Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans NYC 2015

Terrible news as it looks like unfortunately Jayden Connors could be out for the 2015 season as he has torn a ligament and chipped the bone in his ankle. 2015 will have been his last year in u20s and he is a very talented fullback who was one of our best at the back end of 2014. Very exciting young player.

I'd like to wish him all the best in his recovery, and hopefully he is back out on the field sometime next year

Good to see a video of Woolfy talking about how the first 4 weeks have been for the boys,anyone know when the squad is named?

If there is currently 40 how many will remain in the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the titan View Post
    Good to see a video of Woolfy talking about how the first 4 weeks have been for the boys,anyone know when the squad is named?
    Totally agree great to see some video on the 20's something that the Titans media dept have lacked in doing the last couple of years hopefully their is plenty more to come of the 20's training and their preparation heading into this season

Just jumped on website and noticed there are a few new names on the profile page for the NYC, still all the old names and profiles also so must be updating. Hopefully we get to see or hear wolfy announce the NYC squad

My thoughts on our starting team for next season:

1. Connors
    2. Kelly
    3. Hudson
    4. Humphreys/Page
    5. Spring/Folau
    6. Schwass
    7. Fletcher
    8. Tuiasau
    9. Parrish
    10. Iodice
    11. Coleman
    12. Swift/Wright
    13. Wilson

Schwass to captain.

Unsure on interchange at this stage

There is also the chance the Deacon could stay at hooker with Torpy or Grant going to 7

Immortal

My possible side

Shaun Hudson – Good runner of the football and is adept at setting up his outside supports
    Zac Spring – Just seems to know how to find the try line
    Brian Kelly – Played all of last year on the wing, but played his junior football in the centres, big, strong and fast
    Ethan Page – Massive centre with size and strength
    Tevita Folau – Missed all of last season but very talented
    Danial Schwass – Good organiser and leader
    Deacon Fletcher – Nuggety feisty player who can also play hooker
    Oshae Tuiasau - Was one of our best forwards last year until injury struck
    Jennan Wedderburn Parrish – classy hooker with good distribution and knows when to run
    James Iodice – Aggressive hard hitting forward
    Pharis Wilson - Really surprised me last year
    Anthony Coleman – A real talent, hopefully gets some time in 1st grade or at least QCup
    Shane Wright – Very good ball skills on the fringes of the ruck

Sam Swift – The best junior footballer I personally have seen
    Nathan Watts – I think will surprise people with his whole hearted effort
    Harrison Hughes – hard worker with skills to back it up
    Karl Lawnton – Can play a number of positions.

Really wanted to find spots for Max Elliot Keanu Dawson, Daymeric Pelo, Josh Berkers, Jordan Scott etc

I will be interested to see how front rowers Rapene Bruce, Albert Hunkin and Kade Maloney go in the trials Bruce and Hunkin in particular have a fair bit of size about them

PS - I am assuming Jayden Connors will not be back from injury until after the start of the season

Greg L is training with the squad at the moment. Been told he's doing a few weeks at a time due to his location being so far away

Junior

Kid can play.. I wonder if he will play MM for Souths Logan or will come down here. I wouldn't think travel would be too much of an issue. I know of players that have traveled further in the past. Not that hard especially when train station is right there.

The boys got flogged at Tallabudgeraba yesterday for 2 hours & weren't looking too Happy after the session , I did ask a couple of the boys if there was anyone having a chuck but surprisingly no one did to me that says their fitness levels must be pretty good..

I did notice a few new faces I'm not familiar with & one of them is a PNG boy who looks like a ready made Hooker , one of the coaches says he can't speak 2 words of English & just nods & smile a lot , good to see more of our Northern neighbors getting a shot at a Proffesional level
    #itaintweaktospeak

Hey guys anyone know if the team has been cut yet,as well as who,where and when there trials will be.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the titan View Post
    Hey guys anyone know if the team has been cut yet,as well as who,where and when there trials will be.
    My nephew is one of MM Squads and he said they having a fairly solid oppose session next Saturday against the Titans 20s squad.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Greg L is training with the squad at the moment. Been told he's doing a few weeks at a time due to his location being so far away
    Greg L, from Souths Logan has been added to the GC MM Program for this year. So no doubt that means he will play 20s at some stage this year

Greg L and Shaun Hudson are the only ones training at fullback at the moment with Connors being injured.

I have no idea why this sped up so much but just so you guys can get a look at Greg, here is some footage of some of his footwork in MM cup last year. godspeed

Junior

Titans 20s will be running an opposed session against both MM Cup sides this Saturday at Robina Reserve