View Poll Results: Select your predicted 2015 finish and post your expectations from the club as a whole

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Finish 1-4

0 0%
  • Finish 5-8

11 36.67%
  • Finish 9-12

18 60.00%
  • Finish 13-16

1 3.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I didnt even reply to this. But Im pretty sure I thought about 12th.

Looking back, 2015 was such a wild ride. But we got through it. And I'm happy that the club has sorted out some major major issues. Ownership.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I voted 9-12 as well hopefully at the higher end simply because there is a lot of restructuring in other teams.
    I'll be happy if the team:
    Keeps a fighting spirit and puts in every week for 80 minutes
    Learns how to put the other team to the sword on the days the opposition is off the pace.
    Score trys from structured plays (not rely on flukes, intercepts and other teams dropped balls).
    Some future stars start to emerge.
    At least one "hoped for" came about with LGs emergence. and there was some actual attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Well just read back through this thread and only one person who voted got it right........Not me.
    Interesting to read some of the predictions for the top eight too.
    That's me alright and here is what I expected:

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    And to get the ball rolling ... I voted 13-16 and am not going to be disappointed if that's where we end up for the following reasons:

1. We look very average at 1, 6, 7 and 9 (there will be fierce competition for the spots but the choices we have are hardly world shattering).

At #1, Zillmana and Hoffman swapped until Timbaa went missing and Mead entered the rotation. At #6 and #7, Zillman, Hoffman and even Taylor were who we backed-up Sezer and Mortimer (yes Mortimer) until Elgey got a shot. At #9, Moseley was backed up by Simpkins until Falloon got back who in turn was backed-up by Moseley and Redman (in 3 years nobody will remember this bloke).

2. We have cleaned out a lot of our roster which means we will be short of combinations.

Half's, both edges and outside backs never developed combinations.

3. We have commenced a youth policy and we will be short of experience.

Elgey, Moseley, Paasi, Burr, Macdonald, Peteru, Li, Redman and even Roberts are all novices to some extent.

4. We have a new coaching team and with change will come some level of settling down.

Crystal ball material here? Not at all, what we saw was what we got.

5. We have changed training venues (see point 4).

Got even worse when TSS threw us out.

6. The clean-out will also have unsettled the leadership group.

Smart **** that I am was proven so right by our leadership group of "Don't raise a sweat" Myles, "Never to be seen again" Zillman and "The most suspended player ever" Bird all shone for their lack of game time.

7. The majority of other clubs have not been so destabilised.

Nearly got pipped here by the Tigers and the Knights but picking 13-16 and an Elgey masterclass saved me.

In summary, my points are not meant to be in the negative, just an appraisal of our current situation ... I hope we kick ar$e but am being realistic.
    Well we didn't kick ar$e but I am now, as I was then, not suicidal about the result yet I expect a whole lot more next year. And you read it here first ... we will not make the finals next year but will finish about the same although we will enjoy the year a lot more.
    Last edited by Titanic; 10-09-15 at 01:50 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

On the field the end result was disappointing. I was hoping for a little better but injuries hurt us again.
    Off the field though was huge. Having the old regime swept out by the NRL was club saving. Going forward this gives the club security and it gives me confidence that we can turn it around.
    An aside here is that DCE has put a huge hole in the plans and it will take some time to recover from that.

Got even worse when TSS threw us out.
    Damn I forgot about that!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Damn I forgot about that!
    Crikey I thought you never forgot anything
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.