Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Titans NYC 2015

Default Titans NYC 2015

With 2014 done and dusted and a new crop of youngsters coming through, a 2015 NYC thread seems appropriate

Open trial callbacks were held today. Jenan Parish played to make up numbers and both him and some others who witnessed the trial said that there was some talent on show.

Did anyone else attend the open trials?

- - - Updated - - -

Neil Henry was apparently at the open trial as well, taking notes. Good to see his involvement extend down to that level.

Immortal

Heke was supurb, Jodan Scott also played and looked good.

Great to see Henry attend, and hopefully Heke signs with us before the warriors trials.

Hopefully we see some of our NYC youngsters come through to the top grade. Guys like Elgey and Coleman who have been superb for the 20s this year. Thanks to mdrew and HS who provide updates about open trials and other games concerning our juniors.

Good to hear Henry was at the trials and looking over the talent. Let's hope he is serious about junior development as that was one of Carty's main problems (besides the fact he couldn't coach).

Caleb Heke was ok today didn't score a long range try though. The kid who was the standout today was greg lelesiuao scored a long range try for titans jersey team. 17 year old from Woodridge has destroyed every trial he has played for titans. Signed with titans till 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Titani View Post
    Caleb Heke was ok today didn't score a long range try though. The kid who was the standout today was greg lelesiuao scored a long range try for titans jersey team. 17 year old from Woodridge has destroyed every trial he has played for titans. Signed with titans till 2017
    Welcome

Apologies if he didn't - just going off what I've heard.

Have never heard of this Greg. Would you be able to elaborate? What position is he, for example

Greg is a fullback came off the bench as only 17 this year. Bit of an unknown this year out of Woodridge. From all reports has been outstanding in 17's 18's and 20's trials. Looked fast strong and powerful today against older opposition. I think there may have been confusion on the fullbacks as he was definitely best fullback today. Didn't want any confusion if Heke wasn't signed by titans

Greg is a fullback came off the bench as only 17 this year. Bit of an unknown this year out of Woodridge. From all reports has been outstanding in 17's 18's and 20's trials. Looked fast strong and powerful today against older opposition. I think there may have been confusion on the fullbacks as he was definitely best fullback today. Didn't want any confusion if Heke wasn't signed by titans
    Mate Ill double check but thanks for the clarification if that is the case

So was greg signed up before the trial?

- - - Updated - - -

Have just double checked with Jenan and he reckons greg was a gun. So confused but I think you might be right mate.

I think they signed him from a local school comp titans cup during the year

Immortal

Greg Lelesiuao was signed after doing well in the Four and Twenty Cup earlier this year, good luck to the young man, hope he continues to do well

Yes he was ok Caleb Heke too be honest be lucky too get a spot.As for the kid named Greg L this kid should play 20s next year and only 17 he has a massive future,speed power and vision reminded me of a young Karmichael Hunt..Best player easily,another couple too impress me were Jordy Scott and the kid in the 13 for the Titan team tough no nonsense young lock.Anyone at the trial know if the 8 in the titans team was Nathan Watts??didn't really impress me at all but may go alrite after a good pre season.

Immortal

Pretty sure Watts was the 8, the 13 is tough and from Burleigh I believe. Agree thought Jordan Scott did well. Good to hear different opinions on players we all look at different things, for me I did think Heke did well, but to each their own. A great initiative by the Titans to look at different players.

Immortal

Cameron Kelleher was the 13 apologies he played for Tweed not Burleigh, originally from Sawtell in Group 2 apparently

Immortal

It will be interesting to see where Greg Lelesiuao ends up, he played some 5/8 for Souths Logan in the Mal Meninga Cup this year and seems to be a goal kicker as well. Scored a lot of tries across schoolboy and MM football. Promising signs for the future for him and the Titans, one for us to keep an eye on.

Hope he makes the squad and does well and the team goes well for 2015 season.