Default Favourite Titans Moments - 2014

Since the news and talk is slow in the off season, I thought it would be a good idea to list our favourite Titans moments of 2014.

4. Round 26 Comeback Win vs Bulldogs
    Great comeback by an injury riddled side. Down 18-0 with 35 minutes gone, we looked like we had no chance at all. Commentators were writing us off and fans stopped watching/listening. I was tempted to follow these fans but I stuck it out and kept supporting the boys. 2 quick tries by our wingers Don and KFFL, we were a chance. Suddenly, Mini went over in his last game which made it even more special. Down by 4 with 7 to go, the Doggies were holding solid. All of a sudden Taka went over from dummy half. I jumped and cheered as I heard the radio commentators scream it. In extra time, Hodkinson missed a field goal from 30m out before we went upfield and everyone's *favourite player* Will Zillman struck a wobbly field goal that went over. Seeing the boys celebrate on the field like it was a grand final was hilarious to see but coming back from 0-18 down to win 19-18 is extremely impressive (especially from a side missing 15 players).

3. David Mead Try: Round 6 vs Broncos
    Brisbane were on top and leading by 8 with 20 to go. We didn't look like scoring but Broncos were threatening every time they had the ball. Meady saved a Todd Lowrie attempt over the line immediately after he desperately grabbed onto Hunt's jersey (who was certain to score). After Lowrie played the ball, Hunt got the ball and grubbered it towards our line. In a quick flash Mead picked it up, out sprinted all Brisbane defenders and ran 100m to score a spectacular try that got the crowd going. I really thought that this game was Meady's best game at fullback.

2. Aidan Sezer Try: Round 6 vs Broncos
    This was my favourite moment of the year. Brisbane were up by 2 with 7 minutes to go in the game. They had been defensively strong all night so it seemed impossible that we were going to break through. Some tough runs by Harrison and Taylor got us up field before Kelly sent up a high ball which bounced. Barba looked like he had held onto the ball but out of nowhere Sezer stripped the ball and scored. The boys stayed solid and held on to win the game. I remember jumping out of my chair and screaming extremely loudly in excitement (the neighbours would have crapped themselves).

1. Carty and Searle gone - New Era
    Us loyal Titans fans have put up with a lot of crap in our 8 year history. For the past 4 years we have not made the finals and in 8 years we have a 45% winning percentage. That is simply not good enough for a team that has had a fairly capable roster. How Cartwright lasted 8 years with them horrible statistics is absolutely terrible. Searle was the man who signed Carty to a new 5 year contract after the end of 2010. He also made several terrible decisions with his money, which ultimately put us in a huge debt. The majority of the Titans fan base had had enough so some of our League of Titans members took action. Months of fighting eventually paid off. Our angry emails and phone calls had reached the Titans board and they took action. Carty and Searle stood down before round 22 and King Henry was instated weeks after. We have a great board and experienced coaches leading us into a new era. Long live the Titans!

HONOURABLE MENTIONS : Round 19 Win vs Newcastle, Round 5 Win vs Storm, Carty and Searle finally being sacked
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 28-10-14 at 10:18 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Carty being sacked

the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Carty being sacked

the end of the season
    Carty being sacked was number 4 on my list
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 26-10-14 at 09:56 PM.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Carty being sacked

the end of the season
    Same for me no1 & no2, no number 3 though
    #itaintweaktospeak

1. Cartwright goes
    2. Searle goes
    3. End of season
    4. Bailey, Minchiello and Harrison move on
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    1. Cartwright goes
    2. Searle goes
    3. End of season
    4. Bailey, Minchiello and Harrison move on
    Yeah, these would be the highlights for me and probably add Tom Searle's departure as well.
    You have got a good memoryT4L and described those moments well. I recalled them all as I was reading your descriptions.
    Hardly worth mentioning now but I didn't rate the Dogs win in the last round. It was great to be at and I got as excited as anybody......but the Dogs shut up shop at 18-0 knowing they had a semi the next week and they could not finish higher or lower than 7th.

i enjoyed and agreed with T4L's top 3, but had Meads try over Sezers. i know which one had the crowd going bananas. that is why you go to football, to watch a home grown kid go length of the field against big brother when the chips are down.

End of one era and the beginning of a new era for me is the best moment for 2014.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    End of one era and the beginning of a new era for me is the best moment for 2014.
    Just added it to my list. Definitely a great moment that deserves to be #1.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

1. Searle 'leaving'
    2. Carty leaving
    3. The whole Sack Carty campaign
    4. Henry coming in and stamping his authority

Making the finals..........oh wait.

Carty being sacked
    Searle pretends to leave
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).