Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Couldn't agree more. The infatuation some have with Mead as a FB, based on very little evidence, surprises me a bit. I would take a proven fullback over one that MIGHT be a good fullback any day.
    You are a smart man MT. My brain is burning from the crap I am hearing on FB about Mead. Saying he is better than Inglis and Slater is plain ridiculous. Mead is good but I prefer Hoffman every day of the week.

Couldn't agree more. The infatuation some have with Mead as a FB, based on very little evidence, surprises me a bit. I would take a proven fullback over one that MIGHT be a good fullback any day.
    As would I, hence my stance on getting hoff or whoever and pushing Mead to further his career elsewhere
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    As would I, hence my stance on getting hoff or whoever and pushing Mead to further his career elsewhere
    Further his career in the UK hahahahaha No one has ever done that

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Further his career in the UK hahahahaha No one has ever done that
    It sure beats 10 plus yr Titan multiple spoon reciever
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    It sure beats 10 plus yr Titan multiple spoon reciever
    Confidence in the team.... I love it. I know it's not ideal but at least try to have some hope.

Nah mate ... we need hookers and centres more than we need a fullback right now ... Hoffman doesn't bring enough to warrant the spend, imho ... and because of that I'd rather lash out on finding or re-signing some younger talent and having something up the sleeve for 2016 and beyond. I have to add that the Hunter's hooker rates a look (MOM against Tonga last weekend again).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I don't see why people rate Mead over Hoffy. Here is from an article in 2013 about Hoffman:

There can be little doubt about the quality of Hoffman's running game. He made more tackle breaks than any other player in the NRL in the 2013 regular season (a bragging right that was Barba's the year before). He can also do the job in defence, ranking third in the league for try saves last season.

Hoffman crossed for 15 tries in 2012 – seven more than any other Bronco – while also leading the club for line breaks and ranking second (behind Kangaroos workhorse Corey Parker) for metres gained.

in 2012 nrl.com did an artical with stats saying hoffman was the worst (or least effective) fullback in the comp defensively

- - - Updated - - -

If Hoffman signs with us he must play fullback. I rate him above both Mead and Zillman. He is defensively strong and runs the ball back with impact and intent. Mead should be our second choice fullback but I would rather an international at the back. Hoffy would be great at centre but he would preform much better at FB. Mead is also an exceptionally good winger who has played his best footy there.
    mead is an international, plays fb for png.

in all honesty i dont think hoffman would be good for us. he would have to play fullback otherwise he would be in the same position he is in now, looking for a club to play fullback in. i dont think we really gain anything with him being here. his positive attributes, in my opinion, mead has. hoffman cant pass or kick, mead isnt a noted ballplayer either. both return the ball hard. i dont see what people see in hoffman that they dont see in mead. of course gthis is only my opinion though.

You are a smart man MT. My brain is burning from the crap I am hearing on FB about Mead. Saying he is better than Inglis and Slater is plain ridiculous. Mead is good but I prefer Hoffman every day of the week.
    Wow!...Can you show the source that actually states that!

It's OK...I found your other post...yep...someone was on the wacky tobaccy
    Last edited by shamus; 21-10-14 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Wow!...Can you show the source that actually states that!

It's OK...I found your other post...yep...someone was on the wacky tobaccy
    I was absolutely shocked from what they said and embarrassed that them two morons are Titans fans. To compare an unproven fullback to two of the best (Slater may be past his best but still) fullbacks in the game is completely stupid.

I like Hoffman but I think we owe it to meady to have a shot. Imo based on what we have seen from
    him he could be something special for the Titans at fb (would love to see him
    be a one club player) but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis13 View Post
    I like Hoffman but I think we owe it to meady to have a shot. Imo based on what we have seen from
    him he could be something special for the Titans at fb (would love to see him
    be a one club player) but we will see.
    I am sure Mead will get a shot. Whether he or Hoffman wins out, at least either can play another position. Of course we haven't sorted out Zilly who should not be the FB but also can't play anywhere else.

I wouldn't mind seeing zilly in more of a utility role off the
    Bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis13 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing zilly in more of a utility role off the
    Bench.
    For Burleigh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rablin View Post
    For Burleigh?
    That's where I was thinking;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rablin View Post
    For Burleigh?