show and also local GC Juniors

Immortal

Unfortunately Burleigh Colts went down 28-26

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Unfortunately Burleigh Colts went down 28-26
    Bad time to have your 1st loss of the year
    #itaintweaktospeak

Junior

I guess better to lose that one than the big one. If they get another shot?

I watched some of the game and Burleigh made a lot of unforced errors to start game. Simple drop balls and kicking out on full etc. Inexpected better from that side especially with the side they had out there.

Who have been the stars for this colts side this season? They have to overcome norths at Wynnum on Sunday.