Page 6 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 106 ... LastLast

I would love to get Hoffman on board but I'm not very confident at all..Raiders and Warriors would both offer double what we could I'd imagine

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Why in the world would the raiders want Brett Stewart lol.

The Hoff will be a great buy but nowhere near the figures being thrown around.

By mid 2015 we will be dredding the wooden spoon, that much i can almost guarantee

- - - Updated - - -

Why in the world would the raiders want Brett Stewart lol.

The Hoff will be a great buy but nowhere near the figures being thrown around.

By mid 2015 we will be dredding the wooden spoon, that much i can almost guarantee
    Teke. I'm a bit more optimistic. I don't see us with the spoon or in the bottom three again next year. What is your reasons for saying we will???
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Beg to disagree ... we shouldn't go for Hoffman unless he is filling a very well identified specific need and I don't see that at all. Just buying players because they are on the market is a Cartwright ploy.

If we don't have the cash then we should only buy what we need. I would be happy to see some of the young guys given a fair crack and the senior players earning their keep ... this would give us a mid-table finish and something to springboard off. It may also start to give some hope to our younger blokes.

As far as Takairangi is concerned, offer him the same as he was originally and that'll do, otherwise the message is "desperation".

I don't know why we seem to be forgetting the older firm of Blair and Tighe ... they won't win us a premiership but they aren't hopeless either on that left side.

Let's not forget that ten months ago we believed that we were competitive and wanted to get rid of the coach, Searle, Bailey, Harrison and Minichiello ... well they've all gone, so what's different?

New coach, new support staff, new attitude plus a couple of new faces = great, imho. Bring on 2015 without Money Bill or the Sam Burger.
    Last edited by Titanic; 09-10-14 at 11:44 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

So realistically the Positions we need to look at are Centre, Half and Hooker. So of the players I see on the off contract list I think we would be a chance of getting, Jacob Loko, Kirisome Auva'a and Daniel Vidot in the Centre positon.

For the Hooker position we may have to look at the Super League I have found a couple of young hookers over there in Paul McShane and Logan Tomkins. Anyone know anything about them?

For the Half spot there really isn't much but I think Either Luke Keary or Jack Littlejohn would be good additions to the club.

Anyone but Auva'a. Not someone we want at the club

Just read we have signed Ryan simpkins again

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Beg to disagree ... we shouldn't go for Hoffman unless he is filling a very well identified specific need and I don't see that at all. Just buying players because they are on the market is a Cartwright ploy.

If we don't have the cash then we should only buy what we need. I would be happy to see some of the young guys given a fair crack and the senior players earning their keep ... this would give us a mid-table finish and something to springboard off. It may also start to give some hope to our younger blokes.

As far as Takairangi is concerned, offer him the same as he was originally and that'll do, otherwise the message is "desperation".

I don't know why we seem to be forgetting the older firm of Blair and Tighe ... they won't win us a premiership but they aren't hopeless either on that left side.

Let's not forget that ten months ago we believed that we were competitive and wanted to get rid of the coach, Searle, Bailey, Harrison and Minichiello ... well they've all gone, so what's different?

New coach, new support staff, new attitude plus a couple of new faces = great, imho. Bring on 2015 without Money Bill or the Sam Burger.
    Well said, mate. That pretty well covers it for me, plus a couple of other things I haven't considered previously.

That'll help cut out the previous crap 'n build a culture that inspires confidence in the players and fan base alike.
    Last edited by Toads; 09-10-14 at 04:32 PM.

Titans welcome Simpkins back to NRL club
    17:06 AEST Thu Oct 9 2014

Gold Coast have welcomed back inaugural Titans under-20s captain Ryan Simpkins back to the NRL club on a two-year deal.

Simpkins, 26, has spent the last three years at Penrith and played in the Panthers' NRL state championships loss last Sunday after chiming into their NSW Cup grand final victory.

The 26-year-old also played 27 NRL games for Penrith.

Simpkins is a back-rower like his father Ryan, a Gold Coast Seagulls player in 1988.

Simpkins - named at lock in the 2014 NSW Cup Team Of The Year - is the third back-rower signed for next year by the Titans, joining Kiwi and ex-Panther Matt Robinson and 22-year-old Lachlan Burr from Canterbury.

What is the club thinking resigning simpkins?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I have mixed feelings about us signing Simpkins.

Positive: Our inaugural u20s captain and a junior of the area. Also named in NSW cup team of the year.

Negative: Another second rower that we don't need! We already have a stacked forward pack and should be concentrating on a hooker/centre/half

Must have been a second tier cheapie, surely.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan92 View Post
    Joel Riethmuller and Ricky Thorby have been released by the Cowboys. Strong connection with Henry. Could they be on the way to the Titans?
    Both are average especially Thorby. No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Anyone but Auva'a. Not someone we want at the club
    Interested why you say that.
    Auva'a is a bloke with an attitude who will soon get a smack in the mouth but he is twice as talented as any centre we have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I have mixed feelings about us signing Simpkins.

Positive: Our inaugural u20s captain and a junior of the area. Also named in NSW cup team of the year.

Negative: Another second rower that we don't need! We already have a stacked forward pack and should be concentrating on a hooker/centre/half
    And a bloke who has hardly set the world on fire at Penrith.

I'd take roberts over auva any day
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

im sorta with Titanic here.

a new coaching structure which by all definitions is actually a new coaching structure with the chance at developing a squad.

So 2015 wont be a premiership, wont even be top 4 or 6 probably, but if we are playing consistently, with heart and skill and showing signs of an underlying improvement to give us faith that the next 3 or 4 years might be an upward trajectory, then that will do me.

cherry pick a good signing or two for 2016 and beyond as well as a few of our own kids coming through by then...cold we ask for much more considering our baseline and where we are right now?