Page 218 of 281 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 228 268 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    That can only mean one thing - the Titans have signed some really big name players on good coin but haven't announced it as yet.
    Can't agree with you MT because:
    1. There aren't any of those sort of players in the market place.
    2. We would have heard about it by now because all those 'investigative' journalists are in other parts of the world getting shot at, rugby league journo's sit behind their desks and get fed by clubs and player managers ... that's where the rumours come from.

Plus I have other thoughts about our finances and they are that:
    1. The club doesn't have the coin for operations and so is using the cap to survive, and/or
    2. Backended contracts are causing pressure on our cap.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    The issue with the potential loss of Brian Kelly etc, is as much about perception as it is about losing a young player of potential .............. it is easy to see how things can get very bad very quickly unless the Titans change the perception.
    Couldn't agree more
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-07-15 at 10:00 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Not trying to harp on my previous point, and appreciating a lot of this was in relation to the previous administration, off the top of my head I have come up with a list of players who where either signed with us or part of our junior development squads at one time or another.

1st grade

Moses Mybe (Bulldogs)
    Brendan Elliot (Roosters)
    Lloyd Perrit (Bulldogs)
    Jarrod Wallace (Broncos)
    Hymel Hunt (Storm)

NYC

Jayden Burrell (Bronccos)
    Sam Gee (Broncos)
    Guy Hamilton (Bulldogs)
    Marion Seve (Tigers)
    Connor Carey (Cowboys)
    Keenan Palasia (Broncos)
    Aaron Booth (South Sydney)
    Hugh Pratt (Manly)

That is also not including people like Keegan Hipgrave, Lochlan Sheldon, Te McDonald, Jesse Savage, Jack Peacock, Dray Ngatuere-Wroe, Emery Pere etc.

I believe that currently we have the best group of juniors we have ever had, but we have to show them that there is a pathway here and keep them

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Can't agree with you MT because:
    1. There aren't any of those sort of players in the market place.
    2. We would have heard about it by now because all those 'investigative' journalists are in other parts of the world getting shot at, rugby league journo's sit behind their desks and get fed by clubs and player managers ... that's where the rumours come from.
    I was being sarcastic with my earlier comment about us having signed players. Probably should have made it more obviously sarcastic!
    You mention correctly "There aren't any of those sort of players in the market place". There were and we missed them or didn't go after them.

Immortal

Joe Ofahengue now of course with teh Broncos was also in one of our development squads as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I was being sarcastic with my earlier comment about us having signed players. Probably should have made it more obviously sarcastic!
    You mention correctly "There aren't any of those sort of players in the market place". There were and we missed them or didn't go after them.
    Too early in the working day for me old mate

Titanic you mentioned in another thread about someone falling on their sword what did you mean by that ? Is there something that you know and just waiting for the s*** to hit the fan?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Titanic you mentioned in another thread about someone falling on their sword what did you mean by that ? Is there something that you know and just waiting for the s*** to hit the fan?
    No but I'd reckon that there are some pretty unhappy people behind the scenes. It seems quite unnatural to me that our management could be so silent in front of such poor performances ... a very strange type of damage control.

Either they don't care, don't have any ideas, are hiding something (good or more likely bad) or have given up which is what it seems like to me.

I'm amazed that none of Annersley, Frizzelle or anyone has come out in defence of the team's future.
    Last edited by Titanic; 21-07-15 at 12:01 PM.

There are hints that Sam Burgess may not be selected for the World Cup. That would open him up for a return to league sooner than expected. Come on down!

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    There are hints that Sam Burgess may not be selected for the World Cup. That would open him up for a return to league sooner than expected. Come on down!
    If Burgess comes back to league it would only be for the Rabbitohs. Can't see him coming to us but guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

To save you all buying the Bulletin tomorrow:

Shaun Hudson is off to the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Any idea who the other player is that Travis is talking about?

@travismeyn:Mixed news for @GCTitans fans - one young gun has agreed to stay at the club but another is off to @nthqldcowboys. @GCBulletin tomorrow #nrl
    #iwillneverwalkaway

HUDDO I had a feeling he'd go to Cowboys.. I thought he could've played for us one day but I think he'd have a better NRL chance in the cows outside backs
    Last edited by TitanSam; 21-07-15 at 08:19 PM.

Immortal

All the best to Shaun Hudson and thank you for your efforts in NYC

Junior

Happy for Huddo to get a chance to possibly to play first grade. However I think we have made a good decision. Personally I think he may be to small to handle the rigors of first grade week in and week out. He will also no doubt link up with close mate and former Titan Jahrome Hughes at the Blackhawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Is that immediate or next year? How old is he, anyone? Has he finished his stint in U20's?