Page 271 of 281 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    We should sign the jets fijian center and their backrower

It's a huge step from Q cup to NRL
    #itaintweaktospeak

I'd be more impressed if we adopted a playing style that threw caution to the wind like the Jets do. Our playing roster sure can't match a top 8 NRL side so we need to adopt a different playing style.

The atmosphere and game quality yesterday was impossible to beat. Sitting there watching it, it also wasn't hard to get a little depressed at the realisation the Titans are light years away from that and the fact that the best signings some people are aspiring to are cast offs or plodders. We have enough of those and without wanting to repeat myself we need quality, nothing less.

After watching that it's very hard to dig out over $1000 for Titans memberships which we are now getting emailed about. But I will be as they at the least need our support to eventually succeed.
    (Geez even Manly are adding premiership winning assistant coaches to their staff).
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 05-10-15 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'd be more impressed if we adopted a playing style that threw caution to the wind like the Jets do. Our playing roster sure can't match a top 8 NRL side so we need to adopt a different playing style.
    i think this year we did adopt a more 'shootout' style of play. certainly when LG was in the side our average points per game would have almost doubled from other weeks and previous years.

Attack isnt my concern at all....we do not have anywhere near the steel, discipline or patience that the top 4 sides have displayed this finals series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    The atmosphere and game quality yesterday was impossible to beat. Sitting there watching it, it also wasn't hard to get a little depressed at the realisation the Titans are light years away from that and the fact that the best signings some people are aspiring to are cast offs or plodders. We have enough of those and without wanting to repeat myself we need quality, nothing less.

After watching that it's very hard to dig out over $1000 for Titans memberships which we are now getting emailed about.
    (Geez even Manly are adding premiership winning assistant coaches to their staff).
    At this stage our best hope is signing some unknowns and high potential players from the nyc and the q cup and hoping they turn into quality players.

Does anyone else think we should go after Gutherson?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think this year we did adopt a more 'shootout' style of play. certainly when LG was in the side our average points per game would have almost doubled from other weeks and previous years.

Attack isnt my concern at all....we do not have anywhere near the steel, discipline or patience that the top 4 sides have displayed this finals series.
    Agree with you again DB haha our attack definitely looked better this year and, although i think it could use a little bit of polish, it is not a major concern. For me our areas of improvement need to be fitness, poor discipline and defence (which will likely come as a result of the other two). We were the 16th rated team defensively this year which was a big reason we lost most games. Our ball handling and penalties conceded are horrendous and the main concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Does anyone else think we should go after Gutherson?
    Gone to Eels
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Is it confirmed that he's gone to Eels though?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Is it confirmed that he's gone to Eels though?
    Apparently going to be announced this week.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Flannagan saying bird will play fulback for sharks next year, we should be making a big play for valentine holmes next year if he doesnt get the fullback spot

Immortal

The Ipswcih 5/8 we were linked to a few weeks ago, is off to Penrith apparently.

Ben Teo in talks with Brisbane, do they not have a salary cap?

Yes they have the same cap as us, can't you tell???

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Yes they have the same cap as us, can't you tell???
    Is it possible some of their players, eg
    Thaiday are willing to take a pay cut just to be in Bennett's team?

Immortal

Third party deals are a killer for us, clubs like the broncos can get so many more and are outside the cap

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Is it possible some of their players, eg
    Thaiday are willing to take a pay cut just to be in Bennett's team?