Page 242 of 281 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4213

Welcome to the Titans Tyrone. Isn't a superstar but he'll do the job and will help us ease Ash into first grade. Has a decent kicking game as well. Another positive is that Tyrone and Jimmy are cousins and will be playing on the same side of the field next year. Might be handy.

Also, DB summed it up well by saying that we aren't buying any superstars but have definitely bought some quality. Shillo, Taia and Friend are all upgrades on the current men.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

We're paying him ~200k/yr.

Sign Josh Cleeland and Schwass from 20's and let Roberts, Atay, Cleeland and our local boy battle it out for the #6 jersey to partner Kane

With Roberts also the knights are paying a fair chunk of his salary

Thought I read somewhere that Gagai has an get out clause if Rick Stone is sacked. Maybe should be calling his manager for a chat.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Would love to know what the plans are for Mortimer now then. I dont quite understand why we have given Roberts a second year though? 200k first year with the Knights paying most with is a good peice of business. But a second year to a player who has well below average for the last 2 years playing in a team below us.

I agree with Wayne though, Taylor needs to play NRL. Its inevitable really, when you think about it. I just hope him and Kane are the first on the team sheet. Obviously he is probably not going to play every game considering injuries and fatigue. Id just rather blood him than try and resurrect the career of Tyrone Roberts.

Ben Hunt is a prime example. And look how it has payed off.

Falloon's Titans return only temporary
    http://www.nrl.com/falloons-titans-r...8/default.aspx

Beau Falloon has been brought back into the Titans team to face the Bulldogs on Sunday but coach Neil Henry has revealed that he is not part of the club's future beyond 2015.

A City Origin representative and the club's player of the year in 2014, Falloon was left out of the team that went down 36-14 to the Storm last Sunday and after four years on the Gold Coast will have to find a new home in 2016.

Along with Falloon, Eddy Pettybourne has been recalled to the Titans team after missing last weekend due to a virus but captain Nate Myles remains sidelined with a shoulder injury.

Given his strong performance in the early stages against the Storm, Daniel Mortimer will retain his spot against the Bulldogs with Falloon set to replace Kierran Moseley in the 17, the player Henry sees as the future long-term hooker at the Titans.

"We haven't made an offer for [Falloon]," was Henry's response when asked about Falloon's future at the club.

"Kierran Moseley is contracted and 'Friendy' [Warriors hooker Nathan Friend] is coming along as well and Daniel Mortimer is contracted as well and we certainly see Daniel having value as a utility halfback/hooker."

Due to injuries and a club-imposed suspension at the start of the season Falloon has played just eight games in 2015 taking his career tally to 81 NRL games after a previous three-year stint at South Sydney.

Dropped after a below-par performance against the Eels a fortnight ago, Falloon was overlooked in favour of Moseley who missed five games himself due to a knee injury midway through the season.

Henry conceded that the 21-year-old former Panther is still getting confidence back in his knee but is viewed as having a bright future at the club.

"He's been on a steep learning curve for the whole season," Henry said. "He's come back from a knee injury and probably lacks a bit of confidence in running at the moment and he probably didn't take his opportunities against Melbourne when he needed to.

"He's worked very hard defensively, there's been a real improvement in his defence but he is a project just like Kane Elgey and any of our younger players such as Agnatius [Paasi], Nathaniel Peteru and Nene Macdonald.

"We're always going to look for improvement but those players are certainly the future of the club."
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

sorry, still don't get this signing at all.

it's as if we're just replacing mediocrity with more mediocrity. This club seems to have a thing for settling for second best when it comes to signings that's for sure.

People are clutching at straws when they say the reason for his poor form is because the Knights as a whole are in a bit of a rut - the guy has been average ever since he stepped foot into first grade for them a few years ago - so much that he was dropped multiple times from first grade, he was tried at hooker (yeah that experiment failed as well).

He is only coming here because we are the only club stupid enough to take nobodies and expect to turn them into world beaters which NEVER happens.

This so called 'rebuilding' phase isn't really working for me. Friend who I have the utmost respect for is what, 35 next year? Taylor hasn't stepped foot in first grade yet, Shillo's best days seem to be behind him, Roberts is apparently a halves depth signing (which makes no sense because he won't add stabilility to the halves regardless of whether he gets called up).

There are no signings that we can all honestly look at and say "wow, good signing!" - we just seem to settle for mediocrity.

-a very angry and frustrated gt101.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 12-08-15 at 06:40 AM.

First Grader

Roberts has a poor general kicking game and is no better than mortimer as a halfback. Really is a waste of money.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 12-08-15 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

it's as if we're just replacing mediocrity with more mediocrity. This club seems to have a thing for settling for second best when it comes to signings that's for sure.

People are clutching at straws when they say the reason for his poor form is because the Knights as a whole are in a bit of a rut - the guy has been average ever since he stepped foot into first grade for them a few years ago - so much that he was dropped multiple times from first grade, he was tried at hooker (yeah that experiment failed as well).

He is only coming here because we are the only club stupid enough to take nobodies and expect to turn them into world beaters which NEVER happens.

This so called 'rebuilding' phase isn't really working for me. Friend who I have the utmost respect for is what, 35 next year? Taylor hasn't stepped foot in first grade yet, Shillo's best days seem to be behind him, Roberts is apparently a halves depth signing (which makes no sense because he won't add stabilility to the halves regardless of whether he gets called up).

There are no signings that we can all honestly look at and say "wow, good signing!" - we just seem to settle for mediocrity.

I don't rate Roberts at all. But I guess if we're looking for a player who has NRL experience in the short-term incase Atay isn't up to it, then what other options did we really have? I hope Ash shows enough to nab the #6..his defence can't be any worse then Roberts thats for sure.

Anyway, from Fox Sports Market Watch thingy they do every week:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...ce=twitterfeed

-Apparently we're still keeping an eye on Mbye
    -Richie Kennar rumoured but they're just adding 1+1
    -Redman won't be here next year
    -Lafai is apparently on the lookout for a new club...we'd have to be in the market for him? I'd hope so anyway. Even though there is clearly some heat between him and Jimmy, lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    So thinking more about the whole potential signing of Tyronne Roberts and or Issac Johns it will give us some depth and experience without paying a lot for them. As a few have said we can then bring Taylor into the side slowly and build him up. My feeling is that Uncle Wayne has given his blessing for him to come here but maybe with a few conditions hence why Wayne Bennett has cautioned Titans for not throwing Taylor in the deep end.

On another note I would like us to retain Fogarty as I think that he has a bit to offer us as does Schwass in the halves.
    Personally , I like most on here would like nothing more than to sign players that make us sit up and notice them , however the cards that we were dealt this year has had a major impact on the recruitment and retention of players going forward. If I'm to read into what has been said in the past that prior contracts were drawn up with very little in them to make players accountable then it would make it really hard to move those players on. Yes the players that were have recruited are not going to make you sit up and notice , but they are good players and low maintenance players only signed to one or two year deals which gives me comfort that there is some long term planning for recruitment going forward. We also need to be mindful that it looks like that in 2017 the NYC will be no more and at this stage the QCup will be the direct feeder to the NRL so we will see the benefits of the Junior development bear fruits.

Reading the past few days that it looks likely that we will keep Morts around next year to help Mossley adjust to NRL day in day out is only what I can guess is what the recruitment of T Roberts will be in terms of Ash Taylor. We don't want to throw Taylor in bust him up , only for him to fall by the way side. Some young fellas can handle the step up and some need time and from what Bennett has said is that Taylor will play NRL in 16 but needs to be managed into it. So having someone like T Roberts who will be cheap for us will allow King to do such a thing.

Another feeling that I have is that Wayne Bennett want to see the Qld clubs do well and with our new ownership it must have opened a friendly door to the Broncos that has not been there in the past. So the way I see it is that if WB is steering a few players our way then we bust not screw them up or it will be the last time the WB helps us in some capacity.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

lafai is a gun. I hope we go after him. At least him and roberts would of be the other side of the field to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

Pretty much sums it up for me. Any reason why it hasnt been announced officially yet?

From the lurker
    MANLY won't replace club recruitment manager Dave Warwick, who has moved on.
    We hear that new assistant coach John Cartwright will also have recruitment in his Brookvale portfolio.

And Cartwright is known to be a fine judge.
    I laughed so hard at this maybe he can take gordon and zilly to manly

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    A fine judge of what type of wood you need to make spoons out of and he's been giving Henry tips.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    From the lurker
    MANLY won't replace club recruitment manager Dave Warwick, who has moved on.
    We hear that new assistant coach John Cartwright will also have recruitment in his Brookvale portfolio.

I laughed so hard at this maybe he can take gordon and zilly to manly
    As an Assistant Coach his resume is pretty good , his blemish on his career is the Titans where he got to make all the decisions
    #itaintweaktospeak