Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans NYC 2015

Game Times

Date: Sunday 12 July

Venue: Pizzey Park

11.30am FOGS Colts Burleigh v Redcliffe

1.00pm NYC Gold Coast Titans v Manly

3.00pm QLD Cup Burleigh v Redcliffe
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 07-07-15 at 04:33 PM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Game Times

Date: Sunday 14 July

Venue: Pizzey Park

11.30am FOGS Colts Burleigh v Redcliffe

1.00pm NYC Gold Coast Titans v Manly

3.00pm QLD Cup Burleigh v Redcliffe
    Thanks Titan Pete, it's just now come up on Burleigh Bears web page :P

Immortal

Adrian Vowles just said that the Titans do not want to keep Brian Kelly and that he may end up at South Sydney. That would be very disappointing!

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Adrian Vowles just said that the Titans do not want to keep Brian Kelly and that he may end up at South Sydney. That would be very disappointing!
    Yeah just heard that and the commentators mentioned it a few times, but then a text was sent through to the commentators from Jamie Mathiou saying what they where saying was incorrect and that Kelly is a part of the Titans future

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Heard that and was spewing! But it was nice to hear Jamie Mathiou msg'd them to tell them to get their facts straight and that he's not going anywhere. Brian ws very good tonight with four tries. All our boys went well

Knew the commentators mail was off. They also thought he was Albert Kelly's little brother..facepalm.

Brian was superb. Great finisher. All our boys went well though

Immortal

Good news all round!

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan2015 View Post
    Commentators could be on the money, heard there's a few guys not happy. Would hate to lose our young talent
    Unwarranted speculation isn't welcomed thanks mate

Junior

Commentators could be on the money, heard there's a few guys not happy. Would hate to lose our young talent
    And what would the players be unhappy at??

There is no doubt that the boys try hard week in and week out and their level of commitment and attitude to turn up each week to play is unquestionable. Many a game they could role over and let the points be racked up but they stick it out.

To me, we struggle due to a shear lack of size and physicality. We are not a big side, especially in the forwards. But signs are bright in terms of players stepping up. GL, TRD and Kelly in the backs all have bright futures along with Josh and David Fauid. I will be interested to see where we recruit in terms of forwards and size. Keanu Dawson gone, Jonah Haas is aggressive and big but lacks discipline, Sam Elliot is another player in similar mold of player we have now, Sam Swift is not the biggest of lads, but a great ball player. We need a couple players built like Sipley or Asofa-Solomona etc.

Is TF2015 a reincarnation of TF92? Don't be such a sook ... HS is also entitled to his opinion.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Agree renegadeGC it has been an issue for years with the titans we always seem a lot smaller especially in the forwards and teams seem to roll over us we just need a few big boppers on the production line, but don't get me wrong our guys although smaller always give 110% commitment and that's what wins them games there attitude and work for each other

Junior

Have to reply to this.... Think you missed my point. Never said they don't give anything but 110%. Just saying there is going to be a few signing elsewhere next year.......
    Oh I wasn't reply to that, was just my thoughts in general in terms of size and physicality etc. And each to their own in terms of opinions etc.

I'm not to phased if players look else where, rugby league is a business and players need to look after them selves. Im pretty sure our recruitment will have the players we want to keep locked up.

If others go then so be it, lol no skin off my nose. To be blunt I would be happy to see a few go

Yes he is certainly entitled to his opinion but apparently my opinion is unwelcome that's why I'm leaving not cause I'm a sook, just over the whole forum thing anyway
    Mate, I'm the Forum cynic and resident old fart so everyone takes shots at me but strangely enough it's the obtuse opinions that keep the communtiy alive ... man-up and keep 'em at it.

On topic, if we don't have a view towards keeping every possible player that we can then we become ... Parra-bloody-matta.

And I totally agree that we need size. Is it too much of a stretch that we kick the fugging Tigpies out of Keebra and keep ours.? Or is possible that Rohan Smith, or HS for that matter, start raiding the stocks of North Island high schools? Why don't we identify the better Kiwi nurseries and do a Tigpies on them?
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-07-15 at 02:01 PM.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

On topic, if we don't have a view towards keeping every possible player that we can then we become ... Parra-bloody-matta.
    I should have reworded correctly.. lol not necessarily get rid of all the players, but having the ability to retain the top end players from the SEQ and Northern NSW region. I believe we are making inroads in to NZ, with a number of players having signed with us. Some big bobbas would do nicely lol. From what I have heard there may also be someone in NZ now working on behalf of the Titans to set up an academy of some sort as well.

As for Tigers, they blanket cover a lot of kids from NZ. Give them part scholarships with the hope of getting 3 or 4 good ones out of about 40. This is good for them, but not for the kids themselves. Most come over thinking that they have made the big time because they get offered a scholarship to Benji Marshalls school Keebra. Not only do the kids think this but so do the parents. Welfare and care of the players isn't big on their list and you wonder why there is so depression amongst young kiwi and polynesian players. The kids and parents need to be educated on the realities of football. 2% will go on and play topside. 8% will make NYC.

Im all for getting and signing kids from NZ. But not uprooting and bringing them over when they 14-15 etc. I think we(Titans) are doing a better job at this than most. Bostyn for example moves over this year at age of 17 (they should be some what more mature and able to handle being away from friends and family).

Sure RGC, I get all of that ... I brought PNG players down during my coaching days and understand the issues that need to be addressed, however, with careful selection, honest negotiations and due diligence on player maintenance all of those issues can be solved. I make this point because we don't need a flood of such talent, just a shoring-up of our own resources.