Default Titans coach puts Kevin Gordon on notice

Titans coach puts Kevin Gordon on notice after poor season

TITANS winger Kevin Gordon has revealed an honest assessment of his career from coach Neil Henry has motivated him to reach the heights which once made him one of the NRL’s most exciting stars.

Gordon is on the mend from hip, groin and knee operations and has turned to a *revolutionary training system to win back the wing position that he had a mortgage on for five years.

The 24-year-old slid down the pecking order last season, falling behind minimum wage wingers Anthony Don and *Kalifa Faifai Loa when he was dropped late in the year on the back of injury and poor form.

After 112 NRL appearances, Gordon is the club’s leading try-scorer (57) and said a frank assessment from Henry had him knowing what he needed to do to fall back in favour.

“We had a bit of talk. He told me where I’m at,” Gordon said.

“It was a little bit (of a wake-up call). It’s what I needed.

“It gives me a bit more *motivation now with all the competition around and a change of coach.

“I need to get back to where I was. Last year wasn’t that good. By the end of last year I was just hobbling around and wasn’t at my best.

“He’s told me I need to get my knee back to 100 per cent and start doing leg weights again so I can get back to where I was and find some form.”

Gordon has had three operations on his left knee after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in 2011.

He also had his hips and groin released recently to free up movement and is three weeks away from returning to full training. He yesterday began running on an anti-gravity treadmill which can reduce weight to ease the load on his body and he’s confident the speed which made him an excitement machine is still in his legs.

“If I can do full leg weights I’ll be confident I can get back to my best,” he said.

“I’ve just started on an anti-gravity treadmill and it felt good to run again.

“I’ve got to go through the rehab process and get back to where I’m supposed to be.

“There’s a lot of competition now with Kalifa and Anthony Don who played well and I need to find some form.

“It’s made me work harder this pre-season.”

Henry has made his presence felt by releasing halfback Albert Kelly and telling hooker Matt Srama that he is free to find a new club.

And co-captain Nate Myles said the entire squad was on notice after missing the finals for the fourth straight year.

“There’s no beating around the bush,” Myles said. “The club’s changing and our roster is too.

“Everyone’s been put on notice and told where they stand. It’s up to everyone here to try to impress.

“I don’t see it as a negative at all.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

About time
    #itaintweaktospeak

This is the most positive story of the entire offseason!!

The clear impression that can be taken here is that under Cartwright Gordon would have cruised into preseason training in any shape he wanted, trained half heartedly without putting any pressure on his legs, and waltzed into a guaranteed first grade starting spot.

And people wonder why we had a culture problem!!