Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry What's wrong with some of our fans.....Seriously

On our fb page all these clowns just whinging about letting Kelly go. Im not renewing my membership, we are now getting the spoon, the management sucks blah blah blah. There are some stupid people out there that are a disgrace to this club, sure Kelly was a gun but what 10 games hes always injured has problems off the field and people are making it sound he makes so much difference. Kane Elgey and Fogarty are coming and will probably succeed more and I hope Mortimer plays out of skin, to shut these disgraceful bandwagoners the hell up. End rant.

Agreed mate. Some of these fans complaining about losing players were the same people threatening to stop supporting the team for breaching the salary cap. We can't have the best of both worlds unfortunately. Players must be let go to prevent repeating the action again. I think the term 'bandwagoners' is appropriate because many of the people who follow us only care about the good and can't stand the band. In footy you are going to have the good times and the bad times. When you support a team you pledge to SUPPORT them through thick and thin.

In general, the Clubs Facebook fraternity aren't among our brightest stars. In fact, they're that unique, one develops an eye for them and can spot them within the crowd at our home games (over time).

They are the Cartwright/Searle family and friends and will now spend the rest of their days championing a return of the old guard ... I've given up visiting the site because I prefer to keep my breakfast down.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

T4L on here is Jordan King. Good poster on the facebook groups
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    T4L on here is Jordan King. Good poster on the facebook groups
    If I was Jordan King I would have capitalised every single letter, put a thousand exclamation marks and had the phrase "COME ON GOLD COAST!!!!!" in every bloody sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
    On our fb page all these clowns just whinging about letting Kelly go. Im not renewing my membership, we are now getting the spoon, the management sucks blah blah blah. There are some stupid people out there that are a disgrace to this club, sure Kelly was a gun but what 10 games hes always injured has problems off the field and people are making it sound he makes so much difference. Kane Elgey and Fogarty are coming and will probably succeed more and I hope Mortimer plays out of skin, to shut these disgraceful bandwagoners the hell up. End rant.
    Anyone that says they are not renewing their membership because Kelly is leaving was not a fan anyway. I can understand if people were not going to renew based on the last few years efforts, if no action had been taken. However the club has just about cleared the bad links to the past, we have a new coaching and recruitment staff who are making the big calls and good on them. I am excited about the future and it's only because things are finally starting to happen.
    It just shows how bad we have been going when some people say they are not renewing because we didn't sign Albert Kelly - oh please.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that reads the Facebook comments and thinks the same! The comments start off with the slightly misinformed, descend into ridiculous and just get more and more bizarre!

Don't get me started in the Bulletin asking for comments about Titans stories- those comments always revolve around a car park and food and drink prices and end up with the comparison between AFL and NRL.

Most of thhe facebookers wouldn't go to a game if it was free and Jesus himself was playing - just something else to whinge about.

yeah really really i like Kelly,but it seems an astute decision, and we have identified fogarty, hazard and the 20s player of the year, so letting a renowned poor trainer with a questionable attitude go should be seen as an intelligent decision by a coach and team trying to start fresh and implement higher standards....
    higher standards and behaviours will be less visible to us, and they wont bring wins immediately, but when the wins come, they will come on top of a great foundation, not the fake foundation that we lucked some wins with earlier this year.
    i almost never go on that FB page, because lets face it...its a FB page. it automatically has a higher idiot % than the general population. i cant last more than a minute before my head asplode and my jimmies get rustled.

It's so nice to read actual fans comments, so glad to be here amongst you all. I'm not even gonna bother reading the fb page anymore it bothers me so much, to know there are these people out there that call themselves fans of our club. Then again I am sure every team has those idiots around. It is just so frustrating sometimes you wanna make a difference but you can't, because you can't cure ignorance.

Kelly should have been retained, should have been Mortimer...wrong choice. I believe that even though, it was the wrong choice..I'm wiling to give Henry a chance with the fresh new squad for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    Kelly should have been retained, should have been Mortimer...wrong choice. I believe that even though, it was the wrong choice..I'm wiling to give Henry a chance with the fresh new squad for next year.
    from what I understand Kelly did not want to be here any more, you don't keep players who do not want to be around it never ends good

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
    from what I understand Kelly did not want to be here any more, you don't keep players who do not want to be around it never ends good
    Really? Who knows the reason for his departure, it's premature to make such judgement..to be honest with you. It could be like a Ryan Hoffman/Melbourne thing where he went off to England for a year after the salary cap scandal. Mortimer is just average to me...Sezer and Kelly complimented each other well..

Isn't it about time that we stopped looking for solutions in mediocrity? Let's get some young faces in there and let them rip.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    Really? Who knows the reason for his departure, it's premature to make such judgement..to be honest with you. It could be like a Ryan Hoffman/Melbourne thing where he went off to England for a year after the salary cap scandal. Mortimer is just average to me...Sezer and Kelly complimented each other well..
    ok sorry he wanted to test himself in super league which is still technically wanting to leave and yes thats the reason

Kelly and Blair released to Hull KR

Sat 18th October, 01:17PM

The iSelect Titans have agreed to release backs Albert Kelly and Maurice Blair to take up the opportunity to play together as halves in the English Super League.

The two players, who had a year remaining on their Titans contracts, have signed two-year deals with the English club to replace Australian halves of 2014 who were recently released, Travis Burns and Kris Keating.

Kelly, 23, played 10 matches for the Titans in 2014 and Blair, who turned 30 on Thursday, 15 games.

“They were given a rare opportunity to play together as halves by Hull KR who were looking to fill their halfback and five-eighth positions and they get the security of two-year deals,” said Titans head coach Neil Henry.

“We feel we have good depth in the halves here so we agreed to allow Albert to take this opportunity in the Super League,*and at 30 Maurice has the chance to extend his career which we are also happy to accommodate. We wish them both great success over there.

“It also gives us more flexibility in our salary cap management and provides the opportunity to go into the market should suitable players become available.

“The Holden Cup player of the year, halfback Kane Elgey, has been handed an opportunity with an NRL contract and Christian Hazard, who’s only 19, showed great promise in his first season with the club in under-20s, although he missed several games with injury.

“And 20-year-old Jamal Fogarty, like Kane an Australian Schoolboy representative, showed his potential for Tweed Seagulls this year. We also have Aidan Sezer and Daniel Mortimer, so we have five players vying for two positions in the halves.”

Agent for Kelly and Blair, Warrick Wright, said the pair, who are close mates, were grateful for the opportunity to play together as starting halves and the chance to taste English Super League together.

“Albert is excited about testing himself in Super League for two seasons while still young enough to return to the NRL, and also get a chance to play alongside ‘Bobby’ in the halves and share a great experience together before Maurice ends his career,” Wright said. “We’re thankful for the Titans to allow them the opportunity and hopefully it will be exciting new start for them.”

Albert Kelly said: “Firstly I would like to thank the Titans for the opportunity to resurrect my career. Thank you to the Titans members, legion of fans and the staff for all their support. It’s a bittersweet feeling as I’ve made some great friends on the Gold Coast and love the club. I’d like to thank Hull KR for the opportunity to test myself in a new brand of footy and I can’t wait to be part of such a great club