Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: Titans NYC 2015

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by charged2go View Post
    Totally agree Renegade, either way a quality player is going to be left out as someone needs to make way for Rory Humphreys who has been in stellar form! Who would you like to see make way for GL?
    Well hahaha as an arm chair coach, i guess it all depends on what the club/side is wanting to achieve from the remainder of the 20s comp. Realistically can we make play offs? Probably not. Do we want to play safe and conservative or shake the comp up a little? Do we blood younger players who will be of age next year, meaning some of the 20 year olds that aren't re-signed go back to playing Cup, or A-Grade.

Current backline -
    Huddo
    Spring
    Berkers
    Kelly
    Humphries
    Schwass
    Torpy

How many of those are still eligible for 20's next year? Or have been offered a NRL contract or 2nd tier contract?? Only one I know of at the moment is Kelly. Correct me if Im wrong.

So back to your question lol, GL could play a number of positions, fullback due to Huddo leaving, centre for berkers who moves back to 2nd row, or wing for Spring (safe and solid). However, to throw a spanner in the works GL has played a lot of lower grade footy in the halves. So could replace Schwass or Torpy, either or. GL can play a Milford type role, just let him run. haha anyways, who knows. Be could to see the boys shake up the comp in these last few rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Well hahaha as an arm chair coach, i guess it all depends on what the club/side is wanting to achieve from the remainder of the 20s comp. Realistically can we make play offs? Probably not. Do we want to play safe and conservative or shake the comp up a little? Do we blood younger players who will be of age next year, meaning some of the 20 year olds that aren't re-signed go back to playing Cup, or A-Grade.

Current backline -
    Huddo
    Spring
    Berkers
    Kelly
    Humphries
    Schwass
    Torpy

How many of those are still eligible for 20's next year? Or have been offered a NRL contract or 2nd tier contract?? Only one I know of at the moment is Kelly. Correct me if Im wrong.

So back to your question lol, GL could play a number of positions, fullback due to Huddo leaving, centre for berkers who moves back to 2nd row, or wing for Spring (safe and solid). However, to throw a spanner in the works GL has played a lot of lower grade footy in the halves. So could replace Schwass or Torpy, either or. GL can play a Milford type role, just let him run. haha anyways, who knows. Be could to see the boys shake up the comp in these last few rounds.
    Of the current backline Hudson is off to the cowboys on a 2 year deal and the rest other than kelly are not on any 2016 contracts anywhere as of yet...

As for GL i would be interested to see how he would go in the halves to be completely honest, it would be good to give him a license to run the ball whenever he wanted and he would really trouble defenders... could be a possibility if torpy or schwass get an opportunity in qld cup

NYC Televised tomorrow Sunday 11.45am kick off... Fox Sports 1.

Rory Humphreys out, GL to wing and Brian Kelly to centre. Side as named otherwise.

NYC PREVIEW: Titans v Storm
    http://www.titans.com.au/

Gold Training under-20s centre Rory Humphreys will again be sidelined with a shoulder and will be replaced by 18-year-old Greg Lelesiuao in tomorrow’s clash with Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park tomorrow (11.45am kick-off).

That will be the only change to the starting line-up tomorrow with Rhys Duke dropping off the originally selected six-man bench.

The Storm will be desperate for victory, needing the two points to stay in touch with eighth-placed Wests Tigers who are two points ahead on the ladder but with a for-and-against average that Melbourne can’t match.

When Ben Woolf’s side last visited AAMI Park they were 16-0 behind inside 15 minutes but then fired home to win convincingly, with the NRL following with a 28-26 victory in a great day for the club.

“We were disappointing against the Eels last week and just started too slowly, so that’s going to be a key against the Storm – coming out with good intent,” said coach Woolf.

“Rory’s shoulder hasn’t come up and he’ll be missed; he was in good form and runs strong and direct but Greg is capable of anything, although he would have been disappointed with his game last week.”

Max Elliott has recovered from a knee injury that saw him drop out of Monday night’s loss to the Eels and he will be a welcomed addition to the pack with his aggression and high workrate.

The Gold Training under-20s team is: Hudson (capt), Lelesiuao, Kelly, Berkers, Spring, D Schwass, Torpy, Tuiasau, Lawton, Elliott, Wright, H Schwass, Wilson (capt). Interchange: Gillham, Hughes, Colman, Law.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Don't forget this game is live on Fox1
    #itaintweaktospeak

Under 20 boys playing well. The 5/8 Schwass playing well seems very mature or that not much fazes him. Bench hooker plays with plenty of energy. 30-26 to Titans after 66 minutes.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Credit where credit is due, I thought Torpy's kicking game was excellent today. Also put a few players into space with nice pass selection.

Hayden Schwass is our best player in 20's imo. I'd love to see him have an off-season with out top squad.

Disappointing loss today for our boys. I thought they were the better team today.

Our maker defense is the reason we are so inconsistent
    #itaintweaktospeak

IMO it looks like we struggle to match opposition sides in the middle due to our size and because of this is makes it very difficult for Schwass/Torpy to play off the back of it against a set defensive line... take the two tries against the run of play off them and the game is ours... much improved effort since last weeks effort against the Eels.

Immortal

Anthony Coleman to make his Intrust Super Cup debut For Tweed this week. also good to se Jerome Veve an an extended bench and Anthony Watts back from injury

Daniel and Hayden Schwass will also be playing Qcup for Burleigh. Oshae might make the shift up too.

Rory and Berkers could be injured for this game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Daniel and Hayden Schwass will also be playing Qcup for Burleigh. Oshae might make the shift up too.

Rory and Berkers could be injured for this game as well.
    dropped again
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    dropped again
    i believe it is a promotion to play qld cup TP... with burleigh having the bye next week, expect the twin brothers to come back into the NYC side for the Raiders game next sunday... Good luck to them and also to Colman. If you are interested I believe the Bears are televised on Sunday at 1.40pm on channel 9 (qld) up against Sunshine Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by charged2go View Post
    i believe it is a promotion to play qld cup TP... with burleigh having the bye next week, expect the twin brothers to come back into the NYC side for the Raiders game next sunday... Good luck to them and also to Colman. If you are interested I believe the Bears are televised on Sunday at 1.40pm on channel 9 (qld) up against Sunshine Coast.
    I was actually heading out to down town Stanthorpe with the twins mum to watch the game but we decided watching on Chanel 9 should suffice
    #itaintweaktospeak

Braden Mcgrady will debut for 20's tomorrow as well