Page 195 of 281 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 205 245 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    You also had zero faith that LG would be NRL quality, to be fair.

The 'two young halves won't work, just look at the tigers' line is bad logic on multiple levels. Bring it on i say.
    I didn't have zero faith - I just wanted to see him tested at QCup level, which he did and went great.

I don't know why the Tigers analogy is bad but I think we will just have to agree to differ on this one and the approach we should take. It essentially comes back probably to the fact that I do not rate the under 20's comp whereas others think it's the pathway to the NRL - even though it will most likely get the chop in the next year or so.

Happy to hear all views and that's what this forum is about. After all it's the coach who has his reputation on the line, not us.
    I'll just finish with the point that we have lost Sezer and Myles for next year and we have not adequately replaced them by a long way. It concerns me that no one that anyone else wants seems to want to come here, but there is a bit of time yet until next season starts.

Anymore stats guys know if a inexperience halves has ever done well in their first year together ?
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Because it's bad logic to say that the reason Brooks and Moses are struggling is because they're an inexperienced pair. It may just be because they (mainly Moses) aren't really up to the standard of being a quality NRL level halve. Elgey has already shown he is NRL level and is carving up. It's yet to be seen if Taylor or Martin would be quality NRL players. The Tiger's duo may also be struggling due to having a poor team to work with. Whoever will be our halfback next year has a pretty easy job, feed the ball to Roberts early and in space, kick well, and be a steady player to allow Elgey to work his magic. I'm sure both the young guns we're looking at are capable of doing that.
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

We could always get a halves coach...

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Because it's bad logic to say that the reason Brooks and Moses are struggling is because they're an inexperienced pair. It may just be because they (mainly Moses) aren't really up to the standard of being a quality NRL level halve. Elgey has already shown he is NRL level and is carving up. It's yet to be seen if Taylor or Martin would be quality NRL players. The Tiger's duo may also be struggling due to having a poor team to work with. Whoever will be our halfback next year has a pretty easy job, feed the ball to Roberts early and in space, kick well, and be a steady player to allow Elgey to work his magic. I'm sure both the young guns we're looking at are capable of doing that.
    Their team is fine. Farah, Woods, Tapou, Simona, Richards, Naiqama, Tedesco, the list goes on. I personally think they were rushed in too early last year because they had no choice as the Tigers were riddled with injuries during the time.

Anyone know when Fogarty is due back from injury? Maybe we don't need to look outside.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Their team is fine. Farah, Woods, Tapou, Simona, Richards, Naiqama, Tedesco, the list goes on. I personally think they were rushed in too early last year because they had no choice as the Tigers were riddled with injuries during the time.
    don't forget Elgey has had close to a full season under his belt so it wouldn't be like throwing two complete 0 game players in the deep. I'm not worried at all. As quite a few have said- the other half has an easy job-get the ball to Roberts and be steady and calm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Anyone know when Fogarty is due back from injury? Maybe we don't need to look outside.
    I've seen some highlights of him and he looks excellent. But I don't really know just seen some highlights that's about it.

^ Full season? He's played just 9 games! He still has to prove he can do this week in week out as well.

Don't get me wrong the prospect of having two young haves full of potential sounds exciting but the step from the 20s to first grade is huge, and not all of those youngsters can adjust as easily as Elgey seems to have.

I guess the question is, is it a risk we're willing to take?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 06-07-15 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    ^ Full season? He's played just 9 games! He still has to prove he can do this week in week out as well.

Don't get me wrong the prospect of having two young haves full of potential sounds exciting but the step from the 20s to first grade is huge, and not all of those youngsters can adjust as easily as Elgey seems to have.
    yea but WHAT IF Ash Taylor adjusts as well as Elgey, then we have an excellent halves pairing to last us a very long time.

Hope we up the ante on getting some good forwards to give us the go forward and quick play to allow our possibly inexperienced halves a lot of time. We all have seen what Elgey can do with a bit of space. At least with Myles gone we should see an improvement there. Now we need to train Bird to get up and play the ball and not grab his throat or have a whinge and play the ball and we might give them some time to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think you are off base here mate.

Morts is limited with skills but will always give 100%.

Tyrone is quite skilful, can kick goals, can put blokes away or break the line himself, but is terribly inconsistent, but his best game is pretty good.

he offers more....and less than morts, but they are nothing alike.
    Neither of them are good enough for our starting halves role though. Squad players at best. I hope its small 1 year contract. Tyrone Roberts is not the answer. Anyone who thinks so is off base.

Apparently they also said on the news that Tyrone Roberts doesn't want to join the Titans. That's what I heard anyway.
    #iwillneverwalkaway

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Apparently they also said on the news that Tyrone Roberts doesn't want to join the Titans. That's what I heard anyway.
    Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    good lol

Gee you all, has commonsense flown out the window?

I'm all for a youth policy and even for two untested bodies in 6 and 7 but just have a look at our backline and explain who is going to call the shots? None of Mead, Don, Macdonald, Roberts, Elgey, any of the young 7's nor Hoffman are noted on-field leaders. Maybe they can develop into that but not in the games left or by 2016 by any stretch of the imagination.

The Tigers' issue is not about their age but their experience. The dills down there didn't use Anasta properly and their forward pack is like ours, it goes around alright but then the backs are led by .... ? Farah can't do it from the front line, Tedesco is a free-spirit, so they are farked.

And us? Very similar. We don't need T. Roberts or Isaac either as they can't do what we need ... get one of the Pommies or even one of the expats like, dare I say it Walsh, right now. We don't need a superstar, just a football head leading our great young blokes around. In fact, I dream about having a fullback with a mouth like Slater.

And now for a Titanic-ism:
    Each game is like having sex for the first time ... it's a lot easier if somebody is telling you what to do with it!!!
    Last edited by Titanic; 06-07-15 at 07:46 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Apparently Roosters are on the verge of a big signing. Anyone have a idea who? Just wonder what it will do to the player market is all?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady