Default The Titans have signed rising star Kierran Moseley on a two-year deal

The Titans have signed rising star Kierran Moseley on a two-year deal

PETER BADEL
    THE COURIER-MAIL
    NOVEMBER 17, 2014 11:00PM

THE Titans have secured one of the NRL's hottest young prospects with boom Queensland under-20s hooker Kierran Moseley signing a two-year deal at the Gold Coast.

Queensland legend Kevin Walters, who coached Moseley in the Maroons' junior Origin side this year, rates the 20-year-old among the code's most exciting talents.

Moseley hails from Cloncurry, the northwest Queensland town where temperatures reach 50C, and his red-hot form in 2014 sparked a bidding war for his services.

Penrith had been keen to retain the indigenous rake, but Moseley faced being the third-string option behind James Segeyaro and new Souths recruit Apisai Koroisau who helped deliver the Rabbitohs a grand final win.

The former Australian Schoolboys star signed a two-year deal with the Titans on Monday and Walters is confident Moseley is destined for NRL stardom.

“Kierran has all the necessary skills to be an NRL player, it's now up to him to succeed,” Walters said.

“He's still developing his game but I've coached him in the Queensland under-20s and he has the attributes to be a good dummy-half. It's just about working on his game.

“He played well in this year's under-20s Origin game. He was just starting to play a few NSW Cup games when we picked him and he had a very good back-end of the year.”

Moseley said he was keen to join the Titans for a better chance at immediate NRL action and the opportunity to reunite with former teammate James Roberts and fellow recruits from the Panthers Ryan Simpkins and Matt Robinson.

“I’m thankful for Penrith letting me head back to Queensland to look for an opportunity to play in the NRL and I want to make the most of it,” Moseley said.

“It will be great to link up against with (assistant coach) Rohan Smith who was Garth Brennan’s assistant when we won the 20s competition in 2012 and also James Roberts. To have Ryan Simpkins and Matt Robinson, who I played with this year at the Panthers, here too will hopefully help me settle in.”

Moseley previously attracted interest from the Cowboys after moving to Townsville in 2010 to be a part of Kirwan State High's rugby league excellence program.

A nuggety rake standing 180cm and weighing 83kg, Moseley played one NRL game for Penrith last season and has the talent to unseat Titans hooker Beau Falloon, who won the club’s player of the year award in 2014.

“He's got a nice skill set,” Walters said.

“His defence is good and he's quite handy with the ball as well. I think he will enjoy working with a coach like Neil Henry and hopefully he can develop further with a Queensland club.

“He's very sharp out of dummy half and he likes to run the ball.

“It's too early to say whether he can take the next step and play State of Origin, but he has enough ability to break into the NRL and where he goes from there is up to him.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227126167022

Very happy that the worst kept secret is out & i'm excited to see what he can do with the Titans but why do they even mention State of Origin when talking about a kid who needs to worry about playing 1st grade... but good luck Kierran
    #itaintweaktospeak

He is an 80 minute player and let's just hope that we use our bench more intelligently this year ... Moseley at 9 and Carter or Mortimer can run the ruck if he needs a breather ... no more 40 minute hookers, please ... let's get some punch off the bench and blood a young half from there instead.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    He is an 80 minute player and let's just hope that we use our bench more intelligently this year ... Moseley at 9 and Carter or Mortimer can run the ruck if he needs a breather ... no more 40 minute hookers, please ... let's get some punch off the bench and blood a young half from there instead.
    No Falloon? funny how our player of the year will stuggle to make the 17.. He may still be given the 9 because of this.

On a really serious note.......Where to now for Zillman? His strength is tip toeing behind the ruck and then over running the play and taking two plays to get back in the attacking line. Because of this he would wear the 17 in my team. Have him on there for 10 minutes either side of half time and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    On a really serious note.......Where to now for Zillman? His strength is tip toeing behind the ruck and then over running the play and taking two plays to get back in the attacking line. Because of this he would wear the 17 in my team. Have him on there for 10 minutes either side of half time and thats it.
    Lololol.

Sounds like you've described a waterboy, that's where i would have Zilly
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This sounds great, I dont know much about him but Titanic and Titan Pete's excitement is contagious.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post