Page 89 of 281 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Manly forum is frantic. 27 different people claiming they know someone who knows Kane or that they know someone who's roommate's dogs owners brothers step-dad's landlords cousin knows Kane and therefore they have inside info. It's exhausting to read.

I really hope we can re-sign both LG and JR this week to put my mind at ease.

Also, centre options are incredibly thin given Gagai re-signing with Newcastle so really have no clue who we are going to target. It seems as if we are either looking to
    a) sign a young-gun centre for the long term
    b) sign a fullback and move hoff to centre

This will be a good test to see what Mathiou can do when our options are thin.
    What makes you think option B is a possibility HS? Have I missed something? Zillman doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
    More and more, I'm thinking Elgey has already signed elsewhere and is holding off on the announcement. Just a gut feeling. Reading between the lines of that last article ... doesn't look good for us.
    Plenty of good options for centre still I reckon. I'll back Mathiou to get us some win for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    What makes you think option B is a possibility HS? Have I missed something? Zillman doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
    More and more, I'm thinking Elgey has already signed elsewhere and is holding off on the announcement. Just a gut feeling. Reading between the lines of that last article ... doesn't look good for us.
    Plenty of good options for centre still I reckon. I'll back Mathiou to get us some win for next season.
    The weird link to Alex Johnston and the fact that there are no centres left, lel.

I think Kane was just trying to be very diplomatic and it's come across as a bit of an empty response to what should have been something like "I would like to stay on the coast". I get a strong sense that his manager is just trying to drive up his price and this stems from his original comments saying that our "offer" indicated that we were looking elsewhere. In other words, the money wasn't enough although he didn't want to make it sound like they were hunting dollars.

Neil coming out and cutting to the chase that we are in fact not doing this is huge and trumps any argument about us not seeing Kane as DCE's halves partner and therefore nullifies his manager's comments about a lack of "opportunity" to be a starting half.

Keeping fingers crossed and remaining optimistic.

The weird link to Alex Johnston and the fact that there are no centres left, lel.

I think Kane was just trying to be very diplomatic and it's come across as a bit of an empty response to what should have been something like "I would like to stay on the coast". I get a strong sense that his manager is just trying to drive up his price and this stems from his original comments saying that our "offer" indicated that we were looking elsewhere. In other words, the money wasn't enough although he didn't want to make it sound like they were hunting dollars.

Neil coming out and cutting to the chase that we are in fact not doing this is huge and trumps any argument about us not seeing Kane as DCE's halves partner and therefore nullifies his manager's comments about a lack of "opportunity" to be a starting half.

Keeping fingers crossed and remaining optimistic.
    Your 'reading between the lines' game is strong!
    To my knowledge, no-one at the club has said we're looking at Alex Johnston, and imo we are no chance. We have, on the other hand hand had confirmation from Neil that we are in the market for a strike centre (of which there are plenty coming off contract next year).

I'd love to believe the elaborate Elgey smokescreen you suggest. No doubt his manager is driving up his price. I think we can both agree that he is going to get more $$ from manly. In terms of opportunity, whether we're chasing another half or not, when Mortimer inevitably gets his jersey back at Kane's expense what message does that send? In the current climate, only a few coaches can successfully pull off the 'you are a work in progress trust me kid, bide your time and you'll be a star' line ... IMO, Henry is not one of them (case in point, James Segeyaro).

I think the only card we have left to play (and one I'm sure Elgey and his management are waiting to see if we're willing to play) is to go all in with Elgey at 7 going forward, and letting Mortimer play off the bench (if at all). I just can't see Henry doing this though (considering the Zill-factor), and therefore can't see Elgey sticking around to play second fiddle on the coast. In this case, I would LOVE to be wrong.

Henry has mastered the "player b has some things to work on"
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Your 'reading between the lines' game is strong!
    To my knowledge, no-one at the club has said we're looking at Alex Johnston, and imo we are no chance. We have, on the other hand hand had confirmation from Neil that we are in the market for a strike centre (of which there are plenty coming off contract next year).

I'd love to believe the elaborate Elgey smokescreen you suggest. No doubt his manager is driving up his price. I think we can both agree that he is going to get more $$ from manly. In terms of opportunity, whether we're chasing another half or not, when Mortimer inevitably gets his jersey back at Kane's expense what message does that send? In the current climate, only a few coaches can successfully pull off the 'you are a work in progress trust me kid, bide your time and you'll be a star' line ... IMO, Henry is not one of them (case in point, James Segeyaro).

I think the only card we have left to play (and one I'm sure Elgey and his management are waiting to see if we're willing to play) is to go all in with Elgey at 7 going forward, and letting Mortimer play off the bench (if at all). I just can't see Henry doing this though (considering the Zill-factor), and therefore can't see Elgey sticking around to play second fiddle on the coast. In this case, I would LOVE to be wrong.
    Totally agree - the biggest deciding factor going forward is going to be whether or not Henry persists with Kane at 7 when he has Mortimer available. Like most, I'm hoping Kane holds down that #7 for the remainder of this year. TLT today should tell a fair bit

Junior

Totally agree - the biggest deciding factor going forward is going to be whether or not Henry persists with Kane at 7 when he has Mortimer available. Like most, I'm hoping Kane holds down that #7 for the remainder of this year. TLT today should tell a fair bit
    Morts is probably still not fit this week judging by the Titans injury update so next week will be the true indicator. Let's hope LG really cements the spot with a good performance. I hope Henry's thinking is that LG is no worse than Mortimer even as a nervous newcomer but with enormous potential while the latter has shown all he's got in the halves.
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

One thing I definitely don't want to do is put any sh1te on Manly, however as HS says the Manly forum has plenty of comments about Elgey.
    One thing that has been more recently commented about, and something that is probably realistic, is the Manly coaching situation. The general view is why go to Manly if you don't know who will be coaching them next year, especially with 2V's background as a half. That will probably play into the Titans hands.....but who knows these days. Do Managers really care other than get the best $$ for their players and the best commission for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stupid View Post
    Morts is probably still not fit this week judging by the Titans injury update so next week will be the true indicator. Let's hope LG really cements the spot with a good performance. I hope Henry's thinking is that LG is no worse than Mortimer even as a nervous newcomer but with enormous potential while the latter has shown all he's got in the halves.
    I've read & heard Henry quoted a couple of times now something along the lines of "LG has played for us three times and we've won twice", so it seems that he is giving at least some credit to LG for the wins (and perhaps, given LG hasn't had a breakout performance yet, it is only in the sense that he is no worse than Mortimer but has much more potential). Based on that, if LG gets the nod against the Panthers this weekend and we get a third win in his four game career, then surely Henry would think twice about replacing him when Mortimer is injury-free?

Surely if you want to keep this guy whilst you are in the middle of contract negotiations you play him and hope he signs. Mortimer can come back through the bench like Barba had to after Bird had a blinder at 5/8 for the Sharks. If we don't play him then I don't blame him for going to Manly on bigger money and guarantee start.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...e810e4890c6af2

The page may be a bit long to post in full, feel free to do so anyone.
    Lets put our Recruitment hats on and put together the best team you can from the off contract players. try stay within the cap.
    my 2016 side would be-

1 J.Mamo or A.Johnston
    2 D.Tupou
    3 J.Hoffman
    4 J.Roberts
    5 D.Mead
    6 K.Elgey
    7 D.Cherry-Evans
    8 D.Lussick
    9 K.Mosely
    10 N.Myles
    11 D.Taylor
    12 A.Glenn
    13 C.Grevsmuhl

14 A. Passi/ E.Pettyborne
    15 L.Douglas
    16 J.Ofahengaue
    17 A.Docker

Took Bird Out, not worried either way if he leaves although i do believe he has been a good signing for the club.

18- Emergency/Concussion - W.Zillman

Bold Re-sign-
    Future to be decided: Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Jamie Dowling, Kane Elgey, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Beau Falloon, Jamal Fogarty, Christian Hazard, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Brad Tighe
    Last edited by Surfers66; 15-04-15 at 10:49 AM. Reason: added info

From NRL Fox Sports.

LATEST RUMOURS
    BIRD TO LEAVE NEST

Greg Bird continues to be linked with a host of clubs including Newcastle and Canberra for 2016.

The representative backrower is on the outer at the Titans and it is believed the club will not stand in his way should he request a release. The Titans are reportedly in talks with Eels backrower Darcy Lussick.

#TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Free up some cap, i would rather us keep Myles.

13 C.Grevsmuhl

I wouldn't mind a player like him. Although his work rate isn't overly high, he runs hard and consistently bends the line. I doubt Souths would let him go though.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    13 C.Grevsmuhl

I wouldn't mind a player like him. Although his work rate isn't overly high, he runs hard and consistently bends the line. I doubt Souths would let him go though.
    Or Glenn in 13 and Grevs in 12.

Do the locks today really do as much as they use to? I feel its a bit more explosive now with a shared defensive role with the hooker.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfers66 View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...e810e4890c6af2

The page may be a bit long to post in full, feel free to do so anyone.
    Lets put our Recruitment hats on and put together the best team you can from the off contract players. try stay within the cap.
    my 2016 side would be-

1 J.Mamo or A.Johnston
    2 D.Tupou
    3 J.Hoffman
    4 J.Roberts
    5 D.Mead
    6 K.Elgey
    7 D.Cherry-Evans
    8 D.Lussick
    9 K.Mosely
    10 N.Myles
    11 D.Taylor
    12 A.Glenn
    13 C.Grevsmuhl

14 A. Passi/ E.Pettyborne
    15 L.Douglas
    16 J.Ofahengaue
    17 A.Docker

Took Bird Out, not worried either way if he leaves although i do believe he has been a good signing for the club.

18- Emergency/Concussion - W.Zillman

Bold Re-sign-
    Future to be decided: Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Jamie Dowling, Kane Elgey, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Beau Falloon, Jamal Fogarty, Christian Hazard, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Brad Tighe
    im a massive fan of Mamo, I'd have him left wing instead of Tupou.

Keep Hoffy at fb bring up Crampton
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]