Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

This is a different issue but there is a guy, who I won't name, on FB who thinks Roberts is a defensive liability. He thinks that Roberts would be better on the wing where he will not be targeted as much in defence. Everyone can have their opinion but I can't be the only one who thinks Roberts is a quite solid centre in both attack and defence. What's everyone's thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    This is a different issue but there is a guy, who I won't name, on FB who thinks Roberts is a defensive liability. He thinks that Roberts would be better on the wing where he will not be targeted as much in defence. Everyone can have their opinion but I can't be the only one who thinks Roberts is a quite solid centre in both attack and defence. What's everyone's thoughts?
    Hes fine. Very raw at centre as he has hardly played it - an off season will do wonders for him on both attack and defence

The jury is still out in relation to Roberts for me. Yes he scored some tries this year through sheer pace and there is no substitute for speed, however I also remember some horrible defensive lapses and a few games where was heading east-west with the ball too much rather than north-south. I am hopeful a new coach will get the best out of him as I think the potential is there. You only have to see the quotes from opposing players that indicates they believe he has what it takes so lets hope Henry develops him. I can't think of too many players that showed improvement once Carty got hold of them, and that the coaching changes are what excites me about the future.

Roberts is fine. His lapses in defence when he first came to us came from more of a lack of fitness. For quite a few of his initial games he was coming back from a broken leg so was suffering terribly in the match fitness department.

I'm also undecided about Roberts and am more inclined to judge players on their on-field work ethic rather than their try scoring feats. I thought he went missing in large doses last season and although that could be blamed on many things, it's still what happened. I certainly don't take much from opposition players' endorsements because the whole NRL landscape is littered with political-speak, unless you get Tallis pumped.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Here is an example of our stupid fans on Facebook:

Hoffman has more experience and is better then our current centers. Mead is better then slater and as good as inglis in fullback. Hoffman just ****ing sucks. Throws retarted balls, knocks on all the time. Mead is 100x better under the high ball. One of the fastest in the league

Roberts is the worst player on the team and makes more defensive lapses than every other player

Mead is far more consistent than GI, and gets far more involved. In the first 25 minutes of the grand final, Inglis touched the ball 2 times. By about that time in the City V Country, Mead has already crossed for 2 tries. I'd hate to have a lazy fullback like Inglis playing for the Titans. And Slater is losing his touch at nearly 32, whilst Mead is coming into his prime. We're extremely lucky to have a player like Mead, and even luckier that we have a player like Roberts as back up

Hoffman has more experience and is better then our current centers. Mead is better then slater and as good as inglis in fullback. Hoffman just ****ing sucks. Throws retarted balls, knocks on all the time. Mead is 100x better under the high ball. One of the fastest in the league

Roberts is the worst player on the team and makes more defensive lapses than every other player

Mead is far more consistent than GI, and gets far more involved. In the first 25 minutes of the grand final, Inglis touched the ball 2 times. By about that time in the City V Country, Mead has already crossed for 2 tries. I'd hate to have a lazy fullback like Inglis playing for the Titans. And Slater is losing his touch at nearly 32, whilst Mead is coming into his prime. We're extremely lucky to have a player like Mead, and even luckier that we have a player like Roberts as back up
    LOLOL What a man DB is !!!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I should have stopped reading after the "Mead is better than Slater" bit. Idiots - but I suppose if they pay and go to the games they can say what they like.
    Obviously these people are happy missing the 8 every year.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    LOLOL What a man DB is !!!
    i was thinking how nice of Teke to say that on FB about Meady.

i dont think anyone is delusional on here about Mead. No one on here believes Mead is better than inglis or slater, just that he has the most potential on our list to be our best fullback. And given a sustained run, he could be one of the better ones in the NRL, as in top 6 or so. and most just want to see him get that opportunity to try. as we kow what Zills capable of.

also, i think Roberts a weapon and Henrys main job i to build a gameplan that gets us upfield and finds ways to make the most of he and coal train. He is a bit raw in Defence, but he doesnt lack aggression, just some experience. He will benefit from a good coach and pre season i think.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i was thinking how nice of Teke to say that on FB about Meady.

i dont think anyone is delusional on here about Mead. No one on here believes Mead is better than inglis or slater, just that he has the most potential on our list to be our best fullback. And given a sustained run, he could be one of the better ones in the NRL, as in top 6 or so. and most just want to see him get that opportunity to try. as we kow what Zills capable of.

also, i think Roberts a weapon and Henrys main job i to build a gameplan that gets us upfield and finds ways to make the most of he and coal train. He is a bit raw in Defence, but he doesnt lack aggression, just some experience. He will benefit from a good coach and pre season i think.
    All of us on here actually have brains and think before talking unlike our FB 'fans'. Mead has big potential but I would prefer a proven fullback in Hoffman. If Roberts works on his defence he would be better but the guy on FB is saying that he is too small for centre.

There are a few different FB "fan" pages with different levels of stupidity, but I am only a member of one, as I have been kicked out of all the rest.

TBH, sometimes there is some good debate by a handful of knowledgeable peeps, but mostly it's about where to buy merch or who is the best player on NRL computer games.

It is interesting to see how much people love or hate certain players though, but as long as they back it up with fair argument I'm happy to read it.

Better than, "I'm the biggest fan and will be forever cause I love the titans, and if you don't go to as many games as me you aren't the biggest fan" etc

My personal opinion is that this forum is not the place to name or shame FB users though, or bring their posts across.
    I don't want to see my comments turn up on here and have to pretend it's not me.

Hey Chris...I have noticed your debates with a guy with the initials JK... he makes me laugh.

I am sure he means well but has absolutely no idea!