Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans NYC 2015

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBear View Post
    Thanks MDrew enjoyed that article where discusses the experienced players like Oshea, Wilson, Iodice, Hudson & Coleman and the squad is ready to go & seems to be training the house down (great to get previous reports also from Hail Sezer & Titan Pete about their training) and they are all very good players, fantastic that the Club is giving our top 20 players experience in NRL training Squad, that is invaluable and step in the right direction for our club, one of them may get a NRL start one game this year. GO TITANS
    This is a great read and I second that Titan Bear that anyone of these boys named can step up if given the chance!!Will miss the start of the season due to work but hope to at least see a couple of there trials while im still here.Top 8 boys head down rip in..GOOD LUCK FOR 2015!!

Agree its a great read, and hopefully a lot of these players will step up after a year under their belt. Also the Titans Webpage has been updated with most of the players profiles for the NYC know done which is good to put a face to the name.

Immortal

I know that we are pretty well covered at hooker with Jennan, Deacon and Chris Law (Cowboys) but I am very disappointed to see Joe Besgrove (Tweed Seagulls) head down to play NYC for Souths. He is a talented footballer, best of luck, can not blame Titans for this one, just one of those things with a lot of talented players at the same position

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I know that we are pretty well covered at hooker with Jennan, Deacon and Chris Law (Cowboys) but I am very disappointed to see Joe Besgrove (Tweed Seagulls) head down to play NYC for Souths. He is a talented footballer, best of luck, can not blame Titans for this one, just one of those things with a lot of talented players at the same position
    Souths sniped another Titan Junior hooker last year as well, Aaron Booth. Northern Rivers kid, but played MM for the coast

Hi guys anyone heard when the 20s trials are??

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the titan View Post
    Hi guys anyone heard when the 20s trials are??
    This weekend

They have split the squad in to 2 teams who will play 2 seperate games

Unsure on exact lineups but I know one team has Schwass bros, deacon, lawto, spring, humphreys, connors and greg l. Other lineup has Huddo and Kelly and I'd assume some others from last year too so they seem fairly even

Apparently Schwass bros,Huddo, Wilson, Coleman and Iodice are sitting out this weekends trials in preparation for next weekend

Looks like nothing has changed with the Titans media dept nothing once again on our NYC, I wish they would have a look at other clubs websites and they might learn that YES some people are interested in the juniors of the club, other clubs websites do this very well

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Crius View Post
    Does anyone know the NYC selected teams for this weekends trials?
    Some of the MM Cup Titan contracted players are heading up and it will be a Titans 20's development squad that will be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Looks like nothing has changed with the Titans media dept nothing once again on our NYC, I wish they would have a look at other clubs websites and they might learn that YES some people are interested in the juniors of the club, other clubs websites do this very well
    I agree it's really difficult getting information on the NYC. Would be good to hear how their training is going and see some photo's. What the makeup of the teams are for Saturday.
    They are the future of the club!

Immortal

U20s on show in Toowoomba

Thu 5th February, 09:14AM

The Titans under-20s begin their 2015 campaign with trials in Toowoomba on Saturday before the NRL team’s clash with the Warriors.

Most of coach Ben Woolf’s pre-season squad of more than 40 players will go through their paces at Clive Berghofer Stadium.

Some will be involved in the Titans development squad’s clash with the Clydesdale’s under-20s at 3.20pm before the Holden Cup side takes on the Clydesdales’ first grade team at 4.50pm (the NRL clash begins at 7pm).

So Titans fans making the trip up to the Darling Downs can see plenty of action on the day, with local matches from 12.30pm. The under-20s team is listed below.

Coach Woolf has been putting the squad through rigorous training since early November and only four players look like having a late start to the season because of injury – prop Harrison Hughes (shoulder), Chris Lawler (knee), Tevita Folau (knee) and Ellery Tausa (knee).

Those not playing at Toowoomba will start their season in a trial match against Tweed Heads Seagulls Intrust Super Cup side the following Saturday (February 14) at Piggabeen Sports Complex at 3.30pm. It’s a great opportunity for Titans fans to see some of the stars of the future in action.

The following weekend the side will travel to Rockhampton where they will play a curtain-raiser to a Blackhawks v Capras match.

Woolf is happy with the progress of his squad and is looking for a significant improvement from their performances in 2014, with several of the squad benefitting from a full season of Holden Cup behind them.

They will run out against Wests Tigers at Cbus Super Stadium on March 7 with 14 players who were regulars in last year’s team in Jackson Clarke (pictured), Parahi Wilson, Daniel Schwass, Harrison Hughes, Brian Kelly, Anthony Coleman, Zac Spring, Oshae Tuiasau, Deacon Fletcher, James Iodice, Jayden Connors, Rory Humphreys, Shaun Hudson and Karl Lawton, plus others who played several matches.

“We’re aiming to be a lot more consistent side and more disciplined over the 80 minutes and if we do that I think we showed last season we can compete against the best sides,” said Woolf.

“We’ll have a bit more size in the team this year too and that is something we lacked last season.

“The boys have been training really well and the attitude has been great so it will be good to get on the paddock this weekend and get an indication of how we are progressing.”

The team for the 4.50pm clash in Toowoomba on Saturday night is:

1 Jayden Connors

2 Brett Stratton

3 Christian Mika

4 Simione Fatefahi

5 Ethan Page

6 Braydon Mcmahon

7 Sam Grant

8 Cade Maloney

9 Jenan W- Parrish

10 Shane Gillham

11 Rhys Duke

12 Max Elliott

13 Cameron Kelleher

14 Sam Swift

15 Jackson Clarke
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 05-02-15 at 02:09 PM.

Cheers mdrew! Wish we got to see the development side as well

Man those backs have some size with Fatafehi, Page, Mika and Stratton isn't by any means small either. Jayden will have a field day running off offloads from them

I may be wrong but I thought Jayden picked up a serious injury in the offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought Jayden picked up a serious injury in the offseason?
    he did mate - has only began running recently but he will be right

- - - Updated - - -

Just got news from Dan that the "U20s" and "U20s development Squad" are pretty much an even split in terms of ability, the only difference being that the development squad has a few u18 eligible players too (such as Greg L)