View Poll Results: Select your predicted 2015 finish and post your expectations from the club as a whole

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Finish 1-4

0 0%
  • Finish 5-8

11 36.67%
  • Finish 9-12

18 60.00%
  • Finish 13-16

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 2015 Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    This squad is a lot better than the 2014 season mainly due to the ppl we have let go. Top 12 might be a possibility
    This post raises an interesting question: what constitutes reasonable expectations for the coming season? So I have created a poll.

And to get the ball rolling ... I voted 13-16 and am not going to be disappointed if that's where we end up for the following reasons:

1. We look very average at 1, 6, 7 and 9 (there will be fierce competition for the spots but the choices we have are hardly world shattering).

2. We have cleaned out a lot of our roster which means we will be short of combinations.

3. We have commenced a youth policy and we will be short of experience.

4. We have a new coaching team and with change will come some level of settling down.

5. We have changed training venues (see point 4).

6. The clean-out will also have unsettled the leadership group.

7. The majority of other clubs have not been so destabilised.

In summary, my points are not meant to be in the negative, just an appraisal of our current situation ... I hope we kick ar$e but am being realistic.
    Last edited by Titanic; 11-11-14 at 11:39 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think top anywhere in the top 8 should be an achievable target

I was being optimistic when I put 9th to 12th. The thing is, I've felt better about this off season than I have in 5 years at least. I'm really going to enjoy watching the team develop next year. We are going to cop some absolute beltings next season but you never know, we might just produce one or two of our own as well - soemthing that NEVER happened under Cartwright.

Put 9 to 12 as I couldn't bring myself to click the option that included the spoon, however i'd be surprised if we got above 10th. Titanic has raised some valid points and IMO the Raiders, Sharks, Tigers and Knights are all in the same boat as us.

As many people have said before, if we play an attractive brand of footy and some of our young guns make a name for themselves then I will be satisfied with season 2015.

well said Karnage couldn't agree more, their is a heap of upside with the titans, changes have been made so feeling good about the whole situation

Junior

I went 9-12 but I believe if the players play to there full potential we can make the top 8

I went 9-12 but hope we sneek into the eight.

Just think that the "Spine" will need to evolve.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

I voted 9-12 as well hopefully at the higher end simply because there is a lot of restructuring in other teams.
    I'll be happy if the team:
    Keeps a fighting spirit and puts in every week for 80 minutes
    Learns how to put the other team to the sword on the days the opposition is off the pace.
    Score trys from structured plays (not rely on flukes, intercepts and other teams dropped balls).
    Some future stars start to emerge.

My expectations for 2015 are:

1. Finish somewhere between 9-12 on the ladder. I acknowledge that the club is going through a rebuilding stage and it will take 2-3 years for combinations to be formed etc. I would even be happy with a 13th place finish as long as the team completes expectation 2.

2. The team goes out there every week and gives 100%. In our 8 year history we have not performed at our best mainly because of poor effort from several players. Guys like Bird and Myles need to step up to mentor the young blokes.

3. There is no favouritism for spots in the team. How people like Zillman have kept their spot despite poor performances is ridiculous. Keep everyone on their toes and challenging for spots.

4. We see some young guys like Hudson, Elgey, Hazard, Broadhurst, Paasi etc debut in first grade if other players are not performing. We need to focus on youth and the future because an acing roster has been our problem in the past. Who doesn't enjoy seeing a young kid make first grade and absolutely kill it?

5. I would like to see our attack and defence improved. Like others have said we can't rely on lucky tries, intercepts and poor defence from the opposition. Let's get some structure and look dangerous every set of six. In defence we need to hit hard and work together to stop line breaks, tries and tackle busts from the other team. Our defence and attacking stats were horrific in 2014.

6. Stay in close games and don't give up. We need to show resilience and don't let teams run away with it in the last 20mins. Be a threatening team that opposition fans fear being in a tight contest with.

7. Make CBUS Stadium a fortress that other teams fear. Put in good performances and win games at home. This will attract fans to come to home games and therefore increase numbers.

Some of these expectations may not happen in the first year but most of them hopefully will. One thing is for sure, I am so bloody excited for 2015! Up the Titans!
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Pretty good summary T4L.
    I have gone 9th to 12th and I hope it will be the upper end of that group. Frankly 13-16th regardless of how they play etc will not be satisfactory in my opinion.

Yep 9-12 here too. Hoping that we see an improvement in our attacking structures and better overall defence. I agree with the comments made about it taking time and I hope that the roster continues to evolve and change until the balance is right.

I have gone 9-12, mainly because there seems to be huge roster changes for quite a few teams, so it kind of puts them in the same boat as us, and I am just hopeful that the new regime King seems to be bringing in has a positive effect on the whole playing group. The new coaching staff seem determined to change the deficiencies of the past and have easily highlighted our past issues, so I have high hopes, without expecting too much.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

I'm going 9-12 because I am excited to see Henry take control and sweep out the cobwebs and it feels like a new start. I hope that 2015 see the team playing at 100% effort each game with some structure and a renewed confidence and commitment.

From what I have read I also feel that Henry won't accept anything less than the best and that mediocrity should be a thing of the past so I hope this translates into results.

I have gone 5-8. There's no reason that with the cultural and coaching changes the cattle we have can't make a dent in the opposition. Guys like James and Ridge are ready to go to the next level and our recruiting has been solid if not spectacular. If we get some results from Crampton and any of our recruits we could be in for some finals action. I'll remain optimistic until we see otherwise

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

NRL WOODEN SPOON BETTING
    $4 Raiders
    $5 Dragons
    $5 Tigers
    $6 Eels
    $7 Titans
    $9 Knights
    $15 Sharks
    $34 Warriors
    $51 Cowboys
    $67 Storm
    $81 Sea Eagles
    $101 Broncos
    $101 Bulldogs
    $101 Rabbitohs
    $101 Roosters
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.