Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I watched Gold Coast news (sport) at around 5:50pm last night when they spoke about this. I cannot quote exactly how it was worded but Searle was not mentioned at all but a small clip was shown of David May signing something at his desk with the comment along the lines of "David May was CEO at the time".

If you still cruise through here Dave, then let it be known it we all here know the truth.

The other outstanding issue we have at the moment but it will eventually raise it's ugly head is the Titans 4 Life 'where's the money gone' fiasco. I have heard a rumour, and only a rumour (and if I mention it I will get myself sued) that the charity paid 'overs' back to the club for rent (we all know that part) but the money actually went back out of the club as quick as it went back in (and not to player payments).

Just a reminder for those that have forgotten..

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...-1227017340782

Once this is fully out in the open (and closed) then we can get back to concentrating on footy.

P.S. If something more is made of this I am curious as to whether our suspended sentence of 4 match points comes back into play?

How can Searle not be implicated in this. Wasn't he responsible for player payments???

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    I understand the main guy left the club but it is the club as a whole that beached the salary cap and you can't tell me the Broncos didn't breach the cap. So pretty much News Limited & Channel 9 have gone to the NRL and go here have some money "for the game" as long as the Broncos don't get pinned.

Under Gallop this never would have happened but bring in some pommy **** that until becoming the CEO of the NRL had never watched a game and now the NRL is going down the toilet.
    Just so you know why that's a ridiculous thing to say, Gallop only got the gig as NRL CEO because of his role as a News Ltd lawyer during the Super League War. He was a key part of almost killing the game and then holding it in stasis for almost two decades.

Comparing a guy like Smith to a stooge like Gallop is, well, I feel insulted on Smith's behalf.

I mentioned it in another thread, but i read an article that said this breach was about his move to brisbane. nothing to do with the alleged house he asked for / was offered. So the House jokes dont really apply here.

If thats true, then Dave May was CEO at that point and is why Searle was perhaps cleared.

however we all know that Searle was still quite involved and could have been in it up to his armpits, and could even explain May leaving a few short months later.

Just because he was CEO at the time, im not prepared to hang it all on David May. Not when the circumstance seems so similar to how another person of influence conducts business. It does seem a shame that Prince is the ONLY one named. he would be one of hundreds of players that either would be on more than the contract says, or would jump at the chance if they had it.

Are they trying to stitch up David May? Because it isn't working and we all know how good David was for the club.

The current administration had better soon get over making "previous" administrations the fall guy. David busted his guts trying to turn this club around and there was a toxic environment against him. So show him respect please.

I find it all a bit hard to believe.

But we got busted and were fortunate not to get the fine or points. Which is suspended, which also seems weird to me.

Meanwhile the Broncos get off scott free in dodgy circumstances.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Seems like Scott Prince is also becoming a bit of a fall guy as well. Not good IMO.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Prince's reputation won't have taken a hit at all. These guys have carers that last 15 years at the absolute maximum, and are all looking to get every cent out of the game that they can - they are a long time retired!!
    I meant the hit to his reputation in the future such as looking for future work in the NRL, not what he has achieved to date. I don't know enough about this issue but obviously the NRL have found something this indicates Prince knew he was getting undeclared money, by not wanting to employ him in the future. It is also interesting that in a couple of articles in todays Bulletin there is a note that attempts to contact Prince for comment were unsuccessful. Strange considering Prince was writing a weekly article for them until very recently.
    I was staggered that the NRL investigation found no evidence against Searle, Cartwright and Scott Clark. Someone knew what was going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Are they trying to stitch up David May? Because it isn't working and we all know how good David was for the club.

The current administration had better soon get over making "previous" administrations the fall guy. David busted his guts trying to turn this club around and there was a toxic environment against him. So show him respect please.

I find it all a bit hard to believe.

But we got busted and were fortunate not to get the fine or points. Which is suspended, which also seems weird to me.

Meanwhile the Broncos get off scott free in dodgy circumstances.
    I agree with you DH. I have great respect for David May and he wasn't there all that long anyway. But the NRL supposedly have cleared Searle, Carty and Clark. Someone knew what was going on.
    Essentially I don't really care as it's just another piece of stain from former administrations that we can move on from and just shows how critical it was to get a new broom through the place.

This totally craps me off and makes me consider why I want to continue to follow rugby league at all ... I won't support another club but in fairness this club is completely a mess of incestuousness and cronyism ... May obviously did deals that were off the planet, Searle was even worse and the posturing going on at the moment of being squeaky-clean makes me want to puke.

I have to add that the excuses that players are either too stupid or their managers are too shady or that their careers are too short and therefore can this gives them a wild card to rape and pillage the game is outrageously myopic ... Prince has never struck me as a fool and so I think he knew exactly which way was up.
    Last edited by Titanic; 17-10-14 at 10:00 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This totally craps me off and makes me consider why I want to continue to follow rugby league at all ... I won't support another club but in fairness this club is completely a mess of incestuousness and cronyism ... May obviously did deals that were off the planet, Searle was even worse and the posturing going on at the moment of being squeaky-clean makes me want to puke.

I have to add that the excuses that players are either too stupid or their managers are too shady or that their careers are too short and therefore can this gives them a wild card to rape and pillage the game is outrageously myopic ... Prince has never struck me as a fool and so I think he knew exactly which way was up.
    can you retype all that in English plz lol
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

How can Dave May be implicated in something that was done in 2010 , pretty sure he came on board in 2012 the thing that Dave can be "Thanked For" is getting rid of Prince ....

What a shame Searle & Fartwright didn't resign before DM we would be in a far better situation right now
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    How can Dave May be implicated in something that was done in 2010 , pretty sure he came on board in 2012 the thing that Dave can be "Thanked For" is getting rid of Prince ....

What a shame Searle & Fartwright didn't resign before DM we would be in a far better situation right now
    Agree with you there PETE. However isn't the whole breach centered around Princes payments while he was playing for the Broncos ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

It's confusing isn't it about the compensation payout for his transition to the Broncos?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It's confusing isn't it about the compensation payout for his transition to the Broncos?
    Yeah that what I'm lead to believe.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

yeah prince says it in the paper today.

that he got back from his holiday at end of 2012 and was basically told he wasnt getting the option for 2014 re-newed and if he wanted to play that year then it needed to be somewhere else. he claims he wasnt really prepared for the quick events, but as a husband and father fought to be paid what he had was entitled / owed.

So it was definitely around the time DM was in charge, but as i wrote above, that doesnt mean i necessarily believe DM was responsible. he was a great thing for us, and i learnt a tonne off him as a person that i use today in the way i speak to my daughter and build that relationship, and even run my business. Will never forget the great influence he had on me.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 18-10-14 at 07:09 PM.