Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Hi guys I'm back Bloody internet has been out for 3 days around my area. Great to hear we are looking good in attack and the coaches are bringing in plenty of positive change. Good to hear Roberts is being given the ball plenty and that Hoffman is trying to improve his ball skills. So excited for 2015!
    do i have to drive around and take out the tower again?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yes please
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Haha no thanks Barely survived the three days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    yes please
    You're so nice to me teke
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

Are the Titans staying and training in Ballina soon? If so does anybody know where they'll be based. Would love to stalk a training session while they're down our way.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Give them an email on info@titans.com.au, they were helpful when I was wanting to attend the one at the start of this week

Bird won't be there ... strained his heartlidge.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

maybe he saw the 9s jersey and immediately needed to vomit.

Reeling from the atrocity, he found 2 police cars to prop himself between while vomiting onto the pavement. (definitely was not disrepecting the cars or anyone else)

His palms became sweaty (we all get that when we vomit right?) and he slipped forward off of the bonnet injuring his knee on the bumper of the officers vehicle.

Greg concedes it was stupid and definitely put a dampener on the training session

the local paper was there and captured the whole thing, but quickly went back to Hoff-Watch

William ran up and consoled Greg, but 'doesnt really want to talk about it'

James and Paul were having a few early cans on the hill, and offered to drive Greg to the hostpital, Paul was especially keen, remarking that its so much faster if you drive in the right hand lane.

Some staff were looking for another leader, Nate, and after alot of searching some of the local TSS students mentioned he was roaming the schools halls. Oddly, his training gear was left in a neat pile near the edge of the training field
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 11-12-14 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Haha no thanks Barely survived the three days.

- - - Updated - - -

You're so nice to me teke
    I don't give you a hard time T4L. I noticed that you come from Wide Bay where there are only tattoo parlours and no dentists so I have some compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I don't give you a hard time T4L. I noticed that you come from Wide Bay where there are only tattoo parlours and no dentists so I have some compassion.
    Thanks my friend, means a lot
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Neil Henry talks training
    Tue 16th December, 02:10PM

He’s not exactly ‘The Grinch’, but Gold Coast Titans coach Neil Henry isn’t expecting his players to have too merry a Christmas.

The squad will break at the end of this week until December 5 to spend time with family and friends over the Christmas-New Year period and Henry doesn’t want the sweat of the past six weeks to be undone.

“The players will be having a bit of down time with family and friends, but they will be expected to train,” he warned.

‘They each get a program when they have a couple of weeks off. We expect them to rest up for the first five or six days and then do some work.

“We have only a short turnaround leading into the nines (Auckland Nines tournament on January 31-February 1).So when we get back on the fifth we will be flying out and playing nines at the end of the month.

“We only have about three and a half weeks to get the work done so they don’t want to lose what they have gained already. They will drop off a little bit, but we expect them to work during this rest period.”

‘King’ Henry, who took over the reins from inaugural Titans coach John Cartwright towards the end of the 2014 season, has already put in his Christmas wish list for 2015.

He wants more consistency and a better home record.

“Next season we are looking to be a consistent team, a team that is competitive each week,” he said.

“And we certainly need to improve our home record. We only won three of 12 at home last season so that was disappointing for our fans. If we are better at home and get out there each week and be competitive I will be happy with that.

“You want to win at home in front of your own fans. We finished the year with a good win over the Bulldogs, but that means nothing when we play the Wests Tigers in the first round of 2015 (at CBus Super Stadium on Saturday March 7).

“Six out of 12 away was pretty good (in 2014). If we can maintain that and win more at home we will move up the ladder a bit.

“There is no doubt the squad has a bit more depth this year. With the addition of Dave Hala and Josh Hoffman we have more punch with our attack as well.

And we have a couple of younger blokes stepping up after having one season at the club. So we are excited about that.”

Henry will use the Auckland Nines to help solve a ‘fortunate’ headache he has around the ‘One’ jersey.

Former Bronco Josh Hoffman, Titans vice-captain and club favourite Will Zillman and ‘super sub’ David Mead all offer strong arguments to start in the fullback role.

Hoffman started later because of Four Nations commitments and has been on lighter duties because of some general soreness but Henry has been impressed by his star recruit.

“He’s been very good. He’s come back in good shape and got straight into it so he was a bit sore for the first week,” he said.

“We’ve started doing a bit more ballwork now. We’ve been rotating him, Zilly and Meady around the fullback spot and into the centres.

“He’s fitted right in. He’s getting a feel for the team.

“It’s a good headache. He’s a strike player who prefers to play at the back but Zilly wants to be there and he’s training the house down and Meady’s made no secret he doesn’t mind being the custodian as well.

“We’ve got a decision to make around that position. It will come down to trial form.”

The Titans first 13-a-side pre-season trail will be against the NZ Warriors in Toowoomba on February 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see in the last few paragraphs that we are doing more ballwork. We need to improve our attack greaty and score off more than kicks and intercepts. Sounds like Henry and co are working on that which is good.

Our home record is also important to winning back/attracting fans. We need to play a good, attractive brand of footy consistently in both our home and away games to improve crowd numbers.

Had to laugh at the sentence "..club favourite Will Zillman"
    #iwillneverwalkaway

2015 player profiles are mostly done

Still a few to go up eg Hoffman, Hala, Robinson and Moseley but they've got the photos up for all the others.

http://www.titans.com.au/team/player-profiles.html

club favourite should read club pet.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Sironen back to where it began

Damien Sironen returns to his home town of Ballina during the Titans pre-season training camp.

Titans TV spoke to him today to talk about his pre-season opportunity with the Titans.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Junior

I managed to catch the boys training at Ballina Seagulls ground yesterday in front of a small but enthusiastic crowd of adults and kids. There were no real revelations in very hot conditions but I did note...
    Bird, Myles, Srama were absent and KG only arrived later in a Santa hat to distribute goodies to the 30 or so children.
    At first they were in two groups of forwards and backs practising goal line offensive plays for tackles 3,4 and 5.
    Douglas was getting a lot of ball despite a heavily strapped leg.
    Everyone was where you would expect them to be with Mosely and Falloon at the ruck. Sezer and Mortimer were together throughout the session with Elgey and Fogarty making up the other pairing I think.
    Don was working in the centres during the first practise plays and also when the squad split into two teams for a 20 minute a half hit up with a ref and what looked about 80% contact.
    At first Mead was swapping with Hoffman at FB and wing but DM only played wing during the 'game'.
    Zillman was FB, not centre.
    Josh Hoffman was enthusiastic, chatty and offered a lot of input and advice to his team mates. He looked very comfortable.
    Poor old Ahwang had trouble dragging his big frame around in the sweltering conditions and was always playing wing.

I had just left the Telstra shop to update the phone, took a heap of photos with it but when I switched the sim over they all dissappeared into the ether. Doh!
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Excellent review mate! Sounds very very similar to the training I watched. Zillman didnt feature at centre at all then either.

Were roberts and dt on the left side again?