Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    I managed to catch the boys training at Ballina Seagulls ground yesterday in front of a small but enthusiastic crowd of adults and kids. There were no real revelations in very hot conditions but I did note...
    Bird, Myles, Srama were absent and KG only arrived later in a Santa hat to distribute goodies to the 30 or so children.
    At first they were in two groups of forwards and backs practising goal line offensive plays for tackles 3,4 and 5.
    Douglas was getting a lot of ball despite a heavily strapped leg.
    Everyone was where you would expect them to be with Mosely and Falloon at the ruck. Sezer and Mortimer were together throughout the session with Elgey and Fogarty making up the other pairing I think.
    Don was working in the centres during the first practise plays and also when the squad split into two teams for a 20 minute a half hit up with a ref and what looked about 80% contact.
    At first Mead was swapping with Hoffman at FB and wing but DM only played wing during the 'game'.
    Zillman was FB, not centre.
    Josh Hoffman was enthusiastic, chatty and offered a lot of input and advice to his team mates. He looked very comfortable.
    Poor old Ahwang had trouble dragging his big frame around in the sweltering conditions and was always playing wing.

I had just left the Telstra shop to update the phone, took a heap of photos with it but when I switched the sim over they all dissappeared into the ether. Doh!
    Thanks for taking the time to write this. It's good to read you and HS posts to learn about the difference in training this year.

Seems the news is true that no place is guaranteed anymore and that everyone is having to prove themselves to try and secure a spot for next year.

Really disappointed though to hear Zillman was fullback during the practice game. Where did Hoffman play? Centre I'm guessing? I know it's only preseason training but I don't think I can put up with another year of Zillman at FB UNLESS HE IMPROVES.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

T4l.....there is 2 teams in a practice game..im assuming hoffman played fb for other team

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    T4l.....there is 2 teams in a practice game..im assuming hoffman played fb for other team
    Sorry mate, I read his paragraph wrong. I kinda gather that would be right now
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yes, that's right HS they were opposing fullbacks but Meady didn't get a look in during that game. I don't want to read too much to these sessions and it's probably wishful thinking, but whenever the squad was split up (including the 'game') Hoff did seem to be put with a backline that i think most of us would predict. So he was always with Sezer, Morts, Mead etc. One exception was Don playing opposite this group. Perhaps Henry was testing his defence? Zilly was put alongside Elgey and Fogarty, Ahwang and some other lesser lights.
    It's probably all nonsense this but if it brightens somebody's Christmas by reading this then good!
    I'm afraid I didn't notice where DT was most often but he was involved and look in great shape.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Yes, that's right HS they were opposing fullbacks but Meady didn't get a look in during that game. I don't want to read too much to these sessions and it's probably wishful thinking, but whenever the squad was split up (including the 'game') Hoff did seem to be put with a backline that i think most of us would predict. So he was always with Sezer, Morts, Mead etc. One exception was Don playing opposite this group. Perhaps Henry was testing his defence? Zilly was put alongside Elgey and Fogarty, Ahwang and some other lesser lights.
    It's probably all nonsense this but if it brightens somebody's Christmas by reading this then good!
    I'm afraid I didn't notice where DT was most often but he was involved and look in great shape.
    He was later seen in Ballina Bowls Club (Cherry St Sports Club) destroying the all you can eat buffet
    #itaintweaktospeak

Who were the centres in the group with sezer, morts etc?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    He was later seen in Ballina Bowls Club (Cherry St Sports Club) destroying the all you can eat buffet
    Now Pete, some could be misconstrued into believing that you are a cynic.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Burr talks about pre-season

Titans TV caught up with Lachlan Burr ahead of the Christmas break to see how he's settling in with the Titans.

Jamal & Kane set goals

The Boys are back

Doesn't look like Ahwang is there any longer, unless he is recovering from injury - he did do his hammy didn't he?

Pleasing to hear that Crampton is impressing. Good video.

FIRED UP FOR 2015 - TITANS

RLW Titans Lineup 2015:
    1. Josh Hoffman
    2. David Mead
    3. James Roberts
    4. William Zillman
    5. Kevin Gordon
    6. Aidan Sezer
    7. Daniel Mortimer
    8. Luke Douglas
    9. Beau Falloon
    10. Nate Myles
    11. Greg Bird
    12. Dave Taylor
    13. Matt Robinson

14. Dave Hala
    15. Mark Ioane
    16. Ryan Simpkins
    17. Ryan James

I look at that team, I think about what little changes I would like to see in it and then I think who can we beat? My answer is 'not too many'.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I was hoping the smile on my face would've grown by the time I got to the bottom of the list, but unfortunately it didn't happen for me.

I hope by the end of Round 1, that'll change.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I was hoping the smile on my face would've grown by the time I got to the bottom of the list, but unfortunately it didn't happen for me.

I hope by the end of Round 1, that'll change.
    I'm not sure that at this stage we have anyone better.
    I prefer to think (hope) that the players named in T4L's team develop as a team thanks to the new coaching staff, and we win round 1 and we won't need to think about changes. Let's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'm not sure that at this stage we have anyone better.
    I prefer to think (hope) that the players named in T4L's team develop as a team thanks to the new coaching staff, and we win round 1 and we won't need to think about changes. Let's hope.
    It's not my team. As I specified it is RLW's team shown in the video.