Page 4 of 281 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Looks like weve missed out on ben hannant hes just signed a 1 year deal with cowboys, but antonio kafusi is on his way home to oz dont know where though
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Looks like weve missed out on ben hannant hes just signed a 1 year deal with cowboys, but antonio kafusi is on his way home to oz dont know where though
    Yeah just read that myself. We must not have had enough cash to sign Hannant. Kafusi I would think would struggle back in the NRL. He faded away before he went to the Super League.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

We don't want Kafusi but Hannant would have been good for us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We don't want Kafusi but Hannant would have been good for us.
    True. Hannant would have been good. I see that it's only a one year deal. Maybe Titans have the cash for 2016 so he may end up here anyway? Just a guess.

Also in 2016 like to see Dylan Napa here. Good young front rower.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

LOL, Hannett to Cowboys. Send the lad up there with a 44 Gallon drum of zinc cream, he's gunna need it.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    True. Hannant would have been good. I see that it's only a one year deal. Maybe Titans have the cash for 2016 so he may end up here anyway? Just a guess.

Also in 2016 like to see Dylan Napa here. Good young front rower.

I wouldn't want Hannant in 2016. He would be 31 at that point and not worth the money he would no doubt be asking for. I would rather chuck our money at a marquee Centre and Half and a decent Hooker. I agree I would also like to see Napa here but I don't see the Roosters letting him go without a fight.

Just heard that the tigers are not going to honour their agreement with takarangi and are not signing him.

So Jason Taylor has pulled out of Takarangi's three year deal with the Tigers. Taka may stay?

@RugbyLeagueNews: Wests Tigers have decided to pull out of a 3 year deal with Brad Takairangi that was agreed to last month. Call was made by Jason Taylor.

Taka either staying or going to Sharks/Storm is my guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toddythetitan View Post
    Disappointing to miss out on Hannant as he would have been a useful prop but I suppose we do already have a fairly stocked forward pack; Myles, Ioane, White, James, Binge etc

Rough treatment of Taka... Hope he finds a new club asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Disappointing to miss out on Hannant as he would have been a useful prop but I suppose we do already have a fairly stocked forward pack; Myles, Ioane, White, James, Binge etc
    Ioane will be our star in the making. I'm expecting he will shine as he racks up more game time.

What gets me is the tired excuse that we don't have the cash for any big signings. The latest - Hannant. Don't get me wrong I wasn't keen on the guy but if that's the reason we didn't get him then that's just utter bs. We haven't signed a marquee player in years, where is all this money going?

Sorry for the rant, but it's so damn frustrating...we don't seem to have any upcoming juniors and no top tier players being signed from other clubs either. How are we ever going to win a premiership this way? All I can say to Neil is - good luck, you're gonna need it with this squad.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 08-10-14 at 02:07 AM.

Titans coach Neil Henry considering Brad Takairangi return after Cowboys sign Ben Hannant
    TODD BALYM AND TRAVIS MEYN
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN
    OCTOBER 08, 2014 12:00AM

GOLD Coast coach Neil Henry says he is open to “considering” a return for Titan-turned-Tiger Brad Takairangi after the Sydney club told the utility yesterday that it had backflipped on a three-year deal for next season.

The crushing news for Takairangi, who only signed the deal with the Tigers last month, came hot on the heels of an announcement that potential Titans target Ben Hannant was off to the Cowboys.

Takairangi signed his deal before new Tigers coach Jason Taylor had been appointed.

The 25-year-old’s management was yesterday informed by the Tigers the deal was off. Takairangi, who worked with Taylor at the Roosters until he left in 2012, had only made the difficult choice to leave the Gold Coast after the Titans were unable to match the Tigers’ offer due to salary cap constraints.

Henry yesterday did not rule out talks with Takairangi again but admitted the club had almost filled its roster for 2015.

The Titans coach had been in talks with former Test prop and Gold Coast rugby league product Hannant for next year’s NRL season.

But Hannant yesterday shunned interest from the *Titans and agreed to terms on a one-year deal with North Queensland.

The 29-year-old will have to leave his Tallebudgera home in the hope of convincing Cowboys coach Paul Green he is a long-term front row option alongside Origin duo Matt Scott and James Tamou.

The Titans have announced just two signings for 2015, young forwards Matt Robinson (Penrith) and Lachlan Burr (Canterbury).

Despite losing experienced trio Ashley Harrison, Luke Bailey and Mark Minichiello this year, CEO Graham Annesley said the club did not have much space to move in its salary cap.

“We don’t have any room to sign a marquee player,” he said.

“We would be interested in an outside back if the right player became available but there’s nothing pending at the moment or any announcement coming.

“There might be some tweaking but that’s about it.

Ben Hannant has spurned interest from the Titans to join the North Queensland Cowboys next season. . Picture: Jono Searle.
    “There won’t be any big name coming into the squad. We just don’t have the room.”

Hannant, a six-Test prop who’s played 12 Origins for Queensland, believes he has plenty of football in front of him.

The 29-year-old, who has played 192 NRL games, has taken a salary cut to join the Cowboys from Brisbane.

“I’m really looking forward to the opportunities that playing with the Cowboys will present,” Hannant said.

“They have a high-calibre roster looking to take the next step and it’s going to be great to be able to train and play with the likes of JT (Johnathan Thurston) and Matt Scott who I know well from Origin.”

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    What gets me is the tired excuse that we don't have the cash for any big signings. The latest - Hannant. Don't get me wrong I wasn't keen on the guy but if that's the reason we didn't get him then that's just utter bs. We haven't signed a marquee player in years, where is all this money going?

Sorry for the rant, but it's so damn frustrating...we don't seem to have any upcoming juniors and no top tier players being signed from other clubs either. How are we ever going to win a premiership this way? All I can say to Neil is - good luck, you're gonna need it with this squad.
    Saying we don't have no upcoming juniors is a pretty big call when our u20's captain was named u20's player of the year last week. If that's not classified as an upcoming junior then I'm not sure what would be

Totally agree on the frustration that we don't seem to have any coin. Either there are some outrageously back ended contracts or the coaching and admin staff don't rate what is currently available on the market, so are banking for 2016.

Just read this morning that Jason Taylor has reneged Taka's deal with the Tigers and he is back on the open market..