Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Titans Found breaching salary Cap.

This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post

UGH ah well at least new managements honesty has caught us a break. Let us move on and never mention this again

Maybe we could use Prince's house as our new headquarters, rent free of course.

Well hopefully this should be the last mess that is from the previous management. If I was Annersley I would be glad to see the back of 2014.

Not sure how the payment is to made but we will now be $225k worse off along with having no other major sponsor for next year.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Junior

Love how the Broncos get so called cleared of any breach. Only because people involved have left the game. What a ****ing joke. Protected species.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    Love how the Broncos get so called cleared of any breach. Only because people involved have left the game. What a ****ing joke. Protected species.
    Just another reason I can't stand those grubs!

I agree with you but what can the NRL do if the main person implicated has left the game and will not co-operate with the investigation. The net was pretty full of stories today that the person (Gee) is banned from holding any position in the future. His reputation has also taken a hit.

- - - Updated - - -

The NRL has also advised that Prince's role as a One Community ambassador will not be renewed when it expires next month and have indicated he was as involved as the people who made these payments. It will be interesting how Prince explains this in his newspaper column, but his reputation has also taken a hit and I doubt he will be welcome back in the game in any capacity. I was sort of hoping that the Titans would welcome some of the old boys like him back at some stage but I would say it will not happen in his case.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I agree with you but what can the NRL do if the main person implicated has left the game and will not co-operate with the investigation. The net was pretty full of stories today that the person (Gee) is banned from holding any position in the future. His reputation has also taken a hit.

- - - Updated - - -

The NRL has also advised that Prince's role as a One Community ambassador will not be renewed when it expires next month and have indicated he was as involved as the people who made these payments. It will be interesting how Prince explains this in his newspaper column, but his reputation has also taken a hit and I doubt he will be welcome back in the game in any capacity. I was sort of hoping that the Titans would welcome some of the old boys like him back at some stage but I would say it will not happen in his case.

I understand the main guy left the club but it is the club as a whole that beached the salary cap and you can't tell me the Broncos didn't breach the cap. So pretty much News Limited & Channel 9 have gone to the NRL and go here have some money "for the game" as long as the Broncos don't get pinned.

Under Gallop this never would have happened but bring in some pommy **** that until becoming the CEO of the NRL had never watched a game and now the NRL is going down the toilet.

I understand the main guy left the club but it is the club as a whole that beached the salary cap and you can't tell me the Broncos didn't breach the cap. So pretty much News Limited & Channel 9 have gone to the NRL and go here have some money "for the game" as long as the Broncos don't get pinned.

Under Gallop this never would have happened but bring in some pommy **** that until becoming the CEO of the NRL had never watched a game and now the NRL is going down the toilet.
    My understanding was that the breach was related to a "loan" from the Broncos Leagues Club, nothing to do with News and Channel 9. Under Gallop the Storm breaches occurred and they were owned by News at the time!
    I am certainly not defending the Broncos and I have no doubt that they have worked around the salary cap and still are, but I think your theory is off the mark.

Just so you know why that's a ridiculous thing to say, Gallop only got the gig as NRL CEO because of his role as a News Ltd lawyer during the Super League War. He was a key part of almost killing the game and then holding it in stasis for almost two decades.

Comparing a guy like Smith to a stooge like Gallop is, well, I feel insulted on Smith's behalf.

You're not alone, I'm mighty pissed about this as well..

Easy to hide it all when your owned by the media company LOL

F***ing BS it is and people dont get why i hate them so much
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Teflon Searle cleared according to Twitter. However he is an accountant.

Can we take the house back, sell it and pay the NRL fine that way ;-)

Not sure how they can clear Searle, who paid Prince? Cynics will say GA has cost the club 225k, but in my opinion he has done the correct thing.
    Does the Searle/Cartwright resignations have anything with today's news, as they would have known the penalty was coming.