Page 219 of 281 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 229 269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4213

In the spirit of giving here are some of the 14 players who Manly have apparently stated they don't want next season.
    Horo
    Mateo
    Mason
    Starling
    Matt Ballin
    Blair
    Lui
    Littlejohn
    Jayden Hodges
    Wolfy Williams
    Luke Burgess

Can't remember the others.

Frankly I wouldn't want any of them here although I do have a soft spot for Matty Ballin, a Runaway Bay junior and I think his parents still live around there. Matt was signed by Manly this season, only weeks ago, for two years and now they have suggested he look around which is poor management. I think his form has dropped off a lot this year but that is not a good way to deal with a great club man. Mind you the same CEO who did this is the same bloke who brought Burgess to the club who has been useless.
    Anyway enough of Manly and I will be interested in the comments to see if anyone wants to pick the bones from the above. I think none of them.

And Toovey is free as well.

I don't have issues with Josh Starling. I've never seen a faster prop in my life.

Looks like DCE will be making lots of friends at the club for the rest of the year and years to come. I'm loving how every failure of Manly's at the moment includes him being labelled the 10 million dollar man. It's going to take it's toll. He may want everyone to move on but it's going to haunt him till the day he retires.

Should sign Toovey as a halves coach next year seeing how Manly might be paying him for next year. ;-).
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Is that immediate or next year? How old is he, anyone? Has he finished his stint in U20's?
    This is Shaun's last year of 20s, he signed an NRL contract with NQ.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Is that immediate or next year? How old is he, anyone? Has he finished his stint in U20's?
    As of next year... This is his last year of 20's

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    I guess its also a willingness to not over pay players from now on, especially one that is untested at NRL level and even QCup level. If Souths want to pay overs for the kid. Then good luck to them. And i wish him all the best. Also another little rumor that another of our U20s players is on the move.
    lol lol HS that little rumor came to fruition

Hudson moves to Cowboys as Origin star Brian Kelly agrees to stay on Gold Coast
    TRAVIS MEYN | GOLD COAST BULLETIN | JULY 22, 2015 12:00AM

THE Titans have lost under-20s co-captain Shaun Hudson to North Queensland but junior Origin star Brian Kelly has agreed to stay at the Gold Coast.

Hudson will head to the Cowboys next season on a two-year deal which will see him train full-time with the NRL squad.

The opportunity was too good to pass up for the 20-year-old Burleigh Bears product, who was offered a one-year extension by the Titans.

Hudson, a Palm Beach Currumbin graduate, trained one day a week with the top squad during the pre-season and scored a try in the NRL team’s trial against New Zealand in February.

“He’s a skilful kid. He can play anywhere from one to six but he’s best at fullback or right centre,” Titans under-20s coach Ben Woolf said. “He’s got good footwork and ball skills.

“He’s deceptively strong and can break tackles and get an offload off the back of that. He’s got leadership qualities.

“What he says is smart and the boys respect him. He has a great influence on the other players.”

Woolf believes there is plenty of improvement left in Hudson and moving into a full-time training environment will only fast-track his development.”

The Titans were a chance of losing Kelly to South Sydney following his remarkable four-try haul in the under-20s State of Origin recently. But he has agreed to a two-year contract extension which will see him groomed as an NRL centre or winger.

The 19-year-old will still be eligible for the Holden Cup next season but it’s possible he will be promoted to Intrust Super Cup.

The Titans also look like they’ll retain Queensland under-20s prop Oshae Tuiasau, who is in the final stages of negotiations for a two-year extension.
    Last edited by K2G; 22-07-15 at 01:40 AM.

Immortal

Disappointing to see Shaun Hudson go, but I am glad we tried to keep him. Good news about Brian Kelly and Oshae Tuiasau, both have good futures, Oshae may well need a year of seasoning in QCup but is a big strong young front rower. With the previous signing of Karl Lawton, it is good to see the club get our U20 state reps sign, it certainly will help to contribute to the positive outlook for the club in the eyes of juniors who are looking for a defined pathway, which Jamie McCormack is looking to foster. I would like to see Anthony Coleman and the Schwass boys get deals for next year, all three have, in my opinion the talent and dedication to push for first grade careers in time.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227451355010

Anyone read this little bit ?
    Brisbane NYC star Ashley Taylor is expected to join the Titans on a two-year deal and partner Kane Elgey in the halves next season after the Broncos granted the Junior Kangaroos star permission to negotiate with rival clubs.

SO looks like we are going a young inexperienced half combo
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Immortal

Also happy to note the comment about Matt Parcell possibly coming

DRAGONS WANT WINGERS

Titans winger Kalifa Faifai Loa has been linked with a move to the Dragons.

The 25-year-old made his NRL debut in the big Red V back in 2010 before moving to North Queensland.

Wouldnt mind seeing him go. Gives kelly and gl more of a clearer pathway to nrl

That is a shame about Shaun. From what you guys have said and the games that I've been able to see him play in he was one of our best in the U20's. He seemed very versatile too, centre, wing and fullback. It seems a shame we couldn't make a bigger push to ship Gordon up there in lieu of a possible promising young fella.

Junior

I think releasing players who are still on contract is getting harder and harder not just for us, but all clubs. I look at the Warriors who released Mateo, yet are still paying part of his wage. Smarter decisions need to be made in terms of recruitment, I think we are on the right path making sure we dont spend to big on players unless they are worth it. (It has bit us in the backside from previous administration).

Surprise surprise, Manly at it again...

Chris Garry ‏@Tiger_CMail 14 mins

Manly Sea Eagles are chasing Broncos hooker Matt Parcell. Cronulla and Gold Coast Titans have also shown significant interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Surprise surprise, Manly at it again...

Chris Garry ‏@Tiger_CMail 14 mins

Manly Sea Eagles are chasing Broncos hooker Matt Parcell. Cronulla and Gold Coast Titans have also shown significant interest.
    It seems like Manly just wanna take all of our potential recruits. This just reminds me why i hate them.
    I'm A Titan #thruNthru

Quote Originally Posted by IpswichTitans View Post
    It seems like Manly just wanna take all of our potential recruits. This just reminds me why i hate them.
    And the dislike for Manly is what Manly fans lap up. However Manly supposedly went after Elgey and Taylor and missed Elgey and probably Taylor from what you read so their success rate is not high. Heck Manly even took Myles off the Titans hands as a big favour.
    In regards to Parcell, the Titans just need to be faster and be aggressive in going after him but that doesn't seem to be one of their recruitment strategies.
    Matt Ballin would come cheap as Manly would probably pay a fair bit of his $$ and he would be a good bloke to have around post football, but from what I saw of Parcell last Sunday he would be a much better option.