Page 190 of 281 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 200 240 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 4213

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Both will need to put on size to play top grade. 85kgs is small especially when you going to have 105kg+ beasts targeting you all day. At that weight you also get thrown around like no tomorrow. Other hard thing is that if they put on size there is a chance of loosing speed, agility etc to the added weight
    I think 90 kgs is a good size, still have the agility, still a good size.

- - - Updated - - -

And Roberts is 82

Junior

Because of the way the rules are these days. The players are getting bigger faster and stronger slowly eliminating the effectiveness of the smaller men. Not saying they couldn't handle it at 85kgs. But I know some clubs have a minimum weight in which players in certain positions must maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    I think 90 kgs is a good size, still have the agility, still a good size.

- - - Updated - - -

And Roberts is 82
    i think Locky was 85 or so, the rest of these are off club profiles.

Thurston 87

Cooper Cronk 89

Mitchel Pearce 91

shaun johnson is considered a pretty big halfback and he is 92kg. you wouldnt want any bigger

87-89kg or something is fine for me.

the biggest thing is that those players have built a better body composition over many pre seasons.

and ticker is a big part of it. we see maloney at a decent size missing plenty, but smaller guys put the body on the line and bring down huge guys.

not sure why i quoted you TS...not disagreeing or trying to tell you anything at all really

1) don't use club website data regarding height and weight stats because it's highly unreliable.
    2) Te Maire Martin plays nothing like Benji Marshall. At all. Completely different playing style

Agree HS, and I think it's been said in this thread somewhere in previous pages; Martin and Benji are completely different players, to the point where likening the two is borderline offensive, if not frustratingly lazy. Watching Martin play, I get the impression that he is aware of the inevitable comparison and actively tries to prove he is his own player/man. I really like his skill-set and would be stoked to see him come to the coast.

One thing I really like about both he and Ash Taylor is their ability to make others look good. Knowing who to feed, when and how. Rare of young halfs of the current 'me first' generation. As for the latter, he's not thaaaat small;

Also, an excerpt from the updated 'Broncos to release Ashley Taylor' article on the couriermail website:

GOLD Coast have rocketed to the front of the queue for Junior Kangaroos star Ashley Taylor as the Titans eye a halves pairing to set them up for the next 10 years.

Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett has conceded defeat in his battle to keep Taylor, allowing the 20-year-old to negotiate with rival clubs for 2016 and a release from his Broncos deal.

The Titans are in hot pursuit, with the Queensland under-20s halfback a strong chance to join last year’s under- 20s player of the year Kane Elgey on the Gold Coast.

A halves pairing of Elgey and Taylor could set the Titans up for a decade of success if they could land the deadly duo.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley said his club was interested in Taylor, but doubted they were alone in the hunt.

“As the Broncos have given Ashley permission to look at other options, I’m sure our recruitment and coaching staff will be interested in having a chat,” Annesley said.
    Last edited by K2G; 05-07-15 at 12:20 AM.

I'm always weary of signing rookies who haven't played first grade yet. I mean, just look at how Moses & Brooks are going, both were killing it in the U20s and both were talked up to be the next big thing, yet both have been rubbish all year (Moses especially). Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by K2G View Post
    Agree HS, and I think it's been said in this thread somewhere in previous pages; Martin and Benji are completely different players, to the point where likening the two is borderline offensive, if not frustratingly lazy. Watching Martin play, I get the impression that he is aware of the inevitable comparison and actively tries to prove he is his own player/man. I really like his skill-set and would be stoked to see him come to the coast.

One thing I really like about both he and Ash Taylor is their ability to make others look good. Knowing who to feed, when and how. Rare of young halfs of the current 'me first' generation. As for the latter, he's not thaaaat small;

Also, an excerpt from the updated 'Broncos to release Ashley Taylor' article on the couriermail website:
    This is an extremely valid point and with U20's literally being a season long trial for an NRL contract, the attitude of some of the players is really 100% about showcasing their individual ability instead of what is best for the team. It's the unfortunate truth about the grade and explains why many players who were highly dominant in 20's simply cannot step up to NRL (that and the fact that they can't tackle lel).

You're right - he's got a frame to build in to. Needs to get on dat der bulk

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    However, look at the Tigers pairing of Moses and Brooks. I definitely agree Taylor would be our best option if we missed out on Hodko, but we can't assume that an LG/Taylor pairing would be entirely fantastic. Just hope we get Hodkinson.
    Are the young Tigers pairing to blame for their poor results this season? I have faith that if coached well and they click as a partnership Taylor and Elgey could be a special pairing. Left and Right foot kicking combination as well.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/titans...ung-gun-18077/ Read more at fox sports. Annesley said our recruitment team would be interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    1) don't use club website data regarding height and weight stats because it's highly unreliable.
    2) Te Maire Martin plays nothing like Benji Marshall. At all. Completely different playing style
    who do you compare him with then?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanSam View Post
    http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/titans...ung-gun-18077/ Read more at fox sports. Annesley said our recruitment team would be interested.

- - - Updated - - -

who do you compare him with then?
    I'm not sure but nowhere near Benji

Kid has a ridiculous wide ball though!

Quote Originally Posted by Show and Go View Post
    Are the young Tigers pairing to blame for their poor results this season? I have faith that if coached well and they click as a partnership Taylor and Elgey could be a special pairing. Left and Right foot kicking combination as well.
    They were rubbish under Potter as well, they look like kids playing a man's game.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    They were rubbish under Potter as well, they look like kids playing a man's game.
    Spot on. I respect the opinion of the few on here that want to push blokes from the under 20's into the NRL at every opportunity but you need some experience in the key positions if you want to go places.
    I want the team to go places next year not wait and hope that some young bloke might be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    That is fine. Elgey hasn't looked like a boy playing a man's game though. We don't know how Taylor will handle it either.

Sam Moa being released early. Two things here.

1. He'd be a great signing for this club
    2. It would get us one back on Manly

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1227429053187

After watching the Intrust Cup game today between Redcliffe & PNG I would love to see the club talking to young Tyson Cleal , a forward with size,skill & most importantly attitude & I think he's only 20
    #itaintweaktospeak