Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans NYC 2015

Junior

Fantastic effort from our 20s in terms of the quality opponent they were up against. Hopefully this will give our boys the confidence leading into week 1.

On a side note, in spite of all the dramas that have happened. These boys need all the support we can give them. A good bunch of kids who are great ambassadors for not only the club but rugby league in general.

Hearing 20s went very well. Boys are happy and confident going in to the season

Well done to our Nyc Squad awesome stuff especially with all the stuff that's going on with in the club.Let all of the guys in this group develop and push for the next level and get rid of the guys in our nrl squad that have been named in the scandal! ! Give The guys in the 20s and the guys playing for contracts a go , , they may not be experienced at Nrl level but how can they be if they ain't given a fair crack!! Well done again to our staff and players of our Nyc squad! !

Who do you guys think from MM cup will feature in U20's at some time this year?

Keanu Dawson is the obvious one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ethan Paikea (i know he's only 17 but he is unreal), Ethan Roberts and perhaps an outside back like GL or Caleb Williams have a run either

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Who do you guys think from MM cup will feature in U20's at some time this year?

Keanu Dawson is the obvious one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ethan Paikea (i know he's only 17 but he is unreal), Ethan Roberts and perhaps an outside back like GL or Caleb Williams have a run either
    I think Ethan Roberts may be out for the season, but agree with Keanu and GL. Tyrone Davis Roberts performed well in trials. I guess team list this week for MM will give us a better indication.

Pretty sure Keanu Dawson has a date with the judiciary after an indescretion in the last trial match

Ethan Paikea is off limits he is number one forward #Redbacks , he is struggling to over come a knee injury atm & is only a rough chance of playing in next Saturdays round 1 match

Woolfy isn't one for rushing a player that's too young so I'm sure he'll get a shot at the 20's next season
    #itaintweaktospeak

Hey Titan Crius,do you think the side will change much to the team that went upto t/ville?and who may come into the side..

This is what I'm guessing the side will be for Rd 1 v Tigers:

1. Kelly
    2. Spring
    3. Cartwright
    4. Hudson
    5. Humphreys
    6. Torpy
    7. Schwass
    8. Tuiasau
    9. Fletcher
    10. Iodice
    11. Coleman
    12. Wright
    13. Wilson

14. Watts
    15. Schwass
    16. Berkers/Maloney
    17. Lawton

I spoke to Dan last night & asked about Cartwright, he said he was excellent in the centres making plenty of meters on his opposing much older opposition so i'll back Dan's assessment & have him in the centres for round 1 with Schwassy the obvious choice for Skipper
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I spoke to Dan last night & asked about Cartwright, he said he was excellent in the centres making plenty of meters on his opposing much older opposition so i'll back Dan's assessment & have him in the centres for round 1 with Schwassy the obvious choice for Skipper
    I've heard the same from him mate...apparently Carty has really stepped up and the extra weight he has put on seems to be going to good use. 6'4 is a big frame to fill out but he's doing a good job of it.

Schwassy would be my captain too even though his max bench press is an embarrassing 40kg

Junior

I've heard the same from him mate...apparently Carty has really stepped up and the extra weight he has put on seems to be going to good use. 6'4 is a big frame to fill out but he's doing a good job of it.

Schwassy would be my captain too even though his max bench press is an embarrassing 40kg
    lol lol @ schwassy bench press max. thats terrible for someone who is meant to be a personal trainer

He bluffs his way through weight training easier than others because he has a Stunt Double he can use
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    He bluffs his way through weight training easier than others because he has a Stunt Double he can use
    rumour has it that dan schwass is actually benching more than his "stunt double"

Quote Originally Posted by charged2go View Post
    rumour has it that dan schwass is actually benching more than his "stunt double"
    Seriously I think they have charged the wrong players if that's the case
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Crius View Post
    Good Team and probably very close to team selected, but just my team would be same except for:
    Meka for Cartwright
    D. Schwass & Grant in halves
    H. Schwass or Berkers in for Wright (good player but he has not played a 20s game yet and others imo have better trial form - but Coach will prob pick Wright)
    Interchange:
    Torpy in for Watts
    Wright/berkers/H.Schwass/Clarke (cant decide)
    Maloney
    Lawton

- - - Updated - - -

Also Schwass & Coleman for co-capt, as Schwass good talker and will be playmaker - good player but needs to go to line more and he will create havoc as his size will attract defenders and with runners on good lines = trys. Coleman just impresses me and leads by example/actions & has great experience & from watching trials, other players respect him (Huddo will also be good leader in team)
    Cheers Titan C I think HS team named would be close and I think Woolfy would go with 2 props a Utility and a pivot,hooker/5-8/half just cant name who would fill the positions having only watched the TWEED trial.