Default Hayne heading to murica

As you guys already know by now and its unfortunate, hopefully its not a new trend. Already have to battle with union Thoughts?

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/hayne-...l-dream-15342/

Good luck to him & about time a Rugby League player is having a crack at the NFL , it will be very interesting viewing & when u consider he finished in the top 5% of NFL players in a skills,agility & strength test he should have a great chance at making it , i think the most difficult thing for him to get used to will be wearing all the gear...

Also think the NFL probably will pick up many thousands of new fans , when Jarryd plays that is
    #itaintweaktospeak

Any details on how he hopes to actually get on an NFL roster?

I will be interested in seeing how he goes. Having been to an NFL game recently I think there are roles in that game where he could go ok.
    Rather than him going, I think the huge impact will be at Parra where they were showing signs of being a force in the next year or so. This is a massive loss for them and will set them back big time. As a Manly fan I am devastated by that!

I'm not even upset he's going, it's just exciting. I really hope he makes a name for himself over there.

Bad year for the NRL losing S Burgess, SBW and Hayne to other codes. Never been a big fan of Haynesy mainly because of the state he played for Anyway good luck to him and hopefully he gets a run over there.

QLD Cup

Yea! tough for the Eels. Still, I am a sports fan and I am looking forward to to see how he goes. I followed the 49ers and Giants when I lived there. It is a game of chess with real people. There is a place for improvisation but each player needs to precisely execute set plays, no need to think too much the quarterback and coaches do that. I think that he could start as a kick returner, but if he makes it into the offensive line I think he may be the first Australian to do it at NFL level. He is up against the cream of US professional athletes. NFL has almost no competition from other football codes so the best of the best end up there.
    Last edited by Titanic Believer; 15-10-14 at 07:37 PM.

Took some serious courage for him to do what he did and I admire him for following his dreams.

Best of luck to him, hope he makes it.

I haven't seen any of his press conference but according to an article on ESPN's website http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...hase-nfl-dream Hayne thinks he can make it as a punt/kick returner and is giving himself 12 months. This is probably the smallest transition from League and I guess he would be looking at it as a first step but I'm hard pressed to see how the opportunity to return the ball 5 to 10 times a game would compare favourably to playing fullback at the levels he has (and I'm a big fan of the NFL so it's not that I don't appreciate it as a sport). Also, if he is only on a 12 month plan he is probably not risking that much financially, particularly if the NRL's discretionary marquee player money that was reportedly offered to him to entice him not to go is still on the table if he looks to return for the 2016 NRL season.

Another article about Hayne on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...r-jarryd-hayne

Given this bit of the article though:

When Carroll's normal Wednesday press conference ended, Dave Pearson, the Seahawks' vice president of communications, said Carroll was just having fun.

"He doesn't even know who the guy is," Pearson said.

it doesn't sound like there is any genuine interest from the Seahawks at this stage.

On a somewhat related note, I was interested to see on the pre-game coverage of a very recent Seahawks game that the Seahawks had brought in a Fijian international rugby player (can't remember which one though they did name him) to help with their tackling technique, particularly leading with the shoulder.

Does he have a legit contract or not?

Shame to see him go, especially after Kangaroos selection and winning the Dally M along with JT.

Hope this doesnt encourage the NFL to poach more.

But it will help the NFL grow their audience even if he just gets one game.

But sure how satisfying Australians will find NFL though, just with a focus on one player.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Does he have a legit contract or not?

Shame to see him go, especially after Kangaroos selection and winning the Dally M along with JT.

But it will help the NFL grow their audience even if he just gets one game.

But sure how satisfying Australians will find NFL though, just with a focus on one player.
    He has a train and trial contract with the Detroit Lions according to the news today.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    NFL haven't poached anyone....
    Hayne left the NRL on his own accord with dreams of maybe one day playing in the NFL...

Its a long road from here...

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!