Page 51 of 281 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 ... LastLast
    Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    First to admit neither Myles or Bird have been great for us but geez we must be travelling ok if we can let two current Origin forwards go. I was/am hoping that these two would pick up with new coaching and a better atmosphere about the place.
    Not only are Myles & Bird current Origin Players & picked in starting 13 I might add, they are also current Australian Reps and you cannot get much better than that than playing for your country. Only Injury kept Myles out of last Australian Squad. They have played their hearts out for our club and yes after origin have come back jaded but so do most origin stars that have been heavily involved and should have been managed better, but now under new coaching management they will be better, no great for they are great players, imo.

Sorry TC but don't agree at all ... if they brought to the club what they do at Origin time then there wouldn't be this conversation. Bird has been petulant in attitude and selfish in performance while Myles has been ponderous, plodding to the line with no creativeness.

I hope Henry has been able to correct that and maybe surgery will allow Myles to show something but we picked both these blokes up on the cheap and on the rebound so I am not optimistic.
    Last edited by Titanic; 19-02-15 at 10:38 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Good write up for us I reckon. Well pitched.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It's true that both Myles' and Bird's performance have been lacklustre in recent years, but we can't just let go our two major leaders at the drop of a hat. Though in saying that, I'll would give them half a season before we start testing the waters of the marketplace.
    Last edited by Pallas; 20-02-15 at 12:09 AM.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    @brentread_7 Big news at Gold Coast Titans as well, with captain Nate Myles off contract and being shopped to rival clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

Birdy and Myles could both be on the way out come 2016.

Brent Read also raised the point as to whether DCE was offered captaincy if he came and therefore we were waiting for DCE's decision before pulling the trigger on Myles
    @brentread_7: @DungeyLee I was stunned myself. Agent doing shopping. Titans waiting to make decision in whether to exercise option.

I'm not really surprised TBH. I was thinking about the possibility of Myles leaving us last year when his wife was diagnosed with cancer. Not sure where she is from , but my assumption is Sydney ( just an assumption) and if she is not doing so well still it kinda makes sense that she may want to move back to Sydney for more family support etc. It also may have had an impact on Myles performance throught out the year as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

i think we are beginning to plan our calary cap / roster a bit better. you cant pay two $500k odd forwards which arent hookers and still have money left for halves and fullbacks. id be happy with one to stay if they delivered. Bird gives all his effort, but chokes up the team. looking forward to seeing his form at 13.

Nate Myles is yet to lock in his future at Gold Coast

HE has been working overtime to convince Daly Cherry-Evans to move to the Gold Coast but Nate Myles is yet to secure his future on the glitter strip as he awaits an offer from the Titans for next *season.

It is understood Gold Coast have an option to retain their captain, but the club is yet to act on that clause. As a result, Myles’ situation is being closely monitored by a handful of clubs, including the Melbourne Storm.

While the Storm’s priority is to retain young prop Jordan McLean, the club could move on Myles should those negotiations reach an impasse. Myles has been on the Gold Coast since 2012 but his wife, Tessa James, was born, raised and educated in Melbourne.

Gold Coast officials declined to comment on negotiations with Myles when contacted by The Australian yesterday, although it has become clear in recent weeks that their priority is to lure *Cherry-Evans to the club.

Myles has been enlisted to help the cause. Earlier this week the club’s skipper, a State of Origin teammate of Cherry-Evans, offered to help the Manly No 7 with house hunting.

The uncertainty about Myles adds to the intrigue already surrounding former co-captain Greg Bird, whose future has been under the microscope since he lost a share of the leadership because of off-field issues. Bird has been linked with a move away from the Gold Coast, although club officials have stressed he is going nowhere.

Interestingly, Bird and Myles, both of whom were named in the Titans side for the club’s final trial against North Queensland in Cairns tomorrow night, are partners in a coffee shop on the Gold Coast.

Meanwhile, Manly players have downplayed the impact of negotiations surrounding the future of Cherry-Evans and five-eighth Kieran Foran.

Backrower Tom Symonds said the club could understand the pair taking their time to decide their future.

“They’re both excellent players,” Symonds said. “They’re in the news for the reason that they’re the two best players in the game (coming) off contract.”

Meanwhile, Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett has revived his interest in Trent Merrin, although Penrith remain short-priced favourites to secure the services of the St George Illawarra backrower.

It is understood Bennett used last week’s All Stars camp to sound out Merrin.

Merrin has already told St George Illawarra he will leave the club at the end of the season.

The Panthers are frontrunners to sign him for 2016, although Brisbane and Cronulla have muddied the waters.

Should the Broncos prevail, it may place fresh doubt over the future of former captain Sam Thaiday, who is coming off contract.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

OK I will get in first. We do not need to sign Karmichael Hunt - when he gets out that is.

Makes those of us (me) who were stressing how good K would've been for our club back when he was considering signing, feel a bit stupid. Bullet dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Makes those of us (me) who were stressing how good K would've been for our club back when he was considering signing, feel a bit stupid. Bullet dodged.
    I would have happily taken him as well. Of course he should be presumed innocent at this stage but if he is involved you just wonder why a guy earning so much would get involved in this.

I'm starting to think that sports "journalists" work for New Idea in their spare time. Isn't this just due process for a manager to see whats around for his client and give him options. These articles are just pure speculation and baseless. Does my head in!

As a Reds fan, the 47-3 blow out was pretty disappointing last Friday. Now we're yet to see if O'Conner can offer anything better.

EDIT: So we probably dodged two bullets.
    Last edited by Toads; 20-02-15 at 10:22 AM.

If we were to loose both Myles and Bird for mext year that will add about $1mil back to go after other players. IMO throw another $250k at DCE and spend the other $750k on 3 or so up and coming forwards.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

will need to upgrade LG it seems, so thats some money for him freed up

This better not be true

@packnaught: So has cleanskin DCE's value to the @GCTitans trebled today ? We live in interesting times �� Bring on March ASAP!

@RLW_Mole: @ceagles40nil @gctitans Safe to say he will NOT go to the Titans now.