View Poll Results: Select your predicted 2015 finish and post your expectations from the club as a whole

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Finish 1-4

0 0%
  • Finish 5-8

11 36.67%
  • Finish 9-12

18 60.00%
  • Finish 13-16

1 3.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    NRL WOODEN SPOON BETTING
    $4 Raiders
    $5 Dragons
    $5 Tigers
    $6 Eels
    $7 Titans
    $9 Knights
    $15 Sharks
    $34 Warriors
    $51 Cowboys
    $67 Storm
    $81 Sea Eagles
    $101 Broncos
    $101 Bulldogs
    $101 Rabbitohs
    $101 Roosters
    Betfair paints an even bleaker picture. On their market to win the 2015 Premiership we are a relatively distant second last, ahead of only the Raiders.

Bloody Broncos have really fast forwarded their building. They look like a strong top 4/5 team
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Broncos are possibly a top 8 but I can't see them in front of Soufs, Manly, Storm, Dogs, Cows or freakin' Rorters for that matter, with either Panthers or Sharks rounding off the eight.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Broncos are possibly a top 8 but I can't see them in front of Soufs, Manly, Storm, Dogs, Cows or freakin' Rorters for that matter, with either Panthers or Sharks rounding off the eight.
    Geez for a minute I thought you said the Sharks rounding off the eight............hang on you did say that. You might get good odds on that, although if they can keep Lewis on the field they have a chance. That's a big ask though as he is one of the most injury prone players in the NRL.
    Regrettably I think Teke might be right in relation to the Broncos. I see a huge improvement in them and I even wouldn't be surprised if they go pretty close to winning it. I see it as being between them, Souths, Roosters and Cows.

Just on the ponies and the "Bennett factor"
    In 2011 the Knights finished 8th and with Bennett a lot of people tipped them to finish in the top four in 2012 and win a premiership in 2012-2014. They finished 12th. They had a good run in 2013 finishing 7th and falling just short of the grand final. In 2014 they finished 12th.
    The game has changed a lot since he was at the top of the game, plus he had every advantage possible with the ponies in the 90s and early 2000s.
    The ponies will be relying on players like Hunt, Milford and Copley who all had break out years in 2014 (Milford started to come good at the end of 2013) but they're all young blokes that will be studied a lot more than ever before in the off season. Technically none of them can suffer second year syndrome but they can all definitely go through something similar.
    Gillett and McCullough are being figured out by other clubs, Thaiday is past his best and Hodges could easily miss half (or more) of the season.

I can honestly see them finishing outside the 8

I agree with you m23, whether Milford is really an NRL 5/8 is a really huge question and as for the Sharks MT, they have a team on paper that could sneak into the 8 in front of those below them rather than being up with the ones in front of them, imho.

My predicted top 8 for 2015 is:

1. Cowboys
    2. Roosters
    3. Panthers
    4. Bulldogs
    5. Broncos
    6. Rabbits
    7. Sea Eagles
    8. Storm

9. Sharks
    10. Warriors
    11. Titans
    12. Knights
    13. Dragons
    14. Eels
    15. Tigers
    16. Raiders
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    My predicted top 8 for 2015 is:

1. Cowboys
    2. Roosters
    3. Panthers
    4. Bulldogs
    5. Broncos
    6. Rabbits
    7. Sea Eagles
    8. Storm

9. Sharks
    10. Warriors
    11. Titans
    12. Knights
    13. Dragons
    14. Eels
    15. Tigers
    16. Raiders
    Pretty much agree with your top 8 and bottom 8 except for the order. I think the Rabbits will finish higher than 6th and Panthers below 3rd. Of those outside the 8 I think Warriors and Parra will go close and possibly make it, probably at the expense of Manly and Storm.
    When you look at the top 8 you have listed and then consider others such as Parra, Warriors and the Sharks it sobers me up as to the Titans top 8 chances. It's hard to see any of those teams missing out at the Titans expense but I am hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Pretty much agree with your top 8 and bottom 8 except for the order. I think the Rabbits will finish higher than 6th and Panthers below 3rd. Of those outside the 8 I think Warriors and Parra will go close and possibly make it, probably at the expense of Manly and Storm.
    When you look at the top 8 you have listed and then consider others such as Parra, Warriors and the Sharks it sobers me up as to the Titans top 8 chances. It's hard to see any of those teams missing out at the Titans expense but I am hoping.
    I honestly don't think Parramatta will make the 8 or even go close to getting in the finals. Hayne was holding up that team almost single handedly and they will seriously struggle without him.

Sharks may get there but I see them just missing out. They will definitely improve a lot next year but players must step up if they want to make the finals.

Warriors are hot and cold so I really don't know about them. They are a team who when they play good, they are on fire but when they are down on form, they play ****. Depends if Johnson plays consistent for once and also their forwards need to stop being lazy.

I think we have a fairly good chance to make the finals next year. A team with Myles, Bird, Taylor, Hoffman and Mead could be dangerous but we need the whole team to step up. However I think we will finish 9-13 and I won't be disappointed with that because I realise we are in a rebuilding phase.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

All good points and summary above, like others I would like to see us +60% at home. As important to me is a club improvement with crowds and the performance of the u20's. I'm encouraged by the last few months and hopefully we are well on the way to having a club with soul.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Bloody Broncos have really fast forwarded their building. They look like a strong top 4/5 team
    Boyd out for the season having done his achilles. Milford to FB you'd imagine.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    Boyd out for the season having done his achilles. Milford to FB you'd imagine.
    They do have the Pommie and Hodges too but if Milford goes back they are without a 5/8 and will have to look to their younger brigade ... interesting times ahead for Bennett and I wonder what the bookies are saying now.

Hold the phone, stop the press, we are 4th........................
    The ladder on the NRL website has us sitting in 4th without a game being played so perhaps we can just go straight to the finals?????

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Hold the phone, stop the press, we are 4th........................
    The ladder on the NRL website has us sitting in 4th without a game being played so perhaps we can just go straight to the finals?????
    Woohoo!

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Well just read back through this thread and only one person who voted got it right........Not me.
    Interesting to read some of the predictions for the top eight too.