Default All the right moves

Our team is having a great off season. We have signed some much needed fresh blood in the coaching ranks. We have distanced ourselves from the disastrous CoE era by moving our HQ away from what is a complete money pit and now our board have self reported salary cap rorts from the Scott Prince years which is nothing more than a polite way of saying "F#$! YOU" to Michael Searle and the cavalier way that he ran the club.

We are going to be a very average football team next year, but we are going to be an honest team that local people can rally around once again.

here here to that Karnage

Junior

Well said Karnage.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Absolutely agree. The club is finally turning around with new management and making good decisions. The quicker we have the old leaders (don't know if you can call them that) out, the better. In with the new and improved Titans!

QLD Cup

Every announcement reinforces a new start. I am looking forward to next season and hopefully improvement in attitude and application.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Absolutely agree. The club is finally turning around with new management and making good decisions. The quicker we have the old leaders (don't know if you can call them that) out, the better. In with the new and improved Titans!
    Are you referring to our on-field 'leaders' with this statement. Because if you are, I agree 1000% with this comment. We have a co-captain on our team that has forged an entire career out of looking good in losing teams.

i agree. i saw the paper and alot of people might think oooh they were cheating!

i dont care, it was ages ago and we clearly didnt gain much of an advantage, but i appreciate the honesty and getting ALL the dirty **** out of the way now while we are on the canvas, so when we starting climbing, no skeletons pop out of the closet.

I have also been pretty impressed with most of the decisions / announcements the club has made in recent history.

one thing to clarify though... i thought this was related to dealings resulting in him going to brisbane, nothing to do with the house thing. anyone tell me if i have it right or wrong?

is seems unfair to put this all on prince and his NRL role wont be renewed, while the Storm rorters were always painted as oblivious to it all and the big 4 were squeaky clean.

- - - Updated - - -

i agree. i saw the paper and alot of people might think oooh they were cheating!

i dont care, it was ages ago and we clearly didnt gain much of an advantage, but i appreciate the honesty and getting ALL the dirty **** out of the way now while we are on the canvas, so when we starting climbing, no skeletons pop out of the closet.

I have also been pretty impressed with most of the decisions / announcements the club has made in recent history.

one thing to clarify though... i thought this was related to dealings resulting in him going to brisbane, nothing to do with the house thing. anyone tell me if i have it right or wrong?

is seems unfair to put this all on prince and his NRL role wont be renewed, while the Storm rorters were always painted as oblivious to it all and the big 4 were squeaky clean.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Are you referring to our on-field 'leaders' with this statement. Because if you are, I agree 1000% with this comment. We have a co-captain on our team that has forged an entire career out of looking good in losing teams.
    Both on and off field leaders were not up to scratch previously. Bird and Myles need to step up and do what captains do, LEAD THE TEAM by putting in every week and helping the young guys out.

The previous management also made poor decisions. Whether it was letting quality players go, buying a multi million dollar training facility that we could never afford or making back ended deals to our worst players.

I for one am glad that the club is showing maturity and putting the future of this club ahead of being nice to people like Carty and Gilly who should not have survived in their roles for the length of time they did. Hopefully the future of this club is bright and centered around making good on and off field decisions.

I'd love to drop my draws and join this love fest but I'm totally worried that instead of getting a happy ending, I'm going to get reamed again by the friggin' morons that partially control our club.

Sorry about the analogy but gee (can we use that word in rugby league now) Searle is still the major shareholder and our playing group features not one, not two but three friggin' mammoth underachievers ... namely the three games a year stars and the backstop.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Yup, there's still that negative undertow while Micheal Searle remains the majority share holder. And I'm fairly confident many Fans that don't frequent this forum are well aware of it. Until that changes, the Club/Franchise will appear to be hobbled to some extent and may yet go ar$e up again if he steps back into the limelight and grabs the reigns again.

Please Micheal. Let go 'n sell off your share for greater good of the rugby league loving community on the Coast and abroad.

Great opening post karnage.

Clearly they're digging deep, burning any skeletons at the stake and clearing a path for a very bright future where nothing can tarnish our success.
    At least we know this short term pain sets us up for long term gain. I'm onboard for the long term ride, and I accept there will be some lean years while we rebuild, but I feel we have really learnt some valuable lessons and have knowledgeable business leaders at the helm now. The financial liabilities and past failings have been addressed, now the club can focus on future success.