Page 223 of 281 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 233 273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4213

Agree with Toovey calls. Would really shake this place up. I like King but he has had his chance, he was assistant to Cartwright as well. I don't think he has the shed anymore.

We need to follow suit to Manly..so much dead weight here. Gordon, Srama, Faloon, Burr, Robinson, Taylor, Zillman. For mine they are taking up cap space that we could spend on actual talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly.to.Roberts View Post
    Agree with Toovey calls. Would really shake this place up. I like King but he has had his chance, he was assistant to Cartwright as well. I don't think he has the shed anymore.

We need to follow suit to Manly..so much dead weight here. Gordon, Srama, Faloon, Burr, Robinson, Taylor, Zillman. For mine they are taking up cap space that we could spend on actual talent.
    Did you seriously leave Mortimer off that list .... 3 of those players are certainly gone
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly.to.Roberts View Post

I think we need to give Henry his chance. After all he inherited most of these players. The type of dead weight player that Manly are releasing and similar to the players you list above are the type we have been signing. We need some of these types but one or two top shelfers are required and we keep missing them.

TITANS COULD LAND FRIEND
    Written by TONY ADAMS | 25, 07, 2015 | RLW

JOURNEYMAN hooker Nathan Friend could be headed for a shock return to the Titans next year.

Friend turns 35 next February but remains one of the most consistent No.9s in the NRL and is a fitness fanatic.

His future at the Warriors is under a cloud following the club’s signing of Rabbitohs star Issac Luke. But Friend wants to play on next season and could be headed for the Titans, where he played 100 games between 2007-11.

With off-contract Beau Falloon set to move on and Matt Srama well down the pecking order, the Titans are in the market for hookers.

The Titans are also looking at off-contract Broncos rake Matt Parcell, who has impressed powerbrokers with his work ethic and speed.

Injured rookie Kierran Moseley is highly rated but the super-fit Friend would provide the experience and commitment on the field and a mentoring role off it

Former Titans football manager Scott Sattler recruited Friend to the club in 2006, and reckons he would be a superb buy in his twilight years.

“You would have to go a long way to find a more professional player than Nathan Friend,” Sattler says.
    Last edited by K2G; 25-07-15 at 10:32 AM.

Assuming we have Friend and play players in their actual positions e.g. Paasi is a prop, then what are we still missing?

1. A right edge backrow or two with size = Ben Teo, Alex Glen or the much cheaper Scott Bolton.
    2. A 5/8 = any of Taylor, Parcell, Nona, Matty Smith or Carney.
    3. A centre = a Matu'utio or a Jennings or both
    4. A fullback = throw a retirement package at Slater (captain and marquee superstar)
    5. A halves coach = Lockyer or Kimmorley
    6. A plan to build a club culture based on team spirit, professionalism and with a siege mentality.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Assuming we have Friend and play players in their actual positions e.g. Paasi is a prop, then what are we still missing?

1. A right edge backrow or two with size = Ben Teo, Alex Glen or the much cheaper Scott Bolton.
    4. A fullback = throw a retirement package at Slater (captain and marquee superstar)
    6. A plan to build a club culture based on team spirit, professionalism and with a siege mentality.
    Nailed it, IMO.

Number 6 is the most important and the plan is one thing, but do we have the right people and systems to implement it?

Good post as always mate.

We definitely need a hole-running backrower that can break tackles and it annoys me that we are not going after Ben Te'o. Surely we would have the $ to outbid the Cowboys and Rabbits?

Sounds like we are almost 100% getting Taylor so hopefully there is our number 6 sorted.

Not sure we need a centre because I am a fan of Nene but his defence is definitely worrying me. However, I do see him and Jimmy being our centre combo for years to come.

Would love to see Slater here but no way is he leaving Melbourne. I would be going all out for Valentine Holmes when he comes off contract.

Definitely think a halves coach would be beneficial. Either Toovey or Scott Prince (what is he up to these days?).

And the last one is 100% right. Might take a few years but we need a team where we can be proud even after losses because we know the team has given it their all. Haven't seen that for a few weeks now.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

I will not be greedy and will just settle for 1 and 2 for now.

Lol @ Toovey for a halves coach.

He'd be useless
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

BJ has been playing NSW Cup for a couple of weeks since returning from injury & im sure he will be on the Fulton Shyte list, I'd take him on 1 leg over White & I'm sure he'd be cheap
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    BJ has been playing NSW Cup for a couple of weeks since returning from injury & im sure he will be on the Fulton Shyte list, I'd take him on 1 leg over White & I'm sure he'd be cheap
    why the hell did we let him go?

Definitely hope the club is looking at Starling and/or Lawrence.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    why the hell did we let him go?
    Same reason we let Keary & Friend go .... Stupidity
    #itaintweaktospeak

Same reason we let Keary & Friend go .... Stupidity
    KEARY PLAYED FOR US??-why would they let him go for?? EDIT: woow he was one of our juniors and we snubbed him.
    Last edited by TitanSam; 25-07-15 at 06:02 PM.

I think the opposite. They will def keep him
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]