Page 228 of 281 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 238 278 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 4213

So other than re-signing we can only, at this stage, manage to sign retirees. It's turning into the Seagulls again.

Teo was looking at the Cowboys and has stated he wants to come back to a competitive team and tweeted he misses Sydney. Given our coach has just been quoted stating that we won't be competitive until 2018 I highly doubt he would be considering coming to the Gold Coast. Pipe dream.

The article in the Bulletin was ok until about half way through it said "Te’o is expected to fetch up to $700,000 if he returns to the NRL, a figure the Titans aren’t prepared to match."
    Stopped reading at that point and wondered why the paper even ran with the story if it's a no go. Fills up the pages I suppose.

Can someone tell me a little bit more about Taia? I was young and I can't remember how he played, can anyone tell me if he's good or not?

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    [Reading the article also says were imminent on announcing Zeb Taia signing. Till it's done on paper I'm a non believer
    Zeb Taia - god help us. Just another mid range plodder and we already have a club full of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    Can someone tell me a little bit more about Taia? I was young and I can't remember how he played, can anyone tell me if he's good or not?
    Despite being young don't feel as if you have missed anything. Just an average NRL player at best.

Is he as good as Eddy or worse?

Hi Guys,

A lot of forwards have come back from the super league better than when they left. I remember Ryan Hoffman said that it made him a much better footballer. Also other forwards such as Moa, Soliola and Pettybourne have all came back playing well. The main thing that I have noticed is that they often hit hard and just have that intensity that our club needs. I guess they realise it's their last chance to make a mark in the NRL.

I do agree that our recruitment hasn't been very good for next year but the thing that I like is that we are no longer paying overs for anyone. No doubt we have been offered players who we would all like but if we bought them at the price to come to our club then we would be broke for even longer. Redman, Nene, Shillo all would of been good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    Hi Guys,

A lot of forwards have come back from the super league better than when they left. I remember Ryan Hoffman said that it made him a much better footballer. Also other forwards such as Moa, Soliola and Pettybourne have all came back playing well. The main thing that I have noticed is that they often hit hard and just have that intensity that our club needs. I guess they realise it's their last chance to make a mark in the NRL.

I do agree that our recruitment hasn't been very good for next year but the thing that I like is that we are no longer paying overs for anyone. No doubt we have been offered players who we would all like but if we bought them at the price to come to our club then we would be broke for even longer. Redman, Nene, Shillo all would of been good value.
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    Some good points about players returning from SL better players. Pettybourne is going ok but a good guide is would he crack any of the top 10 teams in his current form - probably not. But I take your oint re Hoffman and Moa.
    As for Nene being good value. So far I don't think so but with his build there must be a good player in there just waiting to develop.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 31-07-15 at 06:04 PM.

so if im correct forum members are unhappy we havent signed big names for next year, but are also unhappy we have signed names in the past instead of juniors.

I would love Teo as much as the next guy, but i think he is someone you add to a team to go from top six to top 2 or 3 and closer to a title. he wont take you from the spoon to top 8.

that comes from youth, roster management and coaching....then you add the cream on top later once you work out what you specifically require and a title shot is getting close.

At 28, he would sign for three years and be gone before we get close to the title, costing us the chance to develop a young guy in the meantime who will be around for the tilt.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 31-07-15 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    so if im correct forum members are unhappy we havent signed big names for next year, but are also unhappy we have signed names in the past instead of juniors.

I would love Teo as much as the next guy, but i think he is someone you add to a team to go from top six to top 2 or 3 and closer to a title. he wont take you from the spoon to top 8.

that comes from youth, roster management and coaching....then you add the cream on top later once you work out what you specifically require and a title shot is getting close.

At 28, he would sign for three years and be gone before we get close to the title, costing us the chance to develop a young guy in the meantime who will be around for the tilt.
    Mate some people just can't be satisfied.. Nothing will ever be "enough" however I'm fairly satisfied with how our recruitment has been, the DCE blowup aside

700k for Te'o though..nty for the reasons you have listed

Nah, I'm just unhappy that one minute we have players waiting to be signed but we are waiting on other players to be traded off but we ARE able to sign retirees. I'm unhappy cause our head coach has written us off till 2018 and his contract is up (along with everyone else's) in 2017.

So this is my team for 2016 i think brian kelly will definately put some pressure on our wingers
    1) David Mead
    2) Josh Hoffman
    3) James Roberts
    4) Nene Mcdonald
    5) Anthony Don
    6) Kane Elgey
    7) Ash Taylor
    8) David Shillington
    9) Nathan friend
    10) Luke Douglas
    11) Eddy Pettybourne
    12) Ryan James
    13) Greg Bird

14) Keiran Mossley
    15) Nathaniel Peteru
    16) Zeb Taia
    17) Agnatius paasi
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan

Close to spot on side I reckon Toddy.

On another topic, definitely would love to see some of our younger guys such as Kelly, Lawton etc get blooded into the team sometime in the next 2 years. While it is good to have a marquee signing, I am a fan of building a team full of young guys (especially our own) that develops together.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Nah, I'm just unhappy that one minute we have players waiting to be signed but we are waiting on other players to be traded off but we ARE able to sign retirees. I'm unhappy cause our head coach has written us off till 2018 and his contract is up (along with everyone else's) in 2017.
    I'm with you.
    Sure Teo alone wouldn't get us into the top 8 but a high quality forward and a decent experienced half would I reckon. The club will be gone if we just carry along like this for another couple of years but it seems from the thumbs that DB's post has got many people are happy to wait. Not the way I want to go.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 31-07-15 at 08:53 PM.

Good side Toddy.. I myself would like to see Hala in there somewhere but otherwise, it's a pretty strong squad considering the roster we have for next season

Cheers guys i actually forgot about david hala plenty of potential and with another injury free preseason could be anything!!
    Nathan friend my all time favorite titan