Page 3 of 281 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Reports Gold Coast Gunning For Luke Keary
    Posted: 4 October, 2014 by Triple M NRL

Reports the Gold Coast Titans are keen on South Sydney Rabbitohs half Luke Keary.

The Australian's Brent Read revealed the Bunnies have allowed the 22-year-old to look around as the club battles to keep the likes of Adam Reynolds and Dylan Walker.

"They [Souths] have a number of players off-contract and Luke Keary is one of them...and I'm told the Gold Coast are looking at him," Read said on Saturday Triple M NRL.

"He did his latest deal when he wasn't a regular first grader and when he arrived at Souths he was rejected by other clubs."

Keary is currently fulfilling a contract he signed before he came into grade which means he is looking at a significant pay-rise.

The Titans have been criticised for not possessing a genuine match-winner which is one of the reasons they haven't made the finals in four years.
    Yep go after him for sure....

Good to try and bring the local product back. Might be a plan to develop him and Kane Edgley into a good local halves pairing. If so I'm all for it. Sezer contract is up at the end of 2015 as well as Kelly's. Morts is the end of 2016. If he signs it will be for 2016. Develope Edgley in the next two years and once Morts contract is done we have a ready made half a paring.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Junior

Sezer for Keary sounds good to me.

Wasn't there talk that Sezer wants to go back to Sydney. Should see if South Sydney want to do a player swap before 2015 season kicks off.

After the game I'm a little concerned about Keary. He made several bad defensive reads and bounced off attackers. He also made some terrible attacking options and handling errors. That being said it was a high pressure game and the Bulldogs have a massive forward pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    After the game I'm a little concerned about Keary. He made several bad defensive reads and bounced off attackers. He also made some terrible attacking options and handling errors. That being said it was a high pressure game and the Bulldogs have a massive forward pack.
    He bounced off Tony Williams, mate. Bloke is about double his weight and he regained his footing immediately for a second effort. Not sure what these bad reads and attacking options you're referring to either, perhaps I missed them..

I think Keary is a very talented young player who brings creativity and a lot of energy. Would love for us to pursue him for 2016. He plays with a lot of heart, something we may be missing with Bails and Mini's departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    He bounced off Tony Williams, mate. Bloke is about double his weight and he regained his footing immediately for a second effort. Not sure what these bad reads and attacking options you're referring to either, perhaps I missed them..

I think Keary is a very talented young player who brings creativity and a lot of energy. Would love for us to pursue him for 2016. He plays with a lot of heart, something we may be missing with Bails and Mini's departure.
    There were a few ones other than that but not really major ones.

Agreed he brings creativity and I would love him at the club but yeah I am still a little worried. Not saying I don't want him BTW before everyone starts bashing me.

Elgey will be better than Keary and will be able to carry a team.

Love the G !!!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Elgey will be better than Keary and will be able to carry a team.

Love the G !!!
    Agreed. I want Elgey to get a go in first grade.

#JumpingonthetekeElgeylovetrain

But considering Keary is a GC junior and might get better with age... why don't we have both??? *cue Mexican music*

I'd love a centre like Dylan walker at our club
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Bring Keary back as a hooker ???? Played there a few times this year?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Did they re-sign Av'au?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Did they re-sign Av'au?
    I am pretty sure he is still contracted to Souths for next season but off contract 2016 onward for now

Hadn't even heard of Elgey till I saw this thread, so ended up having a look at a highlights video of him on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ATEP7Dc-A

Kid has talent but it's a big step from U/20's to first grade. Hard to know whether he can reproduce that form in first grade.

Also regarding Keary, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Hadn't even heard of Elgey till I saw this thread, so ended up having a look at a highlights video of him on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ATEP7Dc-A

Kid has talent but it's a big step from U/20's to first grade. Hard to know whether he can reproduce that form in first grade.

Also regarding Keary, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
    Some good things there but gee that U20 comp is touch footy stuff.... Will be interesting to see him against teams with proper defensive structures.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Some good things there but gee that U20 comp is touch footy stuff.... Will be interesting to see him against teams with proper defensive structures.
    This absolutely.
    I don't rate the under 20's comp at all but there are some good players in the list of under 20 player of the year that have gone on to good things. I would take someone like Keary like a shot who has proven himself at NRL level over someone who hasn't.